Author Topic: Sims 4 Building/Remodeling Thread  (Read 183345 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Building/Remodeling Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 08:45:08 AM »
Didn't take me long, I'm back to building!

This is another house I'm working on. I was going to upload it to the gallery as a starter house,  but with three bedrooms to furnish, I couldn't keep it under 20,000 so I'm going to finish it off with a bit more detail and then upload it.

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2014, 09:21:19 AM »
Didn't take me long, I'm back to building!

This is another house I'm working on. I was going to upload it to the gallery as a starter house,  but with three bedrooms to furnish, I couldn't keep it under 20,000 so I'm going to finish it off with a bit more detail and then upload it.

Looks really cute. I haven't built anything except while in-game. I'm liking it more and more though. Nice to see what people come up with.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2014, 12:53:06 PM »
I love your home Indira.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2014, 11:16:34 PM »
Thanks Liza. :)

I love your starter home twinmom. I tried my hand making one last night. So far, im at 15k+ now. But the walls and floors aren't painted! I may have to sledgehammer the upper floor. Meaning im back to my boxed houses again. :D

By the way, if anyone is using glass windows/doors, i noticed that the glass version of the highest wall is only at 30 and 50 simoleons respectively. Whereas, the low-wall version ranges from $235-245 for windows, and $485 for the door!

Offline Alisailiah

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 03:21:55 AM »
I'm not much of a builder but I thought I'd give it a go especially how this is going to be the house my sims live in for quite some time. I'm proud to say that I have windows in this house! Usually there aren't any.

Any little suggestions are welcome! I'd like to improve my house. Also, there is one bare room left -  and I have no idea what to put in it!
Without further ado:
- Floor Plan
- Front
- Back
- Master Bedroom
- Kitchen/Dining
- Deck [out the back]

There are a lot more rooms, but don't want to go overboard with the pictures. The house should be up on the Gallery if I have done it correctly. You should be able to find it under #alisailiah. Once the house is complete and changes have been made, I will update it and add the appropriate hashtags.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 03:36:12 AM »
Lovely house and nice decorated.  For that empty room, skill items room?  Have fun games/music room?  Exercise room?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 04:23:49 AM »
Beautiful house Alisa. I always love looking at houses with a porch..and a rocking chair! So relaxing.

A few suggestions:
1. repaint your stairs to something with bricks. I think it's the one "back" one to match your foundation.
2. there is an option to place windows higher. The current windows "cut in" through the brick and wood part of your walls. Or find a similar paint/wallpaper with the brick part a little lower. (This is only personal preference. Disregard if you think otherwise :D)
3. For the empty room, like Joria said, hobbies/entertainment/leisure room. Or you can opt for a trophy room where you display some of your collectibles, unless you prefer them mixed in other places of your house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alisailiah

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 05:01:59 AM »
For that empty room, skill items room?  Have fun games/music room?  Exercise room?

I have a small gym in my house already.
There's also a den that has a piano and guitar in it

Beautiful house Alisa. I always love looking at houses with a porch..and a rocking chair! So relaxing.

A few suggestions:
1. repaint your stairs to something with bricks. I think it's the one "back" one to match your foundation.
2. there is an option to place windows higher. The current windows "cut in" through the brick and wood part of your walls. Or find a similar paint/wallpaper with the brick part a little lower. (This is only personal preference. Disregard if you think otherwise :D)
3. For the empty room, like Joria said, hobbies/entertainment/leisure room. Or you can opt for a trophy room where you display some of your collectibles, unless you prefer them mixed in other places of your house.

1. I tried but it would't work! I'll try again though.
2. I didn't even notice! I just used the auto-window function, then deleted a few. I'll see if any others work better. Maybe I'll make the walls higher?
3. I think I have all the hobbies covered. Not 100% sure though, since I've only played this household. I'll think about the collectables idea. Not sure if I like it though, purely because I don't usually collect and keep things [I usually just sell it]. I was thinking about another lounge, but I already have one and find it kinda pointless to have another. I would like another computer in the house for ease of playing, but I'm managing okay with just one.

Thank you both for your feedback!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 05:05:37 AM »
I would like another computer in the house for ease of playing, but I'm managing okay with just one.

How about a home office then? Can have a computer and more grown up things in it.

Offline Alisailiah

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 05:16:49 AM »
How about a home office then? Can have a computer and more grown up things in it.

Also already have one haha.
I have:
- Master Bedroom
- 2x Double bed bedrooms
- Kids room [2 singles + some kid's skills stuff]
- Home gym [Treadmill & Mirrors]
- Study [Computer, Bookcase, Seating & Easel]
- Kitchen/dining
- Lounge room [TV and lounges]
- Den [Bar, Fireplace, Piano & Guitar]
- Outside deck [Seating, BBQ and Workbench]

I didn't want to post a picture of every room so not to overload you all.
It's also such a strange room shape [compared to the others], which makes it more difficult.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2014, 07:25:57 AM »
I'm loving what we can do with the kitchen counters and cabinets.
This is the kitchen of a large modern house I'm working on.

Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2014, 07:37:23 AM »
Oooh, I didn't know there was a triangle counter too! There is a also a floor to ceiling cabinet. But I don't use it much as it disappears from view when you have cut-away walls.

It looks like a kitchen a fussy french chef would want to have.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2014, 07:46:35 AM »
Oooh, I didn't know there was a triangle counter too!

It seems to only be available when you choose the harbinger counter... it's the left and right end pieces. Funny though, in the little window where you select what piece of counter you want, it is not a triangle, it's only after you select it, you find out the shape. It's worthwhile looking through all the different counter and cainet pieces to see just what's available.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2014, 03:35:05 AM »
I love that kitchen Twinmum, you've inspired me  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2014, 03:46:22 AM »
I love that kitchen Twinmum, you've inspired me  :)

Thank you, I had the idea for the kitchen before I knew what the rest of the house was going to be. I've been building just about all day to get the rest of the house right. It's going to expensive though, I'm up to 112,000 and it's no where near finished yet. Might have to force myself to step away from building when it's done and actually play some more lol.