Author Topic: How to eat harvested produce?  (Read 10986 times)

Offline atrainor

• Nooboo
How to eat harvested produce?
« on: September 05, 2014, 10:16:28 AM »
I am wondering if anyone has figured out how to eat the harvested produce. I've grown apples and strawberries, but can't seem to get my Sim to eat them. She can carry them in her inventory, put them on the ground and replant them, and put them in the refrigerator, but so far I can't seem to get her to eat them. Anyone had luck with this?

Thanks!

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
Re: How to eat harvested produce?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 10:18:28 AM »
No, I'm just another one who's had the same difficulty.  So much for my plan to keep my legacy founder fed. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Naria

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 10:19:44 AM »
I believe you can only sell it or plant it. It was not intended in the game to be edible, from what I've heard.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 10:48:45 AM »
Only way I've seen to eat them is keep them in the fridge and use them to cook with. No more eating produce from you inventory.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline atrainor

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 11:36:57 AM »
Oh well, that is disappointing.

Thanks to all of you for responding, though.

Offline sosobaggins

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 12:10:04 PM »
Only way I've seen to eat them is keep them in the fridge and use them to cook with. No more eating produce from you inventory.

But isn't it weird that you still have to pay  for meals although you have the ingredients?

Offline Sannara

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 12:37:14 PM »
But isn't it weird that you still have to pay  for meals although you have the ingredients?

There is a discount, for what it's worth. The amount of discount doesn't quite seem even, and I haven't figured out the pattern. However it seems like it might possibly to connected to number of ingredients (if you need 2 and you only have 1, you don't get the full discount), and perhaps quality of the ingredients as well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Simsperience

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 01:09:23 PM »
My gardener sim has a cook sim for a husband.  I give him all of her produce and he can use it to cook meals with!  It usually gives a variation on the meal, like apple pancakes instead of regular, etc.  Otherwise I haven't seen a way to eat the produce raw.

Offline MinGraphics

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 05:58:22 PM »
I have to say this is really dumb,  another thing left out of the game to make us crazy.   Gone are the days when you could put an apple or something in your Sims pocket and go fishing for the day!!    I also have a plant that grew from garbage my Sim dropped on the back patio and now stinks up the whole yard,  I can't find a way to get rid of it.  I built a fence around it so they couldn't  tend it and it still won't die!

Offline khynnea

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 07:14:48 PM »
The trade off seems to be bbq's everywhere. What I've been doing is just going to the nearby bbq's and cooking a meal and eating and then going back to what I was doing. It's certainly not as convenient as eating an apple. Who would have thought you couldn't eat an apple!

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 07:19:04 PM »
Ah well, I suspect that fishing for the whole day might not be the way to go anyway - fish go foul very quickly, so finishing up when your sim gets hungry and going and putting away the fish might not be a bad thing.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 07:53:24 PM »
Put the produce in the frig, (and the fish).  Once your cook gets to be able to cook gourmet meals he/she will need those items.  Keep only the highest quality because it does affect the meal quality.  Not sure if it affects the cost, I didn't pay attention to that.

The barbecue idea is a great one but not every fishing spot has the facilities and as far as I know you can't "edit town" and place a potty or grill on community lots or fishing holes.  In general I'm not that pleased/happy with 4.  Especially since my game keeps crashing which it does not do in 3.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 06:13:51 AM »
The barbecue idea is a great one but not every fishing spot has the facilities and as far as I know you can't "edit town" and place a potty or grill on community lots or fishing holes.

You can edit community lots. I added a shower and a bed to the library so I could spend longer there without going through loading screens all the time, just using the same build/buy mode edit at the top of the screen as I used at their home.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline IgnorantBliss

• Llama Wrangler
  • Part-time Hermit
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 06:52:31 AM »
The produce doesn't have to be in the fridge to be used for cooking. The sim who cooks can also use produce in their personal inventory. Harvested produce doesn't spoil, as opposed to fish.

Offline Sannara

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2014, 09:09:54 AM »
Ah well, I suspect that fishing for the whole day might not be the way to go anyway - fish go foul very quickly, so finishing up when your sim gets hungry and going and putting away the fish might not be a bad thing.

Fish go bad in the fridge too. Not as quickly as in your inventory, but still within a couple days. So if you have a stockpile of fish, either sell them or use them for fertilizer. The only good thing about this is that you can sell a foul quality fish for the same price as a great quality fish.

anything