Author Topic: How to get Oasis Springs and Willow Creek back to default?  (Read 7044 times)

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
How to get Oasis Springs and Willow Creek back to default?
« on: September 03, 2014, 09:29:37 AM »
Yesterday I was able to make a new fresh file save with both neighborhoods at their default using the button to make a new game. 

Today I tried the same thing, after editing in "manage worlds" on one.  Now every time I try to make a new game it restarts like the new default is whatever I did in the last game where I used "manage worlds" extensively.  All of the households (many of which were tests that were never meant to be permanent) are in there.  I know I can just delete them, but it's not starting at the Sunday 8 AM, either, whenever I go into a family. It's like 7 minutes game-time in and that is driving me batty.

Does anyone know how to get your neighborhoods back to the factory default without the drastic measure of reinstalling, or doing a factory reset, which means having to get rid of your sims and lots?  I don't want to spam the gallery with everything in my library just to re-download it, as I have households with the same sims together, then each individually, some sims that are the same sim at different ages, etc. 

I have not touched any mods nor downloaded any sims with CC at any point, so I know it's not that.

Thanks in advance!

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
Re: How to get Oasis Springs and Willow Creek back to default?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 09:47:57 AM »
How are you starting a new game?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:50:36 AM »
Pressing the blue "play" button will take you to your previous game.

In the top right hand corner of the main menu, above the blue button, you can press on + to start a new game, or the "save" icon to its left to choose among previous saves.

But don't feel bad, Metro didn't get it either. Or maybe you should feel bad, I've put this in the hints and tips thread and twice in First Impressions.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 09:50:57 AM »
By clicking the + sign in the top right hand corner, which says new game.

Pressing the blue "play" button will take you to your previous game.

In the top right hand corner of the main menu, above the blue button, you can press on + to start a new game, or the "save" icon to its left to choose among previous saves.

But don't feel bad, Metro didn't get it either. Or maybe you should feel bad, I've put this in the hints and tips thread and twice in First Impressions.

Thanks. I'm sorry if I didn't explain it clearly enough, but I have done this.

The problem I'm having is it's giving me the edited worlds when I use the + symbol to start a new game. I'm worried that somehow the defaults got overwritten.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 09:53:02 AM »
By clicking the + sign in the top right hand corner, which says new game.

Thanks. I'm sorry if I didn't explain it clearly enough, but I have done this.

The problem I'm having is it's giving me the edited worlds when I use the + symbol to start a new game. I'm worried that somehow the defaults got overwritten.

Sorry, I thought you were using the blue button. That does sound like a glitch.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 09:57:29 AM »
No problem. I appreciate the help. I actually found out how to do that on the forum here yesterday.  :)

Dellena

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 09:59:10 AM »
I wonder if there's a file associated with your edited default worlds in the game files.  I don't have the game yet.  If you find it, maybe deleting it will make the game recreate the default one.  Back up the file you delete first in case that doesn't work.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 10:06:12 AM »
I was wondering that, since I know it works that way in The Sims 2.

I'm going to give a factory reset a try.  I'll let you know if it works to fix the issue.

Edited to add:  The factory reset worked and I'm getting fresh saves like normal now.  Just a heads up for anyone else who may run into this bug!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 12:47:11 PM »
Or maybe this will be a great thing for someone who want's to always start in an edited version of the town. It's great to hear that factory reset works like in the sims 3 though, because I really got into using that to separate my games.