Author Topic: Are there no firefighters?  (Read 33409 times)

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
Are there no firefighters?
« on: September 06, 2014, 08:45:30 PM »
Well, I just got the Sims 4, and I'm loving it so far. I have been playing for a few hours, and I just came across this: My sim's boyfriend was making grilled cheese, and he started a fire. He immediately routed to safely, but my sim was screaming at the fire for awhile before I made her leave. I went to call the firefighters, but there was no option! Eventually I had to have my sim extinguish it herself.

Are there no firefighters at all in this game, or am I missing something?

Thanks,
            Simlish
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Offline Echo

• Llama Wrangler
  • Derp lerpa dwee
Re: Are there no firefighters?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 09:33:06 PM »
Nope, at this time it's up to you and your sim to take care of the fire.  Best to get it early before it spreads!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 11:31:49 PM »
There are no firefighters but there's a special fire alarm system that has sprinklers that will put the fire out. It's under rooms, kitchen, alarms.

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 03:01:26 AM »
Good to know, about the fire alarm / sprinkler Judewright.  I have not examined all the items available yet.  There seems a lot to do, so far I am enjoying building up my gardening skills and seeing where that leads.  Still experimenting ☼
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 03:35:38 AM »
The fire alarm system with sprinklers says it requires a ceiling to work.  Does that mean we have to apply a ceiling like you could do, (if talented, I never could get it right), in Sims3 or just mean there has to be a roof?  Anyone know?  And really, what's the point of the other fire alarm if there are no firefighters?  It just sits on the wall and makes noise.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 04:35:12 AM »
The fire alarm system with sprinklers says it requires a ceiling to work.  Does that mean we have to apply a ceiling like you could do, (if talented, I never could get it right), in Sims3 or just mean there has to be a roof?  Anyone know?  And really, what's the point of the other fire alarm if there are no firefighters?  It just sits on the wall and makes noise.

I think having a roof is enough. I didn't add a ceiling and it worked for me, also, if you use tab mode in a room with a roof above it shows as having a ceiling - so I think they are automatic since there is no ceiling option (that I have found).

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 04:24:35 PM »
OK, thanks! Now I know to take action right away. One of my Sims almost died :P
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 01:42:00 AM »
The sprinkler system doesn't always work so you still need to keep an eye on your sim when cooking, just incase the sprinklers don't put the fire out before the entire kitchen starts to go up in smoke.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Dellena

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 08:39:18 AM »
I haven't tried to sprinkler system yet and I haven't had a fire yet.  I'm curious if when you're using the sprinkler system if you also have a fire alarm inside the house?

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 02:16:57 AM »
Do you place the sprinkler system on an inside wall, or an outside wall? And do you also need a fire detector?

Dellena

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 02:40:57 AM »
I noticed an EA house had the sprinkler system on the outside.  Logically, you would need a detector inside but I don't know.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 11:30:14 AM »
I had the sprinkler system inside but I guess outside would work too. I didn't have an alarm installed in the house but the sprinklers still went off, but if you have the system outside then maybe you would need an alarm inside? I doubt it though.