Author Topic: Using a Forum-Specific Hashtag on Creations in Gallery  (Read 4208 times)

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
Using a Forum-Specific Hashtag on Creations in Gallery
« on: September 04, 2014, 04:40:03 PM »
I apologize if this shouldn't be its own thread, but since the original discussion was part of the thread where users share their Origin names, I figured it'd be off topic to ask this specifically in it.  If not, please move this to the best spot for it. 

In that thread, there was some discussion when the demo came out about using a hashtag on creations by forum members so we could find them, but when I re-read the thread it seemed like nothing official was ever established.  So my question is, are forum members still using the #carlsguide hashtag on the gallery?  I have also seen #carlssims and #carlsforum on the gallery, but they have only one or two uploads.  There are a lot of sims in the first one.

I didn't see any rooms or lots in it, and now that the game is out, we can share them as well. Would it be all right to include that hashtag on our builds as well as sims, as long as they have no CC?

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
Re: Using a Forum-Specific Hashtag on Creations in Gallery
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 07:32:09 PM »
I have been using the #carlsguide hashtag whenever I upload to the Gallery.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Echo

• Llama Wrangler
  • Derp lerpa dwee
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 02:03:15 AM »
Sorry, but how exactly do you use hashtags?  Do you just add them into the description when you upload or do you add them as a comment?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 02:30:52 AM »
Sorry, but how exactly do you use hashtags?  Do you just add them into the description when you upload or do you add them as a comment?

Yes, when you add a description you just add "#carlsguide" (without the quotation marks) or whatever you want as a hashtag. Then when searching for things from members here, select the hashtag option in the search and type carlsguide (no need for the actual hashtag when searching in that area)
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 02:51:56 AM »
Let's make "#carlsguide" the official hashtag for our Forum members.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 04:39:04 AM »
I've been adding #carlsguide as well as #dellena to my new creations.  That way people don't have to look for my origin ID.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 08:29:21 PM »
I've also been using #carlsguide for my creations. It is also easy to remember. I just uploaded my first house yesterday! :D
I'll follow dellena's example and add a hashtag of my name for future uploads. It'll give me more options when looking for my work in case I use a different computer (which is very probable). Thanks for the tip Del.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.