Author Topic: Are you ready to retire The Sims 3?  (Read 14791 times)

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
Are you ready to retire The Sims 3?
« on: September 06, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »
And considering how The Sims 3 and 4 are so very different, do you think you'll ever be?

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Re: Are you ready to retire The Sims 3?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 03:53:36 PM »
No. I think sims 3 will be on my computer for as long as I can keep it there. I'll probably even get around to buying the last expansion packs just because I want them.

Just so far, sims 4 doesn't seem like it will be able to replace sims 3.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 03:54:48 PM »
Right now, no I do not think I'll be retiring Sims 3 anytime soon.

Give it 2 or 3 years when they have some decent expansion packs under their belt, then maybe so. Despite all that's missing out of Sims 4, I believe Maxis have a VERY good base to start on and build with. :)

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 04:18:18 PM »
I'm not *planning* to retire Sims 3 anytime soon.  I *have* been so immersed in Sims 4 that it may happen of its own accord.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 04:50:47 PM »
Well, considering that my computer is a Mac laptop and there are no immediate plans to release Sims 4 on Mac, no, I won't be retiring Sims 3 anytime soon. Besides, there's still plenty I haven't done in Sims 3 and despite the lag and bugs, I'd rather try everything that I want to try before moving onto the next version - by then I'd imagine there will be a Mac version, maybe.

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 04:56:13 PM »
Well, I'm retiring the Sims 3 for now. I might reinstall it sometime in the future (as I've reinstalled the Sims 1 and Sims 2 on occasion), but I don't really have plans on playing it. I haven't played the Sims 3 in many months (so it's already been retired for quite a while) and the performance issues, bugs, pathing issues, etc. have discouraged me from playing it as well. I didn't even plan on purchasing the Sims 4 so soon, so it was retired regardless of how I felt about the Sims 4. I might pick it up again to actually get through some of the challenges (i.e. Immortal Dynasty), though.

There's so much to do and discover in the Sims 4 anyway, so I don't really feel bad about it.
Hi!

Offline Namaya

• Townie
  • Every writer has a best friend inside their head.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 04:58:23 PM »
Noo absolutely not, I still haven't discovered everything from my Sims 3 game! I got all the expansions and after so many years I still got so many things left to try out. I only just recently got my first horse and have only been to the future once. Those are two examples of the many things I still want to do with that game. I also still want to succeed at least one dynasty! :P.

It was the same for me when Sims 3 came btw. I played Sims 2 for around 3 or 4 more years before I permanently switched to Sims 3.
Please read my stories! Any feedback is welcome:

Between Dreams and Sunset
The Beastly Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline columbeya

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 08:57:14 PM »
I think it'll be quite a long while before I retire my Sims 3. I'm kind of enjoying Sims 4, but it's only been a few days, and I'm already starting to get a little bored. No travelling, no college, no weather...I miss all that Sims 3 stuff. I'll keep playing it, but I can't quit Sims 3 yet. Plus, I am determined to finish at least one Town Jump Challenge before I let 3 go.

This didn't happen to me when The Sims 3 came out. I started it and never went back to 2, even though I loved it. Right from the start I loved Sims 3 more (even though I had to give up my H&M clothes). Right now, Sims 4 feels like a completely different game to me. I like it, but it's not the same.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 12:52:56 AM »
I haven't played TS3 for a little over a year.

Last year, when I installed Island Paradise, it wiped the entire game. Nobody knows why, and I never got an explanation from EA about this. At the time, I had all of my discs except one, and all of my codes except one. Like an idiot, I hadn't registered all of my games, so I was SOL. The game wouldn't run on my laptop and my desktop was dying as well, so I wound up waiting. We moved, and my discs got left behind.

So TS4 was an opportunity to get back to playing The Sims. I figured that it would be simple, that I'd move on with a different game.

Problem is that I haven't. TS4 is like an advanced version of TS2, meaning that it's nothing at all like TS3, which makes me want to play TS3. I believe TS4 is the superior game (by leaps and bounds), but it's too different.

I'm currently planning on replacing all of my TS3 games.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 02:26:16 AM »
I deleted TS3 before I even installed TS4. My hard drive is pretty stuffed, and I like to keep as much room as possible available. I've been so impressed with TS4, I don't think I'm likely to ever re-install TS3. Of course, that's based on a few assumptions I'm making, namely that a few key features - things like seasons and universities - will be added in fairly short order.

Goat

Offline EleLL

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 02:29:39 AM »
I haven't played TS3 in 3 months, so I'm over it. And when I did play, I only got frustrated by it and bored within an hour. So no going back for me at this point. I love TS4, and I'm likely to start limiting how much play time now that I've got my initial rush on it, but I'm very content to play this in evenings after dinner until my other game is out next week, and then sparingly when the other half isn't home.

Offline ChowFatt

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 02:43:07 AM »
I officially retired my TS3 after I tried playing the base TS3 game to test it against TS4.  TS4 won, TS3 retired. Done.
PC-Load Letter! What the...

Offline Evma Alsar

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 04:32:23 AM »
Absolutely! The annoyances in Sims 3 have outweighed the enjoyment I've been getting out of it to date, and I already like the way things work in 4 too much to go back.

Sure I'd like to have the content of 3, but as badly optimised as it is it's just not worth the hassle to me.

Dellena

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 05:23:08 AM »
I'll be uninstalling my Sims 3.