Author Topic: Phone stuck my my sims hand.  (Read 4430 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Phone stuck my my sims hand.
« on: September 03, 2014, 06:52:45 AM »
My sim made a phone call to chat and the phone got stuck to his hand after he hung up.
So I figured no problem, just reset the sim and problem solved. Wrong, Resetting the sim didn't fix the problem as it always did in The Sims 3. The phone was still stuck to his hand after resetting him.
So I tried saving and exiting the game and restarting it again and the phone wasn't stuck to his hand anymore.
I was disappointed that resetting him didn't work. Restarting he game is more of a hassle to fix it. But at least it worked.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Re: Phone stuck my my sims hand.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 09:02:28 AM »
On the official forum Crinrict also recommends the following:

There's several people reporting stuck items. To solve, try traveling, going to the dresser, resetting the Sim. (obviously the last one didn't work for you though).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:18:35 AM »
I give those two options a try if it happens again. Either would be faster than restarting the game. :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline MinGraphics

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 12:02:28 PM »
My sim has been stuck in labor, at first I thought it was cute that they prolonged labor.  She would eat, stop and groan, than go back to eating.  But she never stopped,  :o she than went to work so I knew something was wrong so I reset her and it did nothing.  I quit the game and have not had a chance to go back in but I sure hope she is fixed when I go back or I have to start all over  :'(

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 12:04:34 PM »

My sim has been stuck in labor, at first I thought it was cute that they prolonged labor.  She would eat, stop and groan, than go back to eating.  But she never stopped,  :o she than went to work so I knew something was wrong so I reset her and it did nothing.  I quit the game and have not had a chance to go back in but I sure hope she is fixed when I go back or I have to start all over  :'(

I had that happen. Four days in labor! I clicked on the bassinet and it gave me the option to "Have Baby." That took care of it. Then, she went straight to work...so, no maternity leave.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 12:05:45 PM »
I think Judewright said that you have to click on the bassinet and tell the sim to give birth. I might be imagining it but I'm pretty certain that's what she, or someone else said.

Edit: Judewright herself beat me to it!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline MinGraphics

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 12:08:48 PM »
Thank you so much, I didn't know that, will try it as soon as I can get back in the game!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 06:39:43 PM »
You can also click on your sim and tell her to give birth at the hospital. She'll the go off screen like work and come back with the baby in the bassinet.

Naria

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 07:29:53 PM »
My Sim got a fork stuck in his hand. It looked pretty painful. Once he took a shower and changed into a different outfit after, it was gone.

Offline tiffieleigh

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 03:00:41 PM »
Nothing got stuck in my game.  I moved my sim to a new empty lot and built her a nice house from scratch.  When I went back into live mode I could no longer interact with objects at all.  When I hover over items they still get the highlight.  When I click on them...  Nothing happens at all.  I can't control my sims anymore :(  I can still click and pull to move around the screen, rotate the view, but can't play.

So I switched households, same problem.  evicted the family, same problem.  Deleted the save file and created a new sim.  Nothing worked so now I have uninstalled and am reinstalling the game.  I'm sad  :'(