Author Topic: Sims 4 Building/Remodeling Thread  (Read 197048 times)

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Sims 4 Building/Remodeling Thread
« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2017, 12:17:13 PM »
Thanks!  I also found that I could right click on the image and pick Copy Image Address and that worked too.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2017, 12:21:43 PM »
At the mo, I can see little squares inn your post not bright lime green fun. :/
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #197 on: July 17, 2017, 12:27:36 PM »
Working on fixing it :(

Edit: Couldn't work it out just now so I created a folder on dropbox just for this remodel which people can open.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #198 on: July 23, 2017, 02:35:25 AM »
Ok, maybe this will work.

Let me know if you see the image and not just the little box.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #199 on: July 23, 2017, 03:28:44 AM »
Yup. Can see the picture. It's an amazing apartment. The colour balance, the way the space is divided up. It all works.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2017, 03:46:28 AM »
Good!  So here's the workaround I found for Dropbox.

https://cantonbecker.com/etcetera/2014/how-to-directly-link-or-embed-dropbox-images/

Worked like a charm and was easier than trying to find that long link. :D  I just replaced the ?dl=0 with ?raw=1 at the end of the link provided by Dropbox and used the IMG tags.  I'll edit the original post with the proper images now.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #201 on: July 23, 2017, 04:03:40 AM »
When I was remodeling the 888 Spire Apartment, I ran into the issue of trying to put bathrooms in when most of the walls are covered in floor to ceiling windows.  I wanted to offer my sims some privacy from possible binocular peeping toms. :D  I made a bit of a happy discovery.

The Slat Wall Room Divider in the decor/misc category fit very neatly inside the window if you use the MOO cheat to place it.  Here's a couple examples:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline deenahax

• Llama Wrangler
    • Deena_Hax YouTube Channel
« Reply #202 on: October 07, 2017, 06:45:09 PM »
@Ninane that is a brilliant idea! I've had the same struggle.

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2017, 02:50:12 AM »
Long time sims 3 builder here, figured it was about time I started a large sims 4 build endeavour. Here's the start of it, I am modelling it after the Drachenburg Castle (Harry Potter yay haha). Of course I realised after I already built most of the structure that for whatever dumb reason the sims 4 doesn't have conical or dome roofs, so I had to improvise. Not sure how the replacement cone roofs look, I just enlarged the best conical thing I could locate. Any suggestions would be appreciated :) As you can see I only build the base mostly, still a lot of work to do haha.

Offline norenegonc

• Occult
« Reply #204 on: October 28, 2017, 07:34:10 PM »
Been working on this house quite a bit, feel like the exterior is almost done. Can't decide though on which side should be the entrance, both the front and back look entrance worthy haha. Also can't seem to decide on which conical/tower roof to go with, created 3 different patterns/styles. Any advice is appreciated :)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #205 on: January 31, 2018, 02:53:50 PM »
@norenegonc How's this house going? :) Did you complete it?

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2018, 10:09:10 AM »
Like many others, I went to Vacuous Green. It's 40x50, which is just as big as two of the lots in The Pinnacles.

The breakfast room by moonlight. That's my first baby born in not-Hollywood:

Front:

Rear:

It's obviously going to change because all houses do. And my sims don't even have a carpets or a computer or even a bed. Well, they had a bed. A crummy comfort 4 one which was sold. I went into build / buy mode with the best intentions of buying a new bed, but somehow the simoleons went on trees and chimneys.

So we're pretending this is an old house and the neighborhood sprug up around it. 

EDIT:

Now in red brick, asymmetrical windows because the dining room really needed more light.

Ground floor detail:

The money trees grew, and so did the toddler. Until now, her toys and bed and potty and dollhouse were preventing us from having a dining room.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2019, 05:45:04 AM »
So this is a work in progress, but I thought I'd share.

The save is actually my first tentative legacy effort from 2014. That long ago. What's been nagging me for a while is a ghost. In the course of that save, an elder sim, Gemma Mott, waddled up to the house to visit, and promptly died of old age. I guess it's because Sims 3 was still fresh in my mind, but I kept Gemma's grave stone with the idea of one day going back to the save, resurrecting her with ambrosia, and making her young again - still not something in Sims 4. I've always wanted to give that collection of pixels the chance she never had. One of those graves is hers.

So this is that going back. To a very old save. I used cas.fulleditmode to make her young. But the house - this was built pre-pools - was a clumsy mess. Even trying to keep the shell of the old house, but planning the insides better (it was modeled on the layout of a Sims 3 dormitory), would have mean moving staircases, changing every room. And there were layout problems that couldn't be solved. So... new house.

One or two forum folk might recognize it as basically the Vlad's Nose house, with some cues taken from other houses. And that's exactly what it is. It's not very creative of me. But that still stands out as one of my favourite sim houses. For this lot, it has been flipped horizontally, so the entrance is more to the left to better match the road. I wanted a different wall texture, and once I liked the grey stone (that's from bowling! it's so useful!), and I sort of... went from there. I think I'll keep the flat roof.

Compared to the Vlad's Nose house, this is actually one tile bigger. I'm not sure the windows are coherent, and obviously a lot will change, but I thought I'd share. 

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2019, 04:07:44 PM »
Building and remodeling has continued.

The skylight is over the spa.

Of course there are some design choices I'm not really satisfied with, but it's further along than the previous post.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #209 on: March 01, 2019, 10:59:47 AM »
More building and remodeling.

In previous posts, you'll see some garden planters sitting haphazardly in free space, and that prompted me to lay out some beds, and then to move those beds and enclose them. And, because gardening has changed since late 2014 when this saved was resurrected from, I wanted bees for the plants, and for the bees I wanted flower arranging and crocus scented bouquets. That's where the octagonal gazebo thing from the Vlad's Nose house comes into play. It's for picturesque flower arranging.

Some of y'all might recognise the Vlad's Nose layout, but every time is different too. The dining room is really nice. With the Vlad's Nose version, there's a fireplace in the dining room where I've got those two big windows this time. However, this lot gets so much light pouring in from the back of the lot that I've made an effort to have big windows on that side. So the dining room is one tile longer, and the fireplace is where you see. My tip for any simmer wanting glorious houses is to figure out where the morning light comes from, and play to that.

The above interior shot is slightly older than other pictures here. You can see I since extended the muddy smudge of a path leading to the quaint stone-walled garden.     

Exit Bunthorne.

anything