Author Topic: Lifetime Aspirations Stuck?  (Read 11413 times)

Offline ironicxox

• Nooboo
Lifetime Aspirations Stuck?
« on: September 03, 2014, 01:19:16 PM »
I've basically been playing the Sims for the last 12 hours, so at this point I have multiple Sims with a few different aspirations*. Some have been completed just fine, while others have been stuck and seemingly impossible to complete.

The two I'm struggling with at the moment are the Novelist one and the Soulmate one. The novelist is saying my Sim has to publish three best sellers--however he's published literally over a hundred books and not one has been a best seller, or had any kind of designation like that at all. I got him the extra creative reward, made sure he was inspired while he wrote, tried writing only mood specialized books to see if that was enough of a boost--but writing a best seller, a hit, a miss, all the stuff you had on the Sims 3 doesn't seem to be even part of this game. You just publish and that's it. Has anyone figured this out?

The other goal I have to meet is in the soulmate aspiration. My Sim has to apologize to her spouse while her spouse is angry. I have literally destroyed their relationship, brought it back, and destroyed it again getting the spouse angry and having my Sim apologize. The only option that ever comes up is something like "smooth apology" which I do, but it doesn't satisfy the goal. Anyone dealt with this either?

Last thing--all of my babies look horrifying. They're like the size of children but bent into the shape of a baby. Is this happening to anyone else?

*I don't remember all the new terminology, please excuse my use of words like aspirations and rewards!

Dellena

Re: Lifetime Aspirations Stuck?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 01:38:56 PM »
re: baby issue.  Do you have a graphics card or on board graphics?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ironicxox

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 01:51:25 PM »
I'm playing on a macbook air with windows installed, but upon further googling it seems like this is happening to most other people as well.

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 07:04:46 PM »
Ironicxox,

My Sims just had a baby. Mine was also horrifying looking. Plus, I cannot see her in the crib unless I hoover over the crib. Then, she is perfect. When my Sims feeds her she is all deformed. Then my game crashed. Lets hope it is not going to be a recurring incident.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 07:57:14 PM »
The babies glitching out has been confirmed as an actual game play bug. "A fix is being worked on and will be patched to players as soon as possible. "

Source (SimGuruHydra): http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12569195/#Comment_12569195

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 09:05:56 PM »
I'm interested in what's going on with your Aspirations. I've only had one Sim who got Angry and that was because someone had the Mean trait he was playing Chess with and I made my Sim chew him out. Have you tried it the other way around? You said  "My Sim has to apologize to her spouse while her spouse is angry." Have your Spouse apologize to you while you are angry, just to test it out and see if it's backwards somehow in the code.

What level is your writing at? I know with Painting, the types of painting I did improved in quality with each skill level I got. At first I could only do low quality Classical paintings, then as more types of paintings (Realistic, Impressionist etc) got added, I got better at making higher quality paintings in categories I had from the start. Like, in real life, the longer you do something, the better you are at it, if that makes sense?

I just started the Writing career today, so if I come across any more advice, I'll pop back in and let you know.

Offline ironicxox

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 09:55:38 PM »
I have tried it the other way around, and then I tried it with them both angry but an apology option doesn't come up for the angry sim, so when they both are upset the option is unavailable.

I just got the writing to level 10 and still nothing. Please let  me know if you figure it out!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jillz

• Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 10:46:53 PM »
How are you publishing your books that you write? Self Publish or with an Agent? If you are self publishing, try using an agent. I just read that self publishing gives you less money and (probably) won't give you a best seller.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 11:47:09 PM »
I'm stuck on the Soulmate Aspiration too, but on the 'Get married to BFF' step.   Both sims have their friendship and romantic relationships maxed, but they didn't become BFFs and no 'Become BFFs' interaction is available.

I do have a 'Best Friend', who is one of the first sims I befriended early in my game.  They became best friends only after I clicked a 'Become Best Friends' interaction which became available when their friendship got high enough.  Since then I've befriended other sims, but no matter how high their friendship level is or how long they've been friends they always just stay at 'Good Friends', with no 'Become Best Friends' option ever becoming available. 

So it's looking like at the moment you can only have one 'Best Friend', which is definitely a bug since one of the Popularity Aspirations requires you to have 5 BFFs.

Offline Tenderroast

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 04:34:02 AM »
My problem i am having is getting my writing sim to get writers block, so i can get past writers block...

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 10:10:57 AM »
@Silverbella, do you think maybe it is like Sims 3 in that you have to have like 5 friendly interactions before that pops up (that being the 'become best friends' option) this was the case to get friends to move in and stuff.

Offline jillz

• Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 10:13:30 AM »
Can you fight with your best friend and get that status taken away from them and then get BFF with a new Sim?

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 01:32:51 PM »
@simchuff Oh she's had far more than 5 friendly interactions with her other friends, their friendship bars are maxed but it never comes up with a 'Best Friends' interaction.

@jillz  Hmmm I didn't try that, it would be interesting to test.  Though even if it worked someone doing the Popularity Aspiration would still be stuck on getting 5 BFFs :/

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 01:53:21 PM »
@simchuff Oh she's had far more than 5 friendly interactions with her other friends, their friendship bars are maxed but it never comes up with a 'Best Friends' interaction.

I had the ask to be bff pop up while in a group socialization (an option with the spouse). It was there one second and gone the next. I think it might come if you use enough social interactions, but beware of using flirty ones. It is somewhat tricky in the game, since the friendly category also includes interactions from other menu (such as romantic and comedy).

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 02:09:59 PM »
@saltpastillen  Right, that's how I managed to get the one best friend I mentioned, it just never comes up for any other friends even if their relationship is maxed.