Author Topic: Are you ready to retire The Sims 3?  (Read 14809 times)

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Re: Are you ready to retire The Sims 3?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2014, 08:10:26 AM »
I've barely played the sims 3 since April, maybe even before. I didn't even have that many performance issues, slight lag maybe. I just got bored of it. It's partly my fault as I tend to skill, skill, skill. With the sims 4 though it's new, fun and the multi-tasking is brilliant. I'm trying to focus more on the gameplay now than just getting to the top level of everything.

The sims 4 really is more focused on the sims themselves, I don't think 3 had that.

Yes there are things I prefer in 3 but to me it had run it's course long before 4 came out. Saying that, I spent a lot of money on 3 so I can't see me uninstalling it just yet.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 09:12:35 AM »
I put The Sims 3 on the back burner to really give Sims 4 a try and the more I play it the more I like it. And I can't really see trying to play both of them. I'm not going to uninstall Sims 3 just yet but it's looking more like it's days are numbered for me.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2014, 09:17:20 AM »
I quite like TS4 but still love TS3 . I will probably use both for a while . If I was to uninstall TS3 completely , what would happen to all the sims and houses I've shared with the forum ? Would they all stay there like they are now ?
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Swanwhite

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2014, 10:06:43 AM »
Oh I am! Sadly after the forth or so expansion pack Sims 3 never played smoothly for me again and I was unable to play for more then two or three sim days without hiccups. I will probably continue to, as I have for the past two years, masochistically reinstall sims 3 for nostalgia sake once or twice a year  :P

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2014, 10:11:40 AM »
For now I think I'll stop playing the sims 3. I was still playing it a lot before the sims 4 came out. Played it almost every day. But I got so fed up with the bugs/lag and glitches that I was ready for another game. So for now I'll leave the sims 3 alone.
Might be that at some point I'll get bored with the sims 4 (since it doesn't have any expansion packs yet) and start playing the sims 3 again. Haven't deinstalled it yet. But for now I'm done with it :)

I'll go back to it at some point for sure, since I play the sims 1 and 2 occasionally too.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 10:29:13 AM »
Right now, Sims 4 feels new and shiny and I'm having fun discovering what there is to do in it.  However, I don't think I will give up on The Sims 3. There are still things I'd like to do and games I'm still enjoying on it. I'm sure I'll go back to them at some point.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2014, 11:31:05 AM »
I'm not sure. I have not played Sims3 in months because it is so slow to load, slow to play, and very laggy. The worlds are so full of stuff now that it is almost impossible to play. I have a good computer and graphics card and Sims3 drives me nuts. I wish I could play! I love my Sims3 legacy families in the different towns.

I do miss Story Progression in Sims4. I am hopping from house to house, Sims2 style, and doing it that way and with the Manage Worlds tool.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2014, 12:16:06 PM »
I agree with a lot of the replies already given.  Have not played Sims3 for a while but still mean to keep it on computer for when I want to again.  At the moment I too am finding lots to learn about Sims 4 and enjoying doing so.  Look forward to any expansions that will add to it.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2014, 04:56:05 PM »
No, I won't retire Sims 3.  I think Sims 4 is a great foundation and it has a lot that I want to explore - plenty, I'm sure to keep me busy until the expansion packs start coming.  But I haven't finished my first TS3 Dynasty, so I need to do that, and I'd like to do a couple other dynasties as well. 

The hard part will be having time for TS3 dynasties once TS4 challenges start, since the challenges will have time restraints. 

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 05:16:04 PM »
Yes, I uninstalled it on my laptop already. I hadn't properly played TS3 since about March anyways, and since I only had the base game, it was pretty boring anyways. I was orginally planning on buying several EP's for TS3, but I figured that since TS4 was so close, there was no point in wasting my money. I love TS3, but I'm really enjoying TS4 a lot more so I don't plan on going back (although I might load it a few times for nostalgia later on).

Offline Snick3

• Nooboo
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 07:16:14 PM »
I am not enjoying S4 as I am not enjoying S4 as much as I did S3 but I'm not done playing it through to see how I feel. I have all the S3 expansions so really I'm leaning that way...much as I did S3 but I'm not done playing it through to see how I feel. I have all the S3 expansions so really I'm leaning that way...

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2014, 07:50:21 PM »
No and never!
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline Drguyks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 08:25:12 PM »
I'm mildly impressed with Sims 4, so no. I probably won't retire it, especially thanks to Midnight Hollow, OFB-like DLC, and CASt option. Bottom line: as long as there's no Midnight Hollow in Sims 4 or anything like OFB I'll keep Sims 3.

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 09:00:04 AM »
NEVER.  If I want sims who look like actual people, or want to do some serious home decorating, or want to play a household of 8 sims and 1 toilet without anyone dying, or want to check in on some of the messed up households I've so lovingly played all last year, I'll definitely load Sims 3 back up.

That said I'm having plenty of fun with the new adorable and questionable things my Sims can do in Sims 4.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 03:44:50 PM »
Yep, I retired it. I completely uninstalled it from my computer on September 1, mainly because my solid state drive is only 100GB. I needed to fit Sims 4. But I will say, that I just wouldn't have time to enjoy The Sims 3 any more, and need to know everything about the new game. I don't know that I really could enjoy it.. I mainly got into Sims, enjoying skilling up and getting rich. With TS3 it grew very easy to do so, and there were so many directions you could take. I am a gamer at heart and try to play other stuff, so there's just not enough time in the day. Right now I only play Diablo 3, but while I was working on Civ 5 I enjoyed Bioshock infinite.

Civilization: Beyond Earth comes out on Oct 24, and I would love to get to play it. I may even cover it, depending how long it takes with Sims 4. We are in a state of heavy development and I will get a lot of enjoyment out of TS4, but know I'll want a break from the game and that will be my go-to. Alpha Centauri was an amazing game, and its spiritual successor deserves some of my attention. Hoping I might even do some simple Guides to mechanics :D