Author Topic: Game crashes  (Read 6103 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Game crashes
« on: September 06, 2014, 10:19:46 PM »
Anyone else having repeated game crashes every hour or so if not more often?  I don't have this problem with Sims3 so I don't think it's my pc.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Game crashes
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 11:10:21 PM »
I haven't had any crashes but when my gardener sims inventory had a lot in it the game began to stutter and do semi-mini freezes that lasted about 4 -5 seconds. I emptied her inventory and restarted the game and is was good after that.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 03:29:35 AM »
My game is running fast and smooth and all seems to be going well except it crashes pretty much hourly if not more.  I'm saving every five or ten minutes so I don't lose everything, (again!), but it's really annoying especially when you are in the middle of something you feel is important or difficult to do.  My pc is all tuned up and ok so I doubt it's that.  I do tend to do things quickly so maybe it just can't handle my speed. ;)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 03:58:34 AM »
My game is running fast and smooth and all seems to be going well except it crashes pretty much hourly if not more.  I'm saving every five or ten minutes so I don't lose everything, (again!), but it's really annoying especially when you are in the middle of something you feel is important or difficult to do.  My pc is all tuned up and ok so I doubt it's that.  I do tend to do things quickly so maybe it just can't handle my speed. ;)

What's the nature of the crash? My game appeared to lock up several times, but it turned out to be easy to unlock. I simply alt-tabbed out of the game, and then back to it, and magically the game menu appeared. Closed it and everything was back to normal.

If your game is actually full-on closing on its own, that's not something I've experienced yet.

Every time this happened, it was immediately after I queued up a new action.

Goat

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 01:35:50 PM »
It's full on closing down the game entirely.  Thanks Goat.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 01:45:34 PM »
Are you using testingcheats Joria?  My experience is having cheats on causes my game to crash, no cheats no crash.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 01:43:11 AM »
Nutella it crashes either way.  Am now exploring whether or not it's a corrupted save file.  Hubby went online and found there are several folks having crashes, some with cheats, some without.  The fix for it, (I hope), is rename your Sims 4 folder to something else, like Sims 4 backup.  Close.  Go to your game and click on it.  You will have lost all your saved files unless you saved the saves folder.  I saved my folder, replaced it, played and got crashes.  So I'm assuming it's a corrupted save file.  Will now go back in, create another Sim since I can't figure out how to play from my gallery or library, play and see what happens.

The other response was to play in Window mode vs full screen.  Supposedly that will save crashes if it is not a corrupted file.  Since I was playing in Window mode it is likely a corrupted file.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 09:08:52 AM »
My game becomes unresponsive and then crashes when I try to change their appearance!
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 01:42:43 PM »
Apparently it is NOT a corrupted file.  I removed all my saves, started a new game and still had crashes.  It happens most often when I'm in their inventory.  Last night I had the game paused, doing nothing, nothing qued up but had to pay attention elsewhere.  When I went back to the game about 5 minutes later it had crashed.  Have tried all the various things hubby found and still crashing.  He suspects it might be overheating my cpu.  (sigh)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 04:55:07 PM »
Apparently it is NOT a corrupted file.  I removed all my saves, started a new game and still had crashes.  It happens most often when I'm in their inventory.  Last night I had the game paused, doing nothing, nothing qued up but had to pay attention elsewhere.  When I went back to the game about 5 minutes later it had crashed.  Have tried all the various things hubby found and still crashing.  He suspects it might be overheating my cpu.  (sigh)

There was some fixes for crashes in the last patch - maybe check there for info?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 05:07:35 PM »
I have my game set at updating automatically so wouldn't any update/patch already be there or do you have to do it manually?  It seems to crash every time I'm putting harvestables in the fridge.  I like to sell off the lower quality and replace with the higher so my chef Sim has the best to work with.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 05:09:14 PM »
I have my game set at updating automatically so wouldn't any update/patch already be there or do you have to do it manually?  It seems to crash every time I'm putting harvestables in the fridge.  I like to sell off the lower quality and replace with the higher so my chef Sim has the best to work with.

If the game is running, the download will complete but the update won't install until you quit the game.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 05:12:45 PM »
Well, I guess crashing means quitting the game, right?   ;)  Actually, would I have to go in then exit to trigger this?  With 4 there's a lot of weird things you have to do to make things work.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 05:13:53 PM »
Well, I guess crashing means quitting the game, right?   ;)  Actually, would I have to go in then exit to trigger this?  With 4 there's a lot of weird things you have to do to make things work.

You should be able to see on origin if your game has been patched, also you can see if you have automated updates enabled.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2014, 03:19:28 PM »
I login origin on offline mode. It means faster gaming for me. Although lags or freezes became noticeable when my sim inventory has lots of items in it. Stacks of fruits, veggies, herbs, mysims and all other collectibles fom the world.