Author Topic: Moving  (Read 3351 times)

Offline decalmania

• Nooboo
Moving
« on: September 07, 2014, 09:42:53 AM »
My house is too small already!

I thought I read somewhere that we can move the whole house, but does that mean to a new lot?

If not, how do I move the family?

Thanks, Lori

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Re: Moving
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 10:36:19 AM »
You can move the whole house on the same lot. Go into build mode and go up to the top floor where the roof is. Click on the roof and a panel comes up - press the multi-arrowed sign and it will take the house on to your cursor. Move the house left, right or wherever you want on the lot. You can also rotate the whole house if you want. Rotating is easier for me with the < > keys.

If you want to move the whole house to a different lot, I'm not sure. I'm assuming you have to save the house to your library, go to a new lot and import it from your gallery.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 11:19:55 AM »
You can save a house in the library and then plop it down on a bigger lot. Save your current home to the library, go to the larger lot you want, go to the gallery/library section and grab your house and then Replace Current Lot.

The old house is there, centered. You can use the move tool to move it around and find a better orientation for it in the new lot if you need to.

I have not done this with an occupied lot, just an empty house moving to a larger space. I don't know if it works with a family.

The move function in the computer is for the household to move to a larger better home. You can keep your belongings or leave them as you did in Sims3. You have the option of moving to any neighborhood or even move towns (this will be very cool with expansion towns!)

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 12:02:50 PM »
Hi, noticed this post re Moving and you may be able to help me as I was looking for the best place to put my query to.   How do you save a house you have built to your Library?  I thought I had done this but it was just the person in the house that was "saved".  Grateful for any advice, not too good at this tech stuff.  ☼
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 12:15:00 PM »
Hi, noticed this post re Moving and you may be able to help me as I was looking for the best place to put my query to.   How do you save a house you have built to your Library?  I thought I had done this but it was just the person in the house that was "saved".  Grateful for any advice, not too good at this tech stuff.  ☼

Hit f2 or enter build mode
On the top bar there is an arrow going into a folder, next to the house with the I in it.
Click that, and select the first option, save lot.
- Jessica

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 12:20:36 PM »
Thank you so much Jesirose.  I knew I must be missing something obvious !   I am so impressed with all the help that is given on this Site regarding queries from us less "with it" technical people.    ☼
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 12:43:51 PM »
I have just uploaded the house to the Gallery.  Thank you for your advice, easy to follow (even for me), lol      ☼    Much appreciated.

Albert Einstein

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 02:08:32 PM »
If you save your house and move it into a larger lot, do the plants you planted also come with?  My Sim is a gardener with a very extensive upgraded garden and I'd hate to lose my plants and all that hard work.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 07:25:07 PM »
If you save your house and move it into a larger lot, do the plants you planted also come with?  My Sim is a gardener with a very extensive upgraded garden and I'd hate to lose my plants and all that hard work.

Yes the plants will stay with the house.
Something I like is if you just move and you choose to pack your furniture it also packs the plants into you family inventory. I was surprised by that the first time I moved my household to a different lot.
And unlike the Sims 3 when you choose to pack your furniture it really takes it all instead of just making a copy of it to your family inventory and still leave on your old lot. The old lot and house is striped and empty of items.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 07:19:05 AM »
I moved my house from My Library to a new space and the house was intact (without the special items I had found and placed in the house) ;  also the plants I had planted and upgraded to higher level were not there.  So not sure that you can keep any extra things that you do. 

Albert Einstein

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 12:31:57 PM »
Did you check if you bought the house with furnishings?
Try to check the house/lot without a sim buying it.

I often save my houses while im building (with a live sim living in it). And the plants i planted remained in the house whenever i grab from my library and plop the house on a new lot.