Author Topic: Weddings  (Read 69459 times)

Offline Tuija

• Nooboo
Re: Weddings
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 10:46:19 PM »
Even though I managed to earn a gold wedding my first time out, there were several things that could have gone better with a bit of advance planning. 

Like others have said, it's best if bride and groom already live together, and you host the wedding on a day they both have off.  I started the wedding in the morning, as soon as all need bars were full.  And still...

The caterer didn't manage to cook a single thing- just left unmixed cake bowls and plates of food in progress.  Good thing I already had 2 party platters of food in the fridge from leveling.  I put them in separate areas so pathing wasn't an issue.

The tiered cake I made in advance *spoiled* as soon as I took it out of the fridge- even though it was supposed to be good for another 20 hours.  As soon as I realized the cake had gone bad, I had the groom greet guests while the bride whipped up another tiered cake and placed a wedding topper.  Even if you don't have level 5 gourmet cooking for the tiered cake, you can bake a white/chocolate cake at level 1, strawberry at level 4, blue confetti at level 6.

For some reason the bar needed to be cleaned as soon as the mixologist made a round for the party, and neither bride nor groom were able to get in there and clean it.  The wedding party didn't last long enough for anyone to get sick from the dirty bar. (can they get sick in sims 4?) 

The wedding arch does NOT put your couple into wedding attire, so before the wedding use a dresser to create formal wedding outfits and save them as formal 2.  Then right before you start the wedding event, change them into the outfits you want them to wear.  And, uh oops, the musician will not provide his own instrument, so it's a good thing I already had speakers playing music.

I wasn't sure if the guests would watch the ceremony without chairs, so thankfully you are able to go into build/buy mode after the event begins and toss a few chairs in the backyard next to the wedding arch.  For some reason, everyone congregated in the bedroom by the laptop, so when it was time for the ceremony I just used a sledgehammer on the outside wall to eliminate pathing issues and get everyone there in time.  Once you start the wedding with the arch, they will all make their way over to witness.

For a cute "wedding picture" you can take selfies at the arch.

In addition to planning the wedding, next time I will also hire a maid for the day, to clean up all the party mess.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 11:23:31 PM »
So can you change them into a formal outfit right before the wedding and they stay in that? Just asking as I'm planning for my sim to get married in the near future, and spent some time planning her wedding dress, hairstyle, makeup etc for the occasion. It's set as formal 2, so hopefully she doesn't change into something else!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 12:48:45 AM »
I failed the wedding event because as soon as they were married, it asked me to move in the new sim and then they went back to the house, I lost all progress on the party!
- Jessica

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 07:18:02 AM »
The caterer didn't manage to cook a single thing- just left unmixed cake bowls and plates of food in progress.  Good thing I already had 2 party platters of food in the fridge from leveling.  I put them in separate areas so pathing wasn't an issue.

My caterer didn't make anything either.  He stood around and socialized the entire time.  I was wondering what the heck I paid him for.  My groom had to make the cake in a state of panic during the reception.  I hope he enjoyed himself on my dime.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 07:59:08 AM »
I was lucky enough to get gold on my first try.  I really like the fact that you can add all of the items at the park when you plan the party.  The bartender was great, the caterer made the cake right off and then made a couple of other things and a lot of people were there and most sat down during the ceremony.  Towards the end, the bride sat on a bench and fell asleep, which I found quite amusing that they can nap while sitting, lol.  All in all, it was a good wedding.  Once they got to the park, everyone changed into their wedding attire.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 02:34:28 PM »
I downloaded a church venue from the Gallery that had the arch downstairs in the chapel and the reception hall on the second floor. It was originally set up as a library but it wouldn't show up in the venue list when I planned a social event, so I switched it to a night club. It just needed a stereo and 3 barstools to make it a night club.

It was amazing. After my Sims got married at the arch, everyone went upstairs and chatted, drank at the bar and danced by the stereo. Since it was set up as a nightclub, Sims who weren't invited were there anyways. There were probably about 15 Sims at the lot. It was a lot of fun to watch my Sims have a good time at their own wedding.

I put together a quick album of screen shots from the wedding. http://imgur.com/a/O8HBx#0

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2014, 02:39:46 PM »
A guest showed up to my legacy founder's wedding in the gown.  Founder never changed.  extra weird.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 12:47:43 AM »
Just a question with wedding venues. I decided to build one myself, with an outdoor gazebo and arch for the actual wedding ceremony, then I made a reception hall with a bar and full kitchen etc. What lot type should I set it at? At the moment I just made it "generic" but I noticed  the mailbox stays there. It's in my sims neighborhood, so if I set it as park, I will see sims gathering there and using the facilities, won't I? It would be nice to set a lot as "event only" so it's never used except for parties etc. I don't want random sims crashing my wedding.

Offline khuckster

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 01:15:07 AM »
I had the wedding in the backyard and used the wedding room or whatever.
I hired a caterer and mixologist

the couple then had to go to work. LOL

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2014, 02:54:47 AM »
Just so you guys know, if you plan to have your wedding at home, there is an actual pre-made room in build mode for your wedding at home. So go into Build Mode, then select the pre-made rooms option, and click on "Outdoors" (the grill icon). It is the first option in the rooms there. You can place it right in your backyard (hopefully you have enough room!) and get your Sims married right at home. Or you can go to another lot (making sure there is enough room of course) and go into build mode and place it there.

Hope this helps! ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 03:52:24 AM »
I wasn't about to fool around.  I wanted her married,pronto.  So I started chatting up this handsome Sim, (yes, I created him AND her), and they got to be friends.  I invited him to move in.  AHA!  Now I've got you my pretty!  Chatting became flirting, flirting became love, love became proposal.  Remember I said pronto?  So....I wondered what would happen if they eloped.  Absolutely nothing.  They stood there in their normal clothes and talked and talked and talked, finally exchanged rings and a kiss and that was that.  BORING!  I expected, or hoped, they would travel since they were eloping, but nope.  Just stood there looking kind of goofy and did the deed.  They just had their first child.  Burrito babies aren't as cute but are a lot less work!  Oh, how I miss my swing!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Kaibilly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2014, 05:57:55 PM »
I had the same problem as jesirose.  I figured I would have them get married first and do the food and drink second, like you would in a real wedding.  Ceremony followed by reception.  Bad idea.  As soon as the vows are done the wedding was over and I got the who is moving in screen  ::)

I had a another problem when my sim initially invited her on a date.  The date was going quite well and suddenly it was over as she had to go to work.  Since they weren't living together I didn't know which days she was working.  Would be nice to get a warning before embarking on the date that she had to work.
We could learn a lot from crayons:
Some are sharp, some are pretty,
Some are dull, some have weird names,
And all are different colors....but
They all exist very nicely in the same box.

Offline JamieNTamara

• Nooboo
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2016, 01:38:48 AM »
Not sure if it's been said but after not having a cake after the wedding at the museum, I just built a stove, refrigerator, and couple tables outside and it worked.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2016, 02:34:16 AM »
Good to know. Does that still give you points towards the Gold badge?
Yes you get either, gold, silver or gold rewards if your Sims get married at home.  You may also have them change into their formal clothes after their wedding event begins.  Weddings at home are very convenient, as well.  I started having my Sims get married at home 3 weeks after I started playing TS4 in September 2015.

The wedding that my first Sim had was at the museum in Willow Creek.  The groom's hair changed from dark brown to grey as they exchanged vows  :o!

anything