Author Topic: Teen Townies?  (Read 11638 times)

Offline Devin

• Occult
Teen Townies?
« on: September 04, 2014, 08:22:39 PM »
This might belong in Towns and Townies, but since it's a problem I think I might be having, I wasn't sure.

Has anybody had any teenage townies in their worlds? My second generation girl just became a teenager and she's a romance aspiration -- but there aren't any teenagers that I've been able to find! Are they there? This is for a legacy, or I'd just drop a few random teens into the world. I might get some from the Gallery and do it anyway.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
Re: Teen Townies?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 08:47:48 PM »
There isn't story progression in this game like in Sims 3. Unless you play the other households and get them pregnant, they won't have babies. You don't have to play beyond getting them pregnant, they will grow up after that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 08:56:13 PM »
That's playable sims.

What about the non-playable sims that appear in the public locations and count for spouse material for legacy challenges? Because otherwise, the LC is going to die out pretty quickly if all of the spouse material is entirely playable.

Offline jillz

• Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 09:21:41 PM »
You can go to Manage Household and add in some teens. Just sort by "Not in this World"

The other thing you can do is click and empty lot and go into Create A Sim and make 8 teen Sims. Then immediately evict them from the lot. They will go into the pool of possible Townies that randomly appear in your game.

I went through the pool of Townies last night in one of my games and added about 4 households of single men and celebrities for my Sim to choose from.

You could also use the cheat on the existing non playable Sims in Manage Households and change them to teens. You can't edit life stages on existing Sims without the cheat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 03:05:06 AM »
Is there any way to randomize them to make them "legal" for legacy purposes? I remember there was for TS3, but it's been so long since I played that I don't remember how it was done, even though I recall it being a mod.

Offline jillz

• Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 06:13:38 AM »
You could use the random button for their looks in CAS and then use a random trait generator for their traits. Pinstar has one on his Legacy webpage you could use.

Offline sdinger70

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 02:32:01 PM »
I have only seen one teen so far - Cassandra Goth. I can't remember seeing any others yet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 03:33:47 PM »
I imagine the rules are going to have to be re-written for legacies for Sims 4, because of the changes in SP and the way the worlds work.
- Jessica

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 03:37:54 PM »
I imagine the rules are going to have to be re-written for legacies for Sims 4, because of the changes in SP and the way the worlds work.

Pinstars rules are already out ;)

Offline jillz

• Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 04:53:21 PM »
I would think that randomizing in CAS and using a trait randomizer would be within the rules. I would just make a household or two full of 8 teen Sims, place them on an empty lot and then evict them. That way, they will become part of the random Sims that show up when you are out and about and it will still be random which ones you encounter. I would probably make 1 house of each gender to keep it fair.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 04:58:50 PM »
I would think that randomizing in CAS and using a trait randomizer would be within the rules. I would just make a household or two full of 8 teen Sims, place them on an empty lot and then evict them. That way, they will become part of the random Sims that show up when you are out and about and it will still be random which ones you encounter. I would probably make 1 house of each gender to keep it fair.

I agree with you, if you randomize all the sims, that would make it seem pretty fair to me.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 09:54:19 PM »
Each household needs to have at least one adult. I tried it without the adult and it didn't work.

I'd thought the game was still supposed to generate new non-playable townies, but it doesn't appear that it's doing that.

Isn't Malcom Landgraab also a teenager in TS4?