Author Topic: Are you ready to retire The Sims 3?  (Read 14793 times)

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Are you ready to retire The Sims 3?
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2014, 07:23:44 AM »
Ok, first off, I am lusting after an Alienware pc so I SO envy you Tobey!

Haha thanks! I got the lowest priced one you can buy, but still an Alienware none-the-less! It was worth every cent!

Offline Kaibilly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2014, 06:00:35 PM »
I haven't played TS3 for ages.  I was over the long load times between screens.  As much as I miss the same open world as TS3 had, I love the way they have done TS4 where it loads up small sections.  Can't see myself going back, just having too much fun with the new one.
We could learn a lot from crayons:
Some are sharp, some are pretty,
Some are dull, some have weird names,
And all are different colors....but
They all exist very nicely in the same box.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2014, 06:11:19 PM »
I haven't played TS3 for ages.  I was over the long load times between screens.  As much as I miss the same open world as TS3 had, I love the way they have done TS4 where it loads up small sections.  Can't see myself going back, just having too much fun with the new one.

I feel the same way!!! The loading screens were so tedious, it just made me feel like I could be doing better things with my time then waiting a whole ten minutes for the game to load and then having it crash randomly (seriously, it crashed on me all the time and I'd lose 30 minutes to a hour of progress). Sims 4 has not crashed on me once!!

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2014, 05:21:52 AM »
While playing TS4, I missed TS3 a lot, mostly from watching TS3 footage from TS4 tv channel. And yeah, I miss TS2 too when hearing music resembling TS2 CAS music

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2014, 07:46:55 AM »
Not yet, maybe never.

I am enjoying Sims 4 but I find the loading screens annoying, the lack of colours when building frustrating and the fact that when you split up a household the Sims you are not playing lose everything in their action queue just downright dumb.  Rant over.

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2014, 09:47:54 AM »
Not for a long time.

After I got over the initial "Ooh, it's new and shiny" reaction, I got bored of Sims 4 very quickly. I went back to Sims 3 with its supernaturals and CASt.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2014, 10:49:31 AM »
I definitely won't be retiring Sims 3 anytime soon. I'm not even close to having done everything in that game and I'm not a huge fan of Sims 4. I really really like CAS but I'm not crazy about the actual game play. I kind of regret spending the $60 the day it came out. I definitely could have waited until the price came down.  :-\

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amano_ginji

• Nooboo
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2014, 02:10:37 PM »
Right now, no I do not think I'll be retiring Sims 3 anytime soon.

Give it 2 or 3 years when they have some decent expansion packs under their belt, then maybe so. Despite all that's missing out of Sims 4, I believe Maxis have a VERY good base to start on and build with. :)

I still have a vampire, a fairy, a genie, a mummy, a unicorn, a plumbot and a simbot in my Sims 3 game and seeing as I am not nearly done exploring all of their options I doubt I will be retiring Sims 3, considering the base Sims 4 is not that bountiful. After a few expansions I intent to recreate said family from Sims 3 into Sims 4 and continue. :)