Author Topic: Can I place an entire premade house on an empty lot?  (Read 177834 times)

Offline SinclairFamily

• Nooboo
Can I place an entire premade house on an empty lot?
« on: September 06, 2014, 03:05:46 PM »
Hi everyone!  I found a lot I really like and want to put down a premade house on it. Is this possible or do I have to use the styled room tool to build individual rooms?  I really want to just start playing on this lot without having to spend hours in build mode on my first go around.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Re: Can I place an entire premade house on an empty lot?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 03:26:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum. If I'm understanding your question correctly, you want to place a house that's already been built on your lot? I would recommend checking out the gallery. There are plenty of house there for you to choose from in a range of styles. When you are in build mode, click on the gallery button on the panel in the top left of your screen. I'm not in game right now so I can't tell you which on eit is but if you hover over the buttons, you will find it. Hope this helps!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SinclairFamily

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 04:45:19 PM »
Thank you!  I will try that.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 05:33:29 PM »
Hi Sinclair Family!  Like bubbles said, the Gallery is the best place to find a house.  Make sure you know the size of the lot you want to place the house on.  From map mode, in the upper right of your screen is a button with two photos, click on it, and it will take you to the Gallery.  Click on Community then on the left side will be the categories, choose Lots.  Then below that, click the + by Advanced and there you can narrow your choices by lot size and/or price.  When you find the house you want, and have brought up the details screen it is as simple as clicking "Bring Lot Into Neighborhood" on the lower right of that panel then place the lot.

I believe you can also save the lot into your library and place it that way as well.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 11:21:51 AM »
To do this, be inside the lot, either in build mode or with your family. Then go to the gallery, find a house you like and hit the download button. It will ask you if you want to replace the current lot. Say yes.

It's amazingly easy and there area already a LOT of beautiful homes to choose from on the Gallery. Simmers are so talented!

Offline SinclairFamily

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 02:49:02 PM »
Thanks for the further detail everyone.  We found one we like and are in business! 

anything