Author Topic: The Rodgers-Goth Family (complete)  (Read 16043 times)

Dellena

The Rodgers-Goth Family (complete)
« on: September 06, 2014, 03:29:41 AM »
My first Sims 4 family will be the Rodgers family.

Wilson Rodgers (the father) is an adult, but quite a bit older than his wife.  I will manually age him to elder when the daughter becomes a teen.  Wilson has the following stats:

Freelance Botanist (Bonus Trait: Collector)
Loves the Outdoors
Perfectionist
Creative

He earns a living with gardening, fishing, collecting and will also do woodworking.

Aileen Rodgers (the mother) is an adult but early in this life stage.  Aileen has the following stats:

Successful Lineage (Bonus Trait: Domestic)
Bookworm
Neat
Foodie

She is also be helping with gardening as well as raising their daughter.

Roxann Rodgers (the daughter) is a child.  Roxann is the primary focus of this sim game as I will follow her life through to elder.  Roxann has the following stats:

Artistic Prodigy
Music Lover

As a teen, she will move to the Musical Genius aspiration and I’ll add the Bookworm trait.  I’ll also explore the teen only part time job of Babysitter (I did a lot of this myself as a teen).  As a young adult, she’ll gain the Romantic trait.  She will pick violin for her musical instrument but once mastered, I’d like her to work on piano as well.

The family starts life in Willow Creek on the Bargain Bend lot (self built house).  This story will be a narrative of the sim family’s life as well as information regarding my experiences in playing them.  I’m not the type of player who likes killing their sims or anything like that so don’t expect this to have absurd comical elements.  I’m sure there will be comedy, but I’m not going to be trying to do anything extreme.  I will also be playing with autonomy off as I like to have more control over my sims.  I generally will queue interactions to keep my sims busy in their lives while watching their wishes which are now whims.

My goal is to write at least a paragraph after each sim day.  Feel free to ask any questions here or in a PM regarding the game play.

Dellena

Re: The Rodgers Family - Please move to Story Forum when it's up
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 03:30:23 AM »
WEEK 1

The first sim day was Sunday.  Aileen spent a lot of time reading her cooking book.  Wilson spent some time reading about gardening.  However, since he has the Loves the Outdoors trait, he doesn’t like staying inside too long so I soon sent him off to explore the neighbourhood and see what he could collect.  Roxann first did her homework found in her inventory.  Then she started practicing her violin in her room and did that a good bit of the day.  I’m using the Plumbob lamps wherever appropriate to boost emotions I want.  Aileen made mac and cheese for dinner and it was a good quality as she’d already read her way to level 3 cooking.  It was lovely how the family sat around the table to eat AND have a lively group conversation.  I really missed that in Sims 3.

On Monday, Roxann was up bright and early so I used the opportunity to plan her outfits and made 5 everyday outfits for her.  She then headed down for scramble eggs that were leftover in the fridge from the day before.  Wilson and Aileen were up now as well and soon joined her for breakfast.  I got Roxann in a focused emotion before leaving for school.  During the day, she had an ‘opportunity’ pop up about not being invited to someone’s birthday party.  I had her ask the friend about it and she got brushed off and came home sad from school.  I had her cry it out in bed (so sweet) and then give herself a pep talk in the mirror but it was still a while before I cleared that sad emotion.  Meanwhile, Aileen spent time today reading up on gardening so she can help Wilson more.  Wilson went out collecting and made a friend at the public garden spot, Reuben Hathaway.  Reuben stopped by later that day and had dinner with the family.  He was then nice enough to go out and talk to some of Wilson’s plants. Roxann got her homework done and then I checked her school tab.  Looks like she needs to Attend School while Energized and then also Get 2 Skills to Level 4.  Not sure she’ll do that before school tomorrow but it’s something I’ll start checking each day.  I’d like her to do better than a C.

Tuesday went pretty well.  Roxann got the same opportunity at school but this time I had her Let It Go and she found the party invite in her locker.  I’ve satisfied one of the criteria for her grades going up and I’ve seen an increase in the bar.  Slowly working on the harder one (get 2 skills to level 4).  Aileen read up on gardening some more and now I’ll have her take over the flower gardening while Wilson concentrates on the vegetable patch.  I’m learning more and more about the emotions and how to use them.  It’s a whole new challenge and I really like it.  The evening ended on a slightly humorous note.  Aileen wanted to woohoo with Wilson.  They have a great relationship with not only high on the romance bar but they’re best friends as well.  However, before initiating the interaction I didn’t notice that Aileen’s bladder need was getting fairly low.  They woohoo’d but she got an embarrassed emotion due to doing woohoo less skilled than normal. LOL Wilson, though, had the moodlet for Pleasantly Satisfied.

Wednesday starts much the same although Aileen can now cook pancakes!  Yum!  She then did the tending on the flower plants at the front of the house and Wilson tended the vegetable garden.  And he can now plant the apple he found.  Roxann comes home from school with the embarrassed emotion.  Apparently, she had an Awful School Day - “Dropped a tray in front of everyone in the cafeteria today.  how embarrassing.”  Poor kid.  She hid under the covers and then gave herself a pep talk.  Then she talked to Aileen about her problems and that made it all better.  I realized I was getting behind in Aileen’s aspiration for a successful family.  So she spent time reading to Roxann in the evening before bed.  Aileen had a shower before bed and it broke.  Luckily, I’ve been working on Wilson’s handiness so I had him repair it.  He got 1 plumbing upgrade part from doing that and there was a pile of trash on the floor which he searched through and found a common upgrade part.

It’s Thursday and both Aileen and Wilson can now Evolve plants.  I like this system so much better than having to replant all the time.  Aileen can now work on Gourmet Cooking.  I think once Roxann becomes a teen, I’ll have Aileen join the culinary career.  Roxann came home from school and I really like the daily feedback you get on their performance.  I queued up tasks for Aileen and Roxann and then took Wilson to Sylvan Glade.  I was disappointed at first not to see any collectibles.  But then as I started fishing, they began to spawn.

Friday!  Roxann went off to school per usual and her parents worked on gardening and skilling.  Nothing spectacular today.  Looking forward to the weekend and working on some tasks and exploring more of the world.  Household items are finally coming up needing to be cleaned.

Saturday - yey for the weekend!  Roxann worked on her creativity and I worked, specifically, on 1st of 3 steps for her Artistic Prodigy aspiration.  The first step required an activity table and she had to create 3 drawings while inspired.  Piece of cake.  I had her take a Thoughtful Shower and she stayed inspired for all 3 drawings.  Step 2 requires Achieve Level 5 Creativity Skill (which I already had), Daydream 2 Times (this one was super easy), and Tell 10 Stories.  The last one she has to click on a sim and Tell Make Believe Story.  I’ve managed one.  After that one, she didn’t get the option again so maybe some time has to go by.  Wilson was pretty busy garding most of the day and went back to visit the Sylvan Glade.  It looks as though the plants there don’t grow unless you’re present.  So I might have to plan on spending a day there fishing and let them become harvestable.  Let’s see what Sunday brings.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 03:31:01 AM »
WEEK 2

Sunday starts out with Wilson having to repair a broken bathroom sink so Aileen is having to do most of the watering and weeding.  Roxann practices her violin.  By the way, I learned that Auto Lights isn’t on by default.  I thought maybe we didn’t have it and then clicked on a light and turned it on.  Now lights are going on an off appropriately.  Today was pretty productive and fun!  After morning chores, the family went to the big park in town.  Roxann had a great time on the pirate ship meeting new kids, upping her social skill and her motor skill.  Aileen met a couple nice ladies and fed a few people in the park with some excellent burgers.  Wilson checked out the collectibles and definitely wants to come back to harvest soon (plants weren’t quite ready yet).  All in all, it was a great day and Roxann got 6 of her 10 make believe stories told.

Monday and the day starts like most others with people doing their chores.  However, I did manage to fix something that was a problem.  My plant boxes were sitting on normal ground.  But sometimes when they watered, it would leave a puddle.  The problem was the puddles weren’t going away so after a few day, and more puddles, my gardening sims were getting uncomfortable from the ‘filth’.  You can’t mop up puddles on normal ground.  So I placed masonry floor tiles until the whole affected area.  Now my sims could mop up the puddles and the problem emotions went away.  Now that they’re higher in the gardening skill, they don’t seem to be leaving as many water puddles around.  Roxann’s grade jumped up to a B!  Yey!  She now has a new set of tasks which is to do extra credit three times.  You get that option if you have an A or B score and it’s available on homework after you’ve completed it first normally.  Mom was able to help with homework on both the homework and the extra credit.  Roxann also has to raise 4 skills to level 4 which shouldn’t be too bad since that last task had her raise 2 skills to level 4.  I had a rash of breaking plumbing so I replaced a couple and then had Wilson upgrade them with Sturdy Faucets.  So I’m hoping we’ll see less breakage.

Tuesday was another good day.  No breakage on any plumbing today.  Wilson leveled up gardening so he can now fertilize.  This took a while as you do one as a time (meaning having to click on each one rather than a fertilize all - unless I’m missing something).  So he still hasn’t gotten his day at Sylvan Glade.  And they finally got their first bills today.  He paid using his phone while sitting on the toilet.  Gotta love multitasking. :D  I bought a chess table and had Roxann and Wilson play together.  Their relationship isn’t nearly as high as with Aileen so I thought this would be good for them.  Roxann only has 2 more make believe stories to tell.  I’m currently growing 2 to 4 plants of each one that I have.  I think this is too much.  I might reduce it to one per type.  I haven’t noticed muscles on Aileen too bad from gardening but she doesn’t do nearly as much as Wilson.  Wilson is ripped.  I think they’re going to need to adjust it in a future patch.

Wednesday, after reducing the size of my garden, I sent Wilson off to spend the day at the Sylvan Glade.  After a whole day fishing, still nothing ready to harvest.  I’ll try again.  While I was there, I clicked on Aileen’s little button and chose to have her tend the garden.  Imagine my shock when Wilson came home and all the plants in the planters that were on the floor tiles were gone!  Before I totally panicked, I checked the family inventory.  Sure enough, all the missing plants were there.  Apparently, you’re not supposed to put the planters on floor tiles.  Lesson learned.  Roxann satisfied phase 2 of her 3 phase aspiration.  The last step is to Play Instrument for 10 Total Hours (which almost immediately completed as I’d been working on her violin a fair amount), Draw All 5 Types of Drawings on the Activity Table, and finally, Reach Level 10 in Creativity.  She’s 6/10 Creativity already so I think this is doable before she ages up in 7 days.  She needs to get her Mental skill up one more point for school performance.  All doable.  This has been an awesome challenge.

Thursday was a good day, overall.  Wilson went back to the Sylvan Glade for more fishing and to check on the plants.  They don’t seem to be changing at all.  Tomorrow, I’m going to use interactions with the tree besides just going to the Sylvan Glade and see if that’s what makes it work.  Roxann got her Mental skill to 4 so Friday should see her coming home with an A!  Now to just work on those drawings over the weekend and maxing Creativity.

Friday again.  How time flies!  I had Wilson water the special tree and do the Talk about Nature and something about it’s roots before going to the Glade.  While I was there, the Basil plants matured to harvestable.  So I’ll do the same tomorrow and see what happens.  Roxann came home with an A! :)  And now she doesn’t have any more special tasks to do for performance.  Not to complete her Aspiration over the weekend, hopefully.

Saturday!  First, I was shocked.  My house has a single width staircase going upstairs.  It happened that Aileen was heading down and Roxann was heading up.  As Aileen was already on her way down, I thought Roxann would be waiting.  Nope, she started up the stairs and I watched wide eyed as they slowed slightly and there was some clipping, but they just passed each other on that single width stairs!!!  Wow, that’s a big one for pathing.  Ok, onto the day.  My intention was to have Roxann skilling all day but that didn’t pan out.  She was working on the drawings on the activity table when Alexander Goth (isn’t he just too cute?!) came over for a visit. 

Roxann has run into him at the park before and they’d become friends.  So I had them spend the day together.  Meanwhile, Aileen’s friend, Deja, came over to visit and the two women were soon seated at the dining room table having a good gab.  Now, I happened to spot Bella Goth, Alexander’s mom, jogging by the house.  I thought, “Hmmm, maybe a good idea for the two moms to meet.”  So I clicked on her and picked Friendly Introduction.  Bella stopped jogging and just strolled in the house, plopped down in a chair and joined the gab session.  This game is awesome!  I had Wilson mainly working on watering and chatting with the special tree and I’ll travel to the Sylvan Glade tomorrow and see if it helped.  This turned out to be a really fun day.  Roxann did manage to get the 5 drawings completed for her aspiration so now just two more Creativity levels and she’s done.  Lots of violin playing tomorrow.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 02:47:54 AM »
WEEK 3

Sunday and I finally completed Roxann’s aspiration.  Yey!  Got it done just before bedtime and she has 3 days until her birthday.  I’ll use those three days to work on her violin skill.  She still can’t use the Violin skill book so I’m assuming that’s a Teen/Adult thing only.  Aileen and Wilson had a typical day but ended the evening with dancing, professing undying love and spectacular woohoo. ;)  One other thing I noticed.  The sims get up immediately if you tell them to do something.  No more hanging out struggling to get out of bed.

Monday is another school day but now that she has an A, Roxann only has to keep up with her homework to maintain it.  Aileen and Wilson got the gardening done and then headed off to the park.  Aileen set about making friends (have I said how much I love social interactions now?).  Wilson went off to do some fishing and then it hit me that I could rummage the garbage cans in the park for more upgrade parts.  I found quite a few.  When I got the notification that Roxann was home from school, I clicked on the little arrow looking icon on her portrait and chose to bring her to us.  She appeared immediately.  I had her do her homework, which she did sitting at one of the benches.  Then she had a blast playing on the pirate ship.  Aileen met Emily Hutton who frustrated her so much in conversations that she gained the Angry emotion.  The funnies thing was when she got home and needed the toilet, the interation was something about taking an angry poop. LOL

It’s Tuesday and tomorrow is Roxann’s birthday.  I think I’ll try my hand at a birthday party but not go for any medals yet since it will be my first.  Roxann is busy working on her violin skill and so far is up to level 3.  Wilson went to the Sylvan Glade and did more fishing.  Watering and talking to the special tree before entering seems to have had no effect on the spawned plants inside.  I still can’t harvest them.  But I did manage to fish up a pomegranate so it wasn’t a total loss.

Wednesday is birthday party day.  I was able to earn a silver badge.  First off, for parties, have everything set up ahead of time.  I had the cake baked and waiting in the fridge and I had a large group serving of a meal as well.  I kept the party small, but I could see having more people would be good.  So Aileen set up the party.  However, I think it would be best for the birthday person to set up the party so they invite all their own friends.  But I did invite Alexander Goth so he was there.  Here’s the cool thing about birthday cakes, you click on it to place the candles and then have the sim you’re aging up blow out the candles.  This will age them up and the tool tip says that.  The cool part - you could put candles on again and choose to age up another sim who’s present.  So I aged up Alexander so they’d both be teens.  I could see this being super handy for kids and teens to keep friends in the same age group.  If you can, have them hold off on eating the cake.  The first criteria was blowing out the candles, having all guests in a playful mood (easy with the Pets Plumbob light) and having at least 4 sims eat.  Maybe have them eat first before doing the cake.  So after those were done I had to have 4 sims eat cake, and a certain number of sims playing games at the same time (there’s an activity table that will work - offers card games).  The thing I couldn’t get done was have 4 people compliment the birthday person.  From what I can tell, that interaction requires people to be in the Happy emotional state.  Then you see the Heartfelt Compliment interaction and that worked but I didn’t get enough of them before time ran out.  So tomorrow is the first day of high school.

Thursday and the first day of school went fine.  She starts high school with a B grade and only need to do 3 extra credits.  This is a breeze compared to what she had to do as a child.  Mom and dad did their normal thing but I’ve had mom join the culinary career, we’ll see how far that goes.  I’m going to have Wilson age up on the weekend to elder.  Alexander came over to visit in the evening as well.  I want to get their friend a bit higher yet and then maybe trying some romance.

Friday was her second day of high school and she came home with the Bored emotion.  Took a while to get her out of it but I still managed to get her homework and her extra credit done.  Aileen started her first day at work which went well.  Wilson has start working on grafting on his plants as part of his aspiration.  After that, he did some building at the woodworking table.  Tomorrow is Saturday and Roxann’s school work is all done so time for fun!  Alexander has been very attentive.  I might introduce some romance interactions and see how that goes.

Saturday was a huge success.  Roxann woke up fairly hungry but luckily there were leftover pancakes.  After breakfast, she practiced her violin for a bit.  Alexander showed up pretty early so I set my plan in motion.  After several friendly interactions, I attempted a flirt which was accepted.  After another romantic interaction their romance bar appeared.  A little more and I decided a date was in order so I sent them off to the park which they spent many happy hours there as children.  Long story short, they had a Gold Medal date, are boyfriend/girlfriend and have exchanged promise rings.

After the date, she went home and fixed a salad (her first cooking attempt and I think she may have chopped off some fingers. LOL  Alexander came over again and they hung out for a bit then she went to bed.  That left it to Wilson to tell Alexander it was time to go.  Aileen had her second day and work and earned her first promotion.  Overall, a very good day.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 03:42:06 AM »
Wow I loved reading about how you got through each day and what each of your sims did. I especially appreciated the tip about the birthday cake! That will come in handy should we get a baby boomer challenge for sims 4 :D

I can just imagine Wilson telling Alexander 'It's time for you to leave, now, young man', in a stern 'get-out-of-my-house-before-I-get-my-shotgun' type of voice.

It was quite a lot of text to read all in one go, so I hope you will be putting in some pictures soon.

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 05:14:11 AM »
Pictures added. :)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 05:48:35 AM »
Oh wow, she's such a sweetie, and grows up very beautiful. No wonder dad is kicking guys out the door ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 06:06:19 AM »
Alexander is growing on him. :)  Plus Wilson has met Mortimer on the street once when Alexander was a child and I think he would know that the Goth family is fairly well off in Willow Creek.  So Roxann could definitely do worse in town than one of the Goth heirs. :)

Dellena

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 12:38:51 PM »
WEEK 4

Sunday was productive.  Roxann spent a fair amount of the day practicing her Violin.  She can Bow to Inspire with her violin.  What this does is after she’s finished, she gets a powerful inspired moodlet.  So very worth doing (once it unlocks) before embarking on a practice session.  Alexander came by a couple times (the boy is nuts about Roxann lol).  The second time he came by was in the evening and I had Roxann, Wilson and Alexander playing cards at the card table which allowed a lot of socialization.  However, Roxann and Alexander kept using romance interactions and Wilson got bored with their conversation.  Nice touch, EA. :)  Aileen has started working on her mixology as she needs to reach level 2 for a performance boost in her career.  Tomorrow, it’s back to school for Roxann and she should complete her third Extra Credit needed for her school performance.  Once she has a solid A, I’ll have her start the babysitting job.

Monday was a very typical day of school, homework, gardening, working on tasks, etc.  Wilson will age up tomorrow, though, so another birthday party!  By the way, to fit my personal storyline, the mom should be an adult for a while yet (making them a couple with a large age difference).  So to accomplish this, I had Aileen purchase a Potion of Youth.  Roxann should have her A grade tomorrow now that all the Extra Credit is done.  That will also complete phase 3 of Aileen’s Successful Lineage aspiration.  Then I”ll see what phase 4 (final phase) entails.

Tuesday and I SO close to a gold medal birthday party.  Let me see if I remember everything I had to do.  There was socialize with the sim for at least 3 hours (0/3), Sims dance at the same time (/03), Made drinks (/03), Blow out candles (obviously), Eat cake (0/4) and the one that hung me up was to have an adult give a toast.  I finally sorted it out RIGHT before the timer ran out.  You need to have a drink in your hand and I think standing, not sitting.  My sim was in a happy emotion and got the interaction to Make Toast when I clicked on Wilson.  But I was a tad too late.  Oh well, maybe next time. :)  Roxann just managed to finish her homework before heading to bed and she indeed is now an A student.  This shot was taken just after the party finished.

Wednesday was a day of reading for Wilson and Aileen, gardening and cooking respectively.  Roxann had a good day at school and came home to do a bit of violin practice before Alexander came over.  She chatted with him on the sidewalk before sending him home since it was a school night and she had homework to do.  Later, they all sat around the table either reading or doing homework.  Nice family time.

Thursday was a very typical day so not a lot to write about.  The biggest news of the day was Aileen’s promotion from dishwasher to Caterer.  One of her performance tasks is to Cook an Excellent Grilled Cheese.

Friday was an interesting day at school for Roxann.  She picked the wrong thing to do when given a choice on an opportunity and ended up Embarrassed.  Luckily, just as she got home, here came Alexander.  I had him offer reassurance and it snapped her right out of the embarrassment.  What a guy!  Aileen maxed out her cooking skill so I’m hoping she can now mentor Roxann in cooking (for the aspiration achievement).  Wilson had to fix the fridge and then reinforced the door.  Roxann signed up for babysitting which is Saturday and Sunday nights.  So I chose for tonight to be her date night with Alexander.  Once again, a gold medal date.  I had her come home at about the same time that

Saturday was quite fortuitous.  I’d been thinking that the Rodgers family really needed to get to know more of the Goth family as it’s looking like there’ll be a marriage down the road.  So Alexander, per usual, had come over to visit.  While he and Roxann were speaking, I saw Mortimer walking along the sidewalk.  Quickly, I had Roxann use Friendly Introduction on him and he stopped and came inside.  After just a few minutes, I spotted Bella jogging past!  Again, I got her to come inside.  So I got everyone, Wilson and Aileen included, sitting around the dining room table chatting.  I made sure to use Friendly Introduction between everyone who hadn’t met yet.  Then I just directed the conversation a few times.  They had a fabulous getting the know you gathering.  They headed home when it was time for Aileen to head to work but I can see a party in the future with just the Goths.  Roxann had her first babysitting gig as well and while both ladies were gone for the evening, Wilson headed to the Oasis Springs bar since he was in a Confident mood.  Everyone was home between 11 p.m. and 12 p.m.  It’s been a good week.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 03:01:12 AM »
I'm moving this to the new Miscellaneous Stories board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2014, 05:23:11 AM »
Dellena, Great story! I was particularly interested in what you had to say about birthday parties -- I did not know you could put candles on the cake again. That's good news for twins and triplets. And I couldn't figure out how to get someone to make a toast; I'll have to try that the next time.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2014, 07:07:16 AM »
Loving your story, Dellena! Roxann is very pretty and I can't wait to see what her babies with Alexander look like :)

Just thought I would mention that unless a social action has a specific mood associated with it, it will always be available. And if an emotional action isn't available in the first radial menu when you click on another Sim, just go down into the menus until you find it. It will be there.

The first radial menu of social actions is random, I believe, based in your Sims emotional state but all of the emotional action associated with that emotion are available as long as you are in that emotion if it makes sense. I noticed that you said you were waiting for some actions to show up and you could have just clicked down a few menus to find them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dellena

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 09:53:08 AM »
I did look though all of the Friendly menus for a Compliment action that would work and didn't find one unless the sim was in the Happy emotion and hadn't used Heartfelt Compliment on the target sim recently.  I tried Congratulate as well but it didn't count.  Now, for more story!

WEEK 5

Another Sunday.  Roxann spent most of the day practicing her violin and is now level 8 in the skill.  Alexander came over but Wilson headed him off before he knocked and started a long conversation with him, sharing tips about repairs.  In the end, Alexander went home without seeing Roxann but Wilson knows him a bit better now.  Aileen did a fair amount of cooking (I’m making lots of different single portions for the daily task) and watched the cooking channel before heading to work along with Roxann who went off to babysit.  Wilson had a quiet evening with his woodworking table.

Monday and Roxann is back to school.  Her birthday is tomorrow and luckily, Aileen has that day off.  Speaking of Aileen, she was promoted to Line Chef which I think she’ll like as the hours are much better than as a Mixologist.  She was really tired after a shift.  Wilson is still puttering in his garden and doing more and more with his woodworking.  Aileen has to Mentor her child 10 times for her Achievement.  I’ve purchased the Mentoring reward but I’m not yet seeing the interaction.

Tuesday and Roxann becomes a young adult today.  She went off to school and had a great day.  Aileen baked her a cake and decorated the house for the birthday party.  I was able to invite Bella and Alexander to the birthday party where I aged up Roxann and Alexander.  I’m still having difficulty with the Compliment the Birthday Sim 0/4.  The one giving the compliment definitely has to be in the Happy emotion to get the Heartfelt Compliment interaction.  The Compliment Outfit interaction didn’t work.  I personally think this should be changed to Congratulate the Birthday Sim as that interaction doesn’t require a particular emotion.  I’ll tweet that to a SimGuru.

Wednesday and today is moving out day for Roxann.  This was more fiddly than I thought it would be.  You have to go into Manage Worlds, then click on the household, then on the … button and then the arrows button.  I first had to move Roxann into her own household.  Then I could click on her household and move her into a house and then play that house.  Nothing in the household inventory came with her, just what was in her personal inventory.  Once I got her settled, I added Alexander to the household so they’re living together now.  They ended their first night together under the sheets with little hearts floating overhead. :)  Oh, I nearly forgot to mention that I moved the household to Oasis Springs to get a better feel for that world.

It’s Thurday and Alexander has joined the Tech Guru career and heads off to work after putting in  some serious video gaming time.  Roxann has to work on learning the guitar for her new entertainment job.  Both Wilson and Mortimer came over after Alexander got off work so he invited them both in.  They’re both elders so they seemed to have a good conversation with each other.  Once Roxann came home, Alexander let them know it was definitely time to head home since it was just after 11 p.m. already.  Roxann and Alexander had some quality couple time then before going to sleep.

Friday is here and Alexander is off to work, hoping for a promotion today.  Roxann is to work on writing a song.  Now I ran into a glitch with this that I had to look on the net for a possible solution.  Songs apparently take ages to write.  Like at least more than you could do in a day and still work.  So Roxann had 8 hours before work when she started and hadn’t finished when it was time to go to work.  However, the Write Song action wouldn’t cancel and she was now late for work.  To stop her, I had to use the Practice interation on another instrument.  Luckily, she already had both a violin and a guitar and she was writing the song on her violin.  She finally stopped and I now have a piece of sheet music that has the interaction Resume A Folksy Tune which is what she was working on.  I’ll have to see tomorrow if she can finish it before work again.  Alexander came home from work with his promotion to Quality Assurance.  Once Roxann was home, they celebrated.

Saturday was spent programming for most of the day for Alexander.  Roxann still hasn’t finished that first song but she did earn a promotion to Opening Act which is great is it gives both of them Sunday off!  Could be a momentous day.  We shall see. :)

Dellena

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 01:18:50 PM »
WEEK 6

Hold onto your hats, this one gets bumpy.  Sunday and Alexander surprises Roxann with a proposal after breakfast.  I decided to have them marry that day.  And what a day it turned out to be.  Oh...my...gosh.  This post will only be about Sunday.  I’ll finish week 6 in the next post.

So, first, I made sure they were both pretty much maxed out on all needs and then had them both travel to the Magnolia Blossom Park.  It’s just so beautiful!  You can go into build mode on any lot and at least for the community lots, everything is free.  So after they got to the park, I set about doing a major overhaul to add a wedding pavilion near the bathroom pavilion.  I made sure there was a wall stereo for music, a bar, a small enclosed kitchen, the wedding arch, seating and a table specifically for the wedding cake.  I then had Roxann use the kitchen to bake a cake.  I will say, though, that the caterer I hired also baked a white cake which we could have also used.  Although hers was Good and mine was Excellent.  A couple days ago, I had already set up secondary formal outfits for them for the wedding.

Now I had Alexander plan the event.  Mortimer has died so it was just Bella and Cassandra from the Goth’s.  I think Aileen was at work so I couldn’t invite her (pity, especially after what happens later).  I finished off the invites with Wilson and several friends of Alexander.  I hired a mixologist and a caterer.

Roxann and Alexander both did a swap into a formal outfit that could work for a wedding but it wasn’t what I had set up, so I immediately had them Change Outfit and everything was fine then.  People started showing up with the caterer being one of the first and she got busy cooking.  Once it looked like just about everyone was there, I had Alexander click on the arch and choose to get married to Roxann.  That kicked off the ceremony and everyone came and sat down to watch.  It looked to me as though they were just doing a lot of romantic interactions with each other but after a minute or so, I got the notification they were married and caught the exchange of ring and the kiss in screenshots.

I then had Alexander add the cake topper to the cake and then Cut First Slice.  He then took a slice to Roxann and they shared the first bites, each with their own fork.

So the wedding is going great, I’ve just finished the last task for a gold medal wedding when I hear some ominous music.  And then the unbelievable happens.  Wilson falls over dead at his daughter's wedding.  Can you believe it?!  Talk about timing.  Grim shows up and does his dirty deed leaving the urn behind.  I had Roxann mourn for Wilson before releasing his spirit.

Alexander gave her a tender hug and they ended the wedding early.  The rewards for the gold medal wedding were a knife block, tea maker, microwave, pedestal with flowers and a table centerpiece.  What a traumatic day!

Dellena

Re: The Rodgers and Goth Family
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 03:00:16 AM »
By the way, I uploaded to the gallery the wedding venue I created for Magnolia Blossom Park. 

You can search the following:

Wedding Venue Magnolia (regular search box)
#dellena
#carlsguide

I moved one chess table, removed one outdoor lamp and used terrain paint to bring the brick walk to the venue.  I think I also had to move two of the large trees closer to the edge of the lot.  I made it to match the bathroom pavilion.

Edit: Nearly forgot!  I removed the pond as well.