Author Topic: Are you ready to retire The Sims 3?  (Read 14794 times)

Offline Echo

• Llama Wrangler
  • Derp lerpa dwee
Re: Are you ready to retire The Sims 3?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 04:55:14 PM »
I'm mildly impressed with Sims 4, so no. I probably won't retire it, especially thanks to Midnight Hollow, OFB-like DLC, and CASt option. Bottom line: as long as there's no Midnight Hollow in Sims 4 or anything like OFB I'll keep Sims 3.

Sorry if I sound ignorant, but what is OFB?  Out for blood?  Original first-born?

But in my personal opinion, I probably am not ready to remove TS3 for now.  Yes it's bug-ridden and laggy as heck but I still have a good time with it in short bursts, and I still haven't explored the Into The Future expansion yet, even though I bought it months ago.  I promised myself I'd start on that after I finished with the Island Paradise content.

TS4 is a whole different beast, at least for now.  I don't mind that it's more cartoony, because the content is fresh and quite frankly I find the facial expressions of the sims in it seem much more polished and readable than those of its predecessor.  I think I'll be playing both of these for now.

And I agree Carl, when Civ Beyond Earth comes out I'll be getting that for sure.  I've been tempted to buy Pandora as well.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 04:58:13 PM »
Sorry if I sound ignorant, but what is OFB?  Out for blood?  Original first-born?

Open for Business  - a sims 2 expansion that many call one of the best additions to the game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Echo

• Llama Wrangler
  • Derp lerpa dwee
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 05:32:53 PM »
Open for Business  - a sims 2 expansion that many call one of the best additions to the game.

Ahhhh.  I skipped TS2 entirely, so I'm not really familiar with its content.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 05:41:04 PM »
Ahhhh.  I skipped TS2 entirely, so I'm not really familiar with its content.

Don't worry, we are simmers of all ages and main focuses here :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 01:11:01 AM »
No, not ready yet. I still love Isla Paradise and Dragon Valley.. and still love playing in Sunset Valley. The open worlds are so beautiful... Lol, now I've talked myself into going and playing TS3 again!  ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 03:01:03 AM »
At the moment, I don't want to retire Sims 3, Yes my focus is on Sims 4 at the moment but I will stay loyal to Sims 3 for awhile longer, probably won't bother uninstalling them unless I really need the space, until then who knows.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2014, 09:38:28 AM »
The amount of time I have available to play any game is pretty limited at the moment, so I will probably spend it with TS4.  That being said, TS3 is still installed on my computer and I don't plan to uninstall it.  I'm sure I will get the itch to play again, just not sure when.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline judyj450

• Nooboo
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2014, 10:11:19 AM »
Never! I will never give up on sims 3. It plays beautifully on my computer and I have all the EPs and SPs. I tried sims 4 and tried and tried liking, but no way!  I returned it and got my money back. I will keep a lookout to see if they ever bring back stuff I loved in the sims 3, but know they will never bring back patterns and the color wheel.  Frankly, I hate the recolors.  You have to download about 7 times as much than you would if you could just put a different pattern or color on stuff.  I think they spent so much time and effort to Create a Sim, they just forgot the game.  To have to travel to each neighborhood just to visit friends or business venues, is just stupid or to the park.  I just hated it.  Too bad, because I have gotten ALL the sims games from day one!  This was a terrible disappointment to me, anyway.  Sorry, but that is how I feel.  :(

Offline kittendog41

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2014, 12:49:57 AM »
Definitely not ready for Sims 4 yet, I think they released it too soon! I'm nowhere near getting over the Sims 3 even though I bought it way back on it's release date in 2009, It's an amazing game and still so much to do. Some of the Sims 4 stuff looks impressive so far but I simply refuse to consider buying the game unless there's pools and toddlers added. (yes, I'm one of THOSE people LOL)
~KittenDog~

Offline Ijzabela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 03:38:48 PM »
I am very tired of Sims 3 constantly crashing, and I was hoping for Sims 4 to be better, but even if I haven't had Sims 4 crash yet, I still miss too many features, so I will wait for new content to be released before I stop playing Sims 3 completely.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2014, 04:00:31 PM »
 Not until I successfully complete an immortal dynasty, which will sadly probably never happen. :(

Offline linmayu

• Townie
  • Founding Member of the Arlo Bunch Fan Club
    • What Happens In Twinbrook Stays In Twinbrook
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2014, 11:18:51 PM »
Not until I successfully complete an immortal dynasty, which will sadly probably never happen. :(

I know that feeling!  :(  I'm working on G3, and finding it too hard to maintain interest in that save file after nearly all the original townies have died and been replaced by pudding despite my best efforts.

Offline khuckster

• Nooboo
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2014, 01:17:31 AM »
As for me there is no way. I like 3 so very much.
There is so much more the Sim is able to do.
I do not care for the travel screens in 4

I still play Sims 3 although I have put in quite a few hours playing 4

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2014, 02:47:33 AM »
I uninstalled TS3 before I installed Sims 4. Honestly, I think I am done with the third game. Like many others, I had not played it in months. I have an Alienware computer from Dell that runs The Sims 4 flawlessly. Sims 3 takes FOREVER to load on it! The loading screens are what frustrates me about Sims 3 the most, that and the bugs. Even on a super fast machine, the first screen takes a minute to load. Oh and then you select your game and have to wait at least 5-8 minutes for the town to load so that you can play.

The Sims 4 loading screens are by far superior. I don't even have to wait a minute. Thus far, I have not discovered many bugs with it either and it has never crashed. Sims 3 would crash on me quite a lot and there goes a hour worth of progress because I am spacey and forgot to save my game!

There are just too many things about the Sims 3 that I found boring and inferior compared to 4. Right now, Sims 4 is my new obsession! LOL.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2014, 04:08:44 AM »
Ok, first off, I am lusting after an Alienware pc so I SO envy you Tobey!

As for giving up Sims3, I doubt it.  I don't plan on it.  Why?  First of all, to me Sims4 is too cartoony and those Sims are no way near realistic.  Too Disney.  But mostly it's because I can't play for more than fifteen minutes straight, IF that, before the game crashes. I am fed up with it.  I hate the neighborhood thing and think it's stupid to have to waste all that time, and regular crashes, just to go next door to visit a neighbor.  I LOVE CAS, but not Sims4 version of it.  I hate it that I can't create patterns via recolor and I miss being able to control exactly where I want to squeeze something in in build/buy mode without having to do camera angle gymnastics.  Worse, all the words for anything printed is so tiny I literally am using a magnifier to read them.  And here I thought the little icons in Sims3 were small!  Hah!  Nothing compared to the minuscle things you get to choose colors from in 4.  Ok, I'm ranting and it's not really fair.  I'm still trying to give 4 a fair shot and am playing it off and on most of the day.  The off part is me getting over being ticked at still another crash.  I do love the Sims my kid and I created.  I hate trying to build a house, although I've seen some really super ones.  The bugs in 3 weren't bugging me but the ones in 4 are.  So why would I give up something as creative and FUN as Sims3 for something as frustrating and hard work as Sims4?  Nope, 3 stays for me.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery