Author Topic: How to paint the exterior wall, paths, and more  (Read 65154 times)

Tyw7

How to paint the exterior wall, paths, and more
« on: September 05, 2014, 09:06:52 AM »
I can't find an option to paint the exterior walls. Also where's the "smart path" that the Sims dev talk about in the demo.  The one which the Sims would follow?

Also, how to do "smart window placement"?   I can't find a way to place the walls.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
Re: How to paint the exterior wall, paths, and more
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 09:23:11 AM »
To paint exterior walls, make sure your view has the walls up then in build mode, hover over the icon of the house on the lower left of the screen and choose the sqare thingy to the left of the door, that is the paint/wallpaper section.  In there are options for paint, stone, wallpaper, siding, etc. 

Edited: heres a photo of build mode.  The wall covering section is right between the doors and premade rooms.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Tyw7

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 09:24:22 AM »
And the intelligent window placement?

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 09:29:57 AM »
I haven't tried the windows auto place yet, but I think when you open the windows section of build mode, there is an option to the left of where you choose the actual window to place "By Window" or "By Room.". I believe the By Room option is the smart placement you're referring to.

Tyw7

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 09:31:24 AM »
Screenshot?  The navigation is quite difficult and I find myself "searching" for the items.

And the path (not the spray on one).

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 09:36:08 AM »
I'll try to find a screenshot.  I'm at work so posting all of this from my phone.  It is difficult to navigate build mode at first, for sure.

Edit:  I can't find a screenshot of the window selector.  Maybe someone here can be kind enough to post one.  I don't want you to have to wait six hours until I get home!  In the meantime, look at the screenshot of build mode I posted above.  See the three little boxes that are located between the house icon (where you choose window, door, roof, etc) and the actual object selection (in this case, the different premade rooms)?  That is where your option to place windows By Room most likely is.  There will be a selector for window height in that same area as well.  At least that is my best guess without having the actual game in front of me.

I don't know about the paths, sorry.

Dellena

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 10:24:22 AM »
For the window placement, when you have the window catalogue open, just to the left you'll see a panel whil shows a small window with an arrow under it.  That's to place individual windows.  The icon besdie it should a cut away room and that is the place windows by room option.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 10:33:29 AM »
Thank you Dellena!  It's so hard to explain when you don't have the game screen in front of you!

Offline lunchbox2042

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 01:47:10 PM »
Paths are under flooring options. There's a section titled outdoor tiles.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 06:25:50 PM »
Tyw7, you've probably already found it, but here is a screenshot showing where the button is for the intelligent window placement in a room (circled in red).

Offline Sannara

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 09:15:11 AM »
I've tried to autoplace windows, and I haven't been able to get it to work. Pressing the "by room" button just seems to sort the windows. What am I missing?

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 11:54:27 AM »
I've tried to autoplace windows, and I haven't been able to get it to work. Pressing the "by room" button just seems to sort the windows. What am I missing?
You still have to pick a window. Did you watch the livestreams? I think the very first one they showed it. you can find them on youtube.
- Jessica