Author Topic: Sims 4 Building/Remodeling Thread  (Read 183347 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Building/Remodeling Thread
« Reply #180 on: February 11, 2016, 02:57:56 PM »
@Indira That is a great build. All the plants really added a lot to the looks of it.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #181 on: February 11, 2016, 04:38:19 PM »
Beautiful!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #182 on: February 11, 2016, 05:49:38 PM »
Thanks Joria, grimsoul and JudesSims :D

Offline XxMousiexX

• Townie
« Reply #183 on: March 06, 2016, 01:07:56 PM »
Some house's I built using the Romantic Garden Pack. First house does have the alien flower's from GTW. You can get the outdoor lounge chair's in second house here. Picture in first house for Movie Stuff,  Purple Tree from Perfect Patio Stuff. Anyone want to download the house's tell me how and will put em up.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets/title/flora/id/1294969/

Sun House

Green House

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2016, 09:32:09 AM »
Haven't simmed in a while. Went back to one of my long running saves in which I've kept the Landgraab name alive as a side quest to my actually manipulated cared-for, benevolently watched-over family. I thought to save current couple and start a new file with them. Which I did. And they're Landgraabs, so they need a nice house. I'd never played on the 50x40 lot in Newcrest, so I did that too. But then the question was, what sort of house should they have. So I've spent more time in build mode trying to settle on a house plan than with Stewart and Corinne. Much of this is unfurnished. The rationale is that grand dinners happen on the east wing, but if you're tired from work you enter in the west wing where there's a bath + incense for quick de-stressing, and a big tv. The dining room has been completely remodeled since this photo, the furniture there is just a place holder.

I'm not going to upload this anywhere, partly because the internet here is patchy. The fun of build mode is not just copying someone else's design (and this is quite a basic concept - each wing is 7x21, sunken courtyard, rocket bunker) but getting ideas and doing your own thing. Someone out there might find an idea. Dunno. :) It's a not-quite-symmetrical, not-quite-chateau.

------------

Edit.

Cleaned up the roof of the garden hexagonal thing and gave it a hot tub. Double volume 'drawing room'. (Part of me hates this. I usually play with tiny houses, and wasting floor space is not an option.) Bedrooms upstairs in the east wing... when I get there. So upon waking, you head down stairs and you're at the kitchen, which has been redesigned slightly. Only two bar stools in there so that the outdoor table or dining room will actually get used. Given how all that space has now been wasted with the double-volume lounge, most skill rooms - gym, art studio, focus room etc. - will be on the basement level. My original plan there was a courtyard fountain, but it was hardly noticeable. Putting the gardening plants there also saves having to ruin the lawn...

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2017, 12:37:09 PM »
This save began a while ago with the goal of doing things I hadn't done, like: actually play the detective carreer, build a nice house on Proprietor's Square, etc. Also, I had never done anything with Ulrike Faust, who always just lives and dies in the background having never become a decent artist. So this save is all of those things. It's really a cut-down version of a bigger house, and maybe a bit more practical.

But this is a building thread and you don't need to know Ulrike's daughter Phoebe is doing well in school. Of all the things I spent time on, the floor pattern in the hallway took the most. It changed and changed again. I like how it turned out and maybe someone will be inspirated. It's really one of the best lots to start on.

---------------------

Edit. A red brick makeover:

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #186 on: January 16, 2017, 03:00:13 PM »
Very nice floor design! Creative! Are both houses one and the same?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2017, 04:13:32 PM »
Very nice floor design! Creative! Are both houses one and the same?

Yes. :) All the same house. I changed the upstairs windows, the trees, the walls, the roof, the patio - many things. It's only a 2 bedroom house, both are upstairs, but it could easily be converted to at least 3 bedrooms by moving some stuff to the basement. The drawing-room style pool / gym is needless extravagance, but hey.

I've also been tempted by Havisham House which is adjacent to this, but that's only 20x20.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2017, 10:21:45 AM »
A family in progress. There's a lot still to do, but they're flat broke and really will be unable to pay the bills next week. :) In an old save I had a descendent of Nancy Landgraab and figured I should move back to the ancestral home and actually make Affluista Mansion into something usable. So this is no Build-Mode-Special. I reckon about 98% of the original shell is in place.

---------

Edit, update. The formal living room at the same house and slightly remodeled front . I'm glad with how it looks. The original mansion simply doesn't feel posh enough.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #189 on: July 17, 2017, 11:34:07 AM »
I remodeled the Uptown apartment, 888 Spire Apartments.  I was quite pleased with how it all turned out.  The color scheme for the apartment all stems from the painting on the wall in the first shot (large Abstract painting sized up once).

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #190 on: July 17, 2017, 11:46:44 AM »
P.S.: how can I get the images to show in the message rather than the links?

Without the ellipses: [...img...] link goes in the middle [.../img...]

I think.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #191 on: July 17, 2017, 11:50:17 AM »
I tried that but all I see are little square icons.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2017, 12:00:22 PM »
I tried that but all I see are little square icons.

I see. I've replicated that in trying to post one of your pictures. Um... my amateurish guess is that the url is not simply the picture.

I'm testing something...

---------

NOTE THIS IS @Ninane's AWESOME HOUSE NOT MINE.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2017, 12:02:36 PM »
It worked!  How'd you do that?

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2017, 12:09:23 PM »
In good ol' Internet Explorer (it'll be possible in other browsers too obvs), I right clicked on the picture and went to properties, and sure enough it gives the address of just-the-picture-and-nothing-else. Which is a rather wordy thing:

https://photos-1.dropbox.com/t/2/AADe2aDx_zKxFvPVgbBCYx3Kxp6VTnZNdUkvdhktXRTUPA/12/432655777/png/32x32/3/1500321600/0/2/07-17-17_1-49-59%C2%A0PM.png/EJ25zb0DGM0DIAcoBw/7nN7V9M89bONc9_LUL0U6WcspFcyqRc24M0n7QMaxpQ?dl=0&size=800x600&size_mode=3

That's the actual link that works. Yeah. I remember having this exact dilemma when I uploaded mine with google photos. I've since taken to using pinterest for the few pictures I put up here. They're a hidden board. And it's much less housekeeping than having to find the long url for every picture.

Exit Bunthorne.

anything