Author Topic: Collections  (Read 32526 times)

Offline kriket86

• Nooboo
Re: Collections
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 09:27:12 PM »
FROGS
I did some breeding experiments with my collection. I know it randomly selects which frogs it creates, but here are some of my successes. 

striped dirt frog w/ surfer eggplant frog = dirt surfer frog

striped dirt frog w/ whirlyflower frog= dirt whirl frog

surfer leaf frog w/ spotted heart frog= spotted leaf frog

surfer leaf frog w/ whirly flower frog = sun surfer frog

sun surfer frog w/ striped dirt frog = tiger frog

sun surfer frog w/ spotted heart frog = leopard frog and heart surfer frog (also spotted heart w/ whirly flower frog)

spotted heart frog w/ dirt whirl frog = bullseye frog

whirly flower frog w/ eggplant frog = eggplant whirl frog

eggplant frog w/ striped heart frog = heart frog

dirt surfer frog w/ spotted leaf frog = spotted dirt frog

I also bred a leaf frog, but I can't remember what combination I did  :-\

ALIENS
1) Dead Space Porcupine
2) Live Space Squid
3) Dead Space Squid
4) Live Pink Whale
5) Dead Pink Whale
6) Live Red Coral
7) Dead Red Coral

I'm guessing but I think Live Space Porcupine is going to be one of the 3 I haven't collected yet.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 09:43:48 AM »
I completed space rocks on accident and wonder what happened to their imagination. I loved finding those huge ones that weighed tons. I didn't like keeping track of the names, but that list is just a little too sparse. The static values are, I suppose, the truly boring part.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DaMook

• Nooboo
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 08:00:32 PM »
Got the final 4 crystals for the list

Rare:
   Rainborz $25 +3 energizing decor
   Jet $50 +2 energizing decor

Uncommon:
   Diamond $25 +3 energizing decor
   Simanite $25 +3 energizing decor

EDIT: Just discovered that all microscope and space prints also have focusing decor, I do not know the exact amount because it's not in their descriptions but they do have the "Enable Emotional Aura" option.

Offline chellwatt98

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 08:48:44 PM »
CRYSTALS

Rare: Rainborz +3, Jet +2, Plumbite +2, Jonquilyst +3
Uncommon: Diamond +3, Simanite +3, Hematite +3, Amethyst +3, Shinolite +2, Fire Opal +2
Common: Orange Topaz +3, Alabaster +2, Sapphire +3, Peach +3, Quartz +2, Turquoise +2, Rose +2, Emerald +3, Ruby +2, Citrine +2

Believe it or not but Sapphire was the hardest to obtain. Anyone else having issues obtaining the common items? I found duplicates of the rare items and seemed like it took forever to obtain my last crystal.

Big Crystals are +2 Energizing Decor and sell for $50
Small Crystals are +3 Energizing Decor and sell for $25

Note: I like putting these in my workout room because you can get a longer/better workout from the additional moodlet options.

Vacation time spent wisely simming =)

Offline xxkodachrome

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2014, 09:51:24 PM »
I have been keeping the list updated with everyone's additions and have made a Google Doc.
If anybody is interested in using it here is the link
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HS41cSc5hErXRurdhHLDkEcAQVIi4oFSeY405Q_4kmM/pub

Offline DaMook

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 03:29:22 PM »
Not entirely sure this is the best place to post this, but considering this thread is about the different collections I figured I should mention it here. I made a house specifically to hold all of the collections.

Large garden in the backyard to grow as many plants as you want, element board next to the spaceship (not yet built), postcard bulletin next to the front door, and 6 rooms in the back, 1 for metals and crystals (smaller ones can be put on the bottom shelves of the tables), 1 for frogs, 1 for fossils and MySims trophies, 1 for fish, 1 for micrscope prints, and 1 for all 3 space collections (prints, rocks, and aliens)

Costs just under 300k (went a little crazy decorating) 1 bed 1 bath, can be found in my gallery under my Origin ID: LeGopher

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2014, 03:04:00 AM »
Here are a couple of pictures I have of the postcards.

From left to right and top to bottom we have;
Isla Paradiso, Dragon Valley, Barnacle Bay, Midnight Hollow,
Lunar Lakes, Champs Les Sims, Littlehaven, Bridgeport,
Riverview, Sunset Valley, Appaloosa Plains,
Moonlight Falls, Lucky Palms, Twinbrook
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline khynnea

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 02:08:03 PM »
Here is slightly more detailed information on how I got the various prints (microscope/telescope). Not sure if this is the only way to get them, it's also not complete as I didn't start recording details from the start.

Microscope Prints

1. Crystal Palace, Rare (Crystal/rare)
2. Leaf Meat, Rare (Fossil/rare), Focus +4
3. Trace Remains, Uncommon (Fossil)
4. Blemish Blossom, Uncommon (Plant), Focus +2
5. Cell Block, Uncommon (Use)
6. Falling, Uncommon (Use)
7. Hooplankton, Common (Use)
8. Rhapsody in Blue, Common (Plant), Focus +2
9. Party in Pink, Common (Use)
10. Psychedelic Rock, Common (Use)
11. Snow Fight, Common (Crystal), Focus +2      
12. The Drifter, Common (Use)

Space Prints

1. Battle Stars, Rare, search for the truth
2. Surfacing, Rare, search for the truth
3. T-Rex Nebula, Rare, Focus +4
4. Star Crossed Lovers, Uncommon
5. Cloudy Vision, Uncommon (search for truth), Focusing +2
6. Twinkle, Uncommon (stargaze)
7. I Dream of Pleiosaur, Uncommon (Observe)
8. Saturn Return, Uncommon (stargaze)
9. Standard Space
10. End of Time, Common (stargaze)
11. Animal's Planet, Common (observe sky)
12. Rosie the Riveting, Common, Focus +2
13. Seeing Red, Common (observe sky)
14. Out of This World Style, Common (observe sky)
15. Big Star, Common

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2014, 01:39:03 PM »
Thanks for the lists. Now that my computer refuses to allow me to update Sims 3 after I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it, I can't play Sims 3 on my computer anymore  :'(, so I am going to try to purchase the Sims 4 when I get my paychecks and do a Legacy. My Legacy Founder was created in the Sims 4 CAS Demo and is a Nature Aspiration with the goal to be a Collector and get everything, so these lists are awesome!  ;D
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2014, 11:45:25 PM »
Thank you for the list - this is the most helpful list I have seen so far.

@mods - has the forum changed the policy on spoilers? I thought we didn't use spoilers here, but they are all over the place since the release of Sims 4.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2014, 12:17:54 PM »
@mods - has the forum changed the policy on spoilers? I thought we didn't use spoilers here, but they are all over the place since the release of Sims 4.

Took care of it.  I was just being lazy and did not do my job.  ;)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 06:21:30 PM »
Thanks Nutella :) For some reason (I think lack of sleep due to ill health) I was somewhat (unnecessarily)  irked by the spoilers. You guys do a great job around here, and I don't think you could have time to be lazy with all the new posts since Sims 4 came out! I myself have trouble keeping up with them all!!

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2014, 05:05:24 AM »
If this Pen Pal thing fills the social need, it sounds useful from a strategic perspective to do something that gets you collectibles. I haven't tried it yet but appreciate the info here.

I randomly got two of the postcards by rummaging in trashcans, and I have been *unsuccessfully* trying to find post cards in trash cans ever since. And I have rummaged through A LOT of trash cans...

But it is worth noting, for the record, that you have a small chance of finding postcards in trashcans.

Offline Ciosa

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 05:30:22 PM »
I made a quick reference sheet for all the collectibles.  If you're like me and you like to print them out so you can reference without alt-tabbing.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 06:20:22 PM »
I do that a LOT :) Last time I played the perfect challenge I had a printed list of meals, plants and fish. I've been referencing The SimsVIP site for all the elements, because it tells you which metals or gems they come from. That one, at least, is easier to use with the search function in the browser so I can check of specific elements - whether I sell them to the Smithsonian Simsonian or get them converted to elements.

anything