Author Topic: Sims 4 Building/Remodeling Thread  (Read 183349 times)

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Sims 4 Building/Remodeling Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 11:25:36 AM »
It's going to expensive though, I'm up to 112,000 and it's no where near finished yet.

I know exactly how this feels. It's like everything is just so expensive! Too realistic. :D

I made one starter home and it looks a little drab without landscaping. I haven't uploaded this house yet. I rather feel like burying it in the garden. And I made another bridge over water again. I can't seem to get it out of my system yet.  ;D I'd be the happiest simmer if/when making rivers/ponds will be available in future expansions.

The venue I'm currently constructing is a Tea House (Lounge). The small building in the front will be the gate. Much like the gates you find in front of temples. I just thought it would be nice to use it for this to give the venue an oriental feeling. It's still under construction. Although the balcony made the venue somewhat modern with it's bar. I was hoping on making it more traditional.

This part is my favourite! It's the tea shop.

The inside of the Tea House contains the lounge area, private tea room, two bathrooms, and the main tea room. I still might rearrange the main room as it doesn't seem like a normal tea room to me.

No landscaping yet. And if possible, I'd like to include a wedding arch and a kitchen too. If there is enough space in the back, I just might. Otherwise, it will be water again. :D Depends on my mood. I'm working on it this weekend and hope to finish by Monday. And there will be a more detailed explanation about it when I post in the Swap section. I hope you like the overview. :) Suggestions are welcome.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 07:05:29 PM »
Here's some photos of a rough version of a new home I'm building.  I think I have the layout down, just have to get some furniture and landscaping in.  I think it will work for a starter home (by the way what is the general cost for a place to be considered a "starter home") for a small family.

Front view

Side/back view

Layout of first floor.  Kitchen/dining area on left.  Living room on right.  I think I can squeeze a small half bath in the area behind the stairs.

Layout of second floor.  Two bedrooms (each with a dormer) and a bathroom.

I'll place counters/furniture/landscaping and take more photos then upload sometime this weekend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 07:21:52 PM »
I think it will work for a starter home (by the way what is the general cost for a place to be considered a "starter home") for a small family.

A single sim starts out with 20,000 and for each additional sim this increases by 2,000 so a couple with 2 kids would start with 26,000.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 07:29:49 PM »
A single sim starts out with 20,000 and for each additional sim this increases by 2,000 so a couple with 2 kids would start with 26,000.

Thank you, dear Twinmum!  Perhaps this may be a more next-step-up home.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 10:06:53 PM »
Indira, I love your teahouse idea! I do especially like the verandah on it.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2014, 11:36:43 PM »
Love that house dnagirl, I'm a sucker for dormer windows!

Well my latest build is taking a bit longer than I thought it would, but I'm happy to just take the extra time with it. I messed around with a number of different roof ideas, but because of the shape, I think the only real option is the flat roof.

This is the front of it. I haven't even considered landscapong yet.

The back view so far..
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Justwright

• Townie
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 02:08:43 AM »
Love it, Twinmum!  I agree, the flat roof looks best on this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2014, 08:19:10 AM »
Wow, Twinmum I love all the glass in the back!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2014, 01:48:31 PM »
Twinmum it reminds me of the luxury houseboat you built with all the glass, piano, etc.  Looking really great.

So far all I've done is remodel two houses, and not much remodeling in them at all.  Mostly I was going for a really nice home for my Sims in the first one, and a really cheap, cheap, cheap, if somewhat drab, ugly and basic in the second.  The second one, and my own "starter" build is a little over $11 K so lots of cash left to landscape and decorate to your own taste, plus more room for things like a garden or landing pad for a rocket ship.  I hash tagged them to carlsguide and my name, Joria if you want to take a peek.  Really not terribly impressive, but as I said, really cheap.  Next shot is to do some actual building.  I do think it's easier in Sims3.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2014, 06:00:39 PM »
I have always loved decorating interiors but as for the houses themselves, mine have always been big boxes. I have started getting more creative in The Sims 4 though, building to me seems a bit easier than it was in TS3 so I've ventured out from boxes to more interesting structures. And seeing all these great pictures has inspired me! I'll post some screenshots if I manage to build anything decent.  :P

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2014, 09:39:02 PM »
I love all the things you guys do.  Remember to #carlsguide so we can find and download them.

Here's my rather puny effort at a cheap starter home. One bedroom, one bath.  House looks blue but it's really white.

It's a lovely little house Joria. To change the way the colour looks, have you tried playing with the light view in the top toolbar? When you are building, you can change it between morning, afternoon, evening and night. Depending on the position of the house in relation to the sun, the colour differences can be huge.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2014, 07:36:33 AM »
It's a lovely little house Joria. To change the way the colour looks, have you tried playing with the light view in the top toolbar? When you are building, you can change it between morning, afternoon, evening and night. Depending on the position of the house in relation to the sun, the colour differences can be huge.

Thanks, Twinmum.  No, I haven't tried that but I recently discovered if you click on one of those plumbob light things you can get if you have a lot of Sims3 stuff registered, you can change the color and intensity of all the lights you install.  It makes a huge difference to go from a yellowish hue to a pure white one, or any color you like.  Those little plumbob lights also make nice patio lights and most of them have an emotion you can trigger.  My chef always goes to work in the right mode, ditto my school girl child, just from having those lights in the right place. 

That little cottage is sort of on the blah side due to lack of decor but it can be a very cute little cottage once you start putting stuff in it.  I tried to keep out anything that wasn't really necessary for life to make it as cheap as possible.  It's a pretty easy house to expand also, up or sidewise, either way works.

The other house is a big clutter, at least in the yard.  I wanted to move it to a bigger lot because it's hard to get around with all the gizmos and plants, including a cow plant which I'm rather nervous about with a child there.  I discovered in trying to move the house everything comes with EXCEPT for that garden, which is now at the "superb" level.  Not planning on starting it over at the moment either.  Sure wish it was like 3 where everything came with the lot you saved exactly as you saved it, including the family if you wished.  So much easier.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 12:24:25 PM »
This is my current project right now.

I wanted to try a non-traditional shaped house and this is what I came up with. My main problem right now is that I can only find one lot in both worlds that I like for this house. Most lots have the width facing the camera. What I wanted was the length-side to face the front, if you get what I mean. So I had to demolish the museum "Municipal Muses" to make way for this house. It's the only lot that gives a nice screenshot when saving to the gallery. Other lots would show the back-side of the house which is just a large expanse of blank walls.

This is the front view. At the second floor will be the bedroom. But I still haven't placed the stairs.
I plan on placing a garden on the left of the house. Would it look okay if I place a rocket or will it be out of place?

The living room/card room. I'm debating on whether to retain the very high walls or shorten it. I love how the sun shines inside this space.

Bathroom (to be remodeled yet again)
I forgot to place a shower somewhere. :D

Bar and Dining Area
I think it wastes too much space. May have to make the bar smaller or take it out altogether.

Would love to hear suggestions from you guys. Thanks in advance.

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2014, 03:23:04 PM »

This is the front of the house I made for Tobey and his family.

This is the back:

First floor:

Second floor from above:

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2014, 03:42:31 PM »
Here's a few shots of the house I think I've finished... open to suggestions for improvements always.

The sunken lounge

View the other way up towards the dinning area and kitchen around the corner

Kitchen, seems a bit boring

Behind the lounge, downstairs bathroom, study, hallway and stairs and access to backyard

Upstairs bedroom, bathroom

Downstairs overview

front door detail of the overhang/veranda thing

last one.. a different front view

I was inspired by the house over the road, 'Sand trap" I think it's called, but I liked the holes in the overhang/veranda thing so I tried it myself
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.