Author Topic: Bug with Culinary Career?  (Read 9082 times)

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
Bug with Culinary Career?
« on: September 05, 2014, 06:00:11 PM »
Hi,
I've completed a full week in this career and I'm still stuck on L1 (Assistant Dishwasher). I am unable to get a promotion. I completed the dishwashing requirement on the first day and got a tick. But I have not been able to get a tick on the performance of the Daily Task which is to "prepare food". You need to cook 4 meals to achieve this requirement which I've done 4 times now but cannot get it ticked off. Am I missing something?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Bug with Culinary Career?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »
I got promoted in one day, maybe your game is bug?  The daily task of prepare food will just say (completed) instead of a tick.  The tick is for the performance bar, which has to be from going to work.  If your performance bar is not full, you won't get promoted, no matter if all the other requirements are completed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 07:07:06 PM »
Thanks Nutella. Yep, it says "complete" but then reverts back to "not started" after I come back from work. My arrow is right at the end of the performance bar in the dark green section, too.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 07:12:22 PM »
Yes the daily task reset after every workday.  The arrow at the end of the performance bar in the dark green section sounds right, you should get promoted, so you have a bug game.  Try starting a new game with a new sim and see if you can get past level 1 culinary?

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 08:30:09 PM »
You don't always get promoted even if you complete the daily task, fulfill your other tasks and have performance bar in the green. I would give it a couple more days. I think I spent a good deal of time as an Assistant Dishwasher too. Have you sent your Sim to work in an Inspired mood? That counts just as much as the other two things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline kmoore61

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 01:21:55 AM »
My sim just FINALLY got promoted to head dishwasher.  He'd been at it for at least a week, cooking every day at home and washing dishes, etc.  It does seem quite slow!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 12:43:55 PM »
Are you changing the tone to "Work Hard"?.  I have a sim in the culinary career, and she got the first few promotions in one day - I had her Very Inspired with the daily task and the level tasks completed.  As soon as she left for work, I changed her to Work Hard.  After the first few promotions,  it's been taking longer.  Also, I had her husband on another lot and got busy with him and forgot to change the tone to Work Hard a couple of times - she made very little progress on those days, even though she went to work Very Inspired.  Now she's at level 6 and went to work Inspired 2 days, I changed the tone to Work Hard shortly after she left, daily and level tasks were completed, and it still took 3 days to get the promotion.

So I think Work Normal makes progress, but slowly; Work Hard makes faster progress, but may not be enough to get a promotion in one day.  I think everything else lowers performance.  And maybe overall promotions are just harder to get than in TS3.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 10:59:53 PM »
Thanks guys, I did finally get promoted too. Thank goodness its not a bug  :D

Offline neropp

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »
I'm having issues getting a raise as well.....I had the create meal or whatever is "completed" went to work, still no raise even though the bar was up as well....ugggghhhh

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 12:26:26 PM »
I have a couple Sims in the culinary career and thought it was pretty easy to get promoted. You really need to focus on the mixology skill. Try to up it as much as you can, cause that seems to be the key to getting promoted in that specific career.

You can either purchase a bar to up it, or purchase a mixology book from a computer or bookshelf.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 02:04:48 PM »
Mine has breezed through his career with ease.  No problems whatsoever but there is one looming.  He is supposed to earn money at events but he never does or goes to events so how can he earn money doing something he can't do?  As for the rest of it, a thoughful shower just before they go off to work makes them "inspired" and that seems to rush them through promotions quickly.  Also can put objects that give off that aura where your Sim is. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery