Author Topic: Sims 4 - Weird pictures, funny posts, or something new?  (Read 366552 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Sims 4 - Weird pictures, funny posts, or something new?
« Reply #1110 on: February 05, 2023, 01:03:31 PM »
Yes, especially if you have the Tiny Living pack, the crazy skilling boost makes a very small home a very attractive option.  If you extend the roof-- adding support columns will make this look more normal-- you can gain space without exceeding your tile limit.  And your sims will usually act as if they're indoors too.  I've got a mod (by LMS maybe?) that makes sims change back out of cold-weather clothes when they go inside.  And they will do this when they get under my extended roofs, and they don't seem to freeze out there either.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #1111 on: February 06, 2023, 12:20:50 PM »
Sorry, I do not have that pack but thanks for the tips!  :) I have to download some new houses but the problem is that even a simple starter seems to require a lot of packs... (at least the one on MTS). But I will look for some.

I did have a quite hysterical situation at my last play session. I was playing a sims who is a gardener and I was setting up a queue of things for my sim to do when the message did pop up about she having one hour left before work and I have to decide what she should do (go to work, work from home or take a day off). At the same time she did get promoted and I had to pick a branch for her - All at once!  :o How did this happen?
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #1112 on: February 06, 2023, 03:36:12 PM »
At the same time she did get promoted and I had to pick a branch for her - All at once!  :o How did this happen?

If you choose Go To Work, you get credit for the shift as soon as you get home.  But, when you choose Work From Home, you get credit for the shift when you choose how you want to work the next day.  So, yesterday's performance was enough to get your promotion, but it's only just giving you credit for that as soon as you clicked your choice for today's shift.

Tiny Living is 10 bucks well spent, although I know how much you hate updating.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #1113 on: February 07, 2023, 12:06:51 PM »
Oh OK, so that's how it works. Well, then I have learned something new today.  :) Thank you!

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #1114 on: February 18, 2023, 03:21:10 AM »
TS4_x64 2023-02-18 02-43-40.jpg

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #1115 on: February 18, 2023, 06:11:16 AM »
Oops, that sure looks odd.  :)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #1116 on: February 18, 2023, 12:02:44 PM »
Yeah, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that.  This is Mom's third marriage now.  The first was to Simeon Silversweater, he's the father of my sim Simone and two of her brothers.  The third brother is from Don Lothario, but she didn't marry him.  Her second marriage was to someone whose last name was Topasna, there wasn't time for kids before Neighborhood Stories bumped him off.
Yeah, so my first reaction was "Dina got married to YAMACHAN?!"  And then the next was, "Holy cow, look at all the KIDS!!"  He must really get around.  They all have different last names!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1117 on: February 18, 2023, 10:32:01 PM »
Yeah, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that.  This is Mom's third marriage now.  The first was to Simeon Silversweater, he's the father of my sim Simone and two of her brothers.  The third brother is from Don Lothario, but she didn't marry him.  Her second marriage was to someone whose last name was Topasna, there wasn't time for kids before Neighborhood Stories bumped him off.
Yeah, so my first reaction was "Dina got married to YAMACHAN?!"  And then the next was, "Holy cow, look at all the KIDS!!"  He must really get around.  They all have different last names!
LOL, at Yamachan fathering kids with different mothers.
Must be from the Mt. Komorebi sighseeing, where all the girls want to take a selfie with Yamachan!
When you say you sim "Simone," was that the beautiful sim you showed in the "how to deal with an over-muscular sim" thread?
Also, I wonder how the game decides who the next Yamachan will be? It would be funny if the role passed down to one of his kids...

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #1118 on: February 19, 2023, 01:59:11 PM »
When you say you sim "Simone," was that the beautiful sim you showed in the "how to deal with an over-muscular sim" thread?
No, that blonde girl is named Tabitha.
Simone Silversweater is another library girl I made, with Simeon and another girl as parents.  For this save, she was added as the daughter of Simeon and his wife Dina Caliente (MCCC made that match).
Come to think of it, this is the very same save as the shots of Tabitha.  Simone is the fiance of the little boy she was dancing with... he's not so little anymore!
TS4_x64 2021-03-26 02-49-34.jpg

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1119 on: February 19, 2023, 02:28:18 PM »
No, that blonde girl is named Tabitha.
Simone Silversweater is another library girl I made, with Simeon and another girl as parents.  For this save, she was added as the daughter of Simeon and his wife Dina Caliente (MCCC made that match).
Come to think of it, this is the very same save as the shots of Tabitha.  Simone is the fiance of the little boy she was dancing with... he's not so little anymore!
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

Oh, Simone is very pretty! Do you play with the Preteen mod? Is that why Simone looks shorter in her family tree with Yamachan/Dina?
I do love your Tabitha! Did you create her in CAS or was she born in-game?
Haha, we need a "My Very Favorite Sims" thread where we share screenshots of our most beloved sims! I've got about three, probably...

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #1120 on: February 19, 2023, 02:38:42 PM »
No, what I have is a height slider.  It does mess with animations and stuff, but I like it.  It's also why her thumbnail in the family tree only shows her from the nose up!  That's a pretty good idea for a thread though!

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #1121 on: February 20, 2023, 12:57:51 PM »
Oh, you asked how I made Tabitha, missed that!
She was made in CAS.  I started with two downloaded sims, randomized their daughter, and then continued to fiddle with her.
If you look on page 74, that's her family gathered around the tree.  Herself, husband Alistair Hammerlock (downloaded with his CC.  He's based on a character from Borderlands) daughter Danielle, Simone experimenting with purple hair dye, and son Mike.
Back on page 70, she's knitting in the hot spring lol.  And also on page 70, the boy whose eyes kept glowing when he snowboarded was her son Mike.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1122 on: February 20, 2023, 04:43:41 PM »
Oh, you asked how I made Tabitha, missed that!
She was made in CAS.  I started with two downloaded sims, randomized their daughter, and then continued to fiddle with her.
If you look on page 74, that's her family gathered around the tree.  Herself, husband Alistair Hammerlock (downloaded with his CC.  He's based on a character from Borderlands) daughter Danielle, Simone experimenting with purple hair dye, and son Mike.
Back on page 70, she's knitting in the hot spring lol.  And also on page 70, the boy whose eyes kept glowing when he snowboarded was her son Mike.
Loved the shot of Tabitha knitting in the hot springs.
Hey, did you know you add a link to a particular post? Like this:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=20946.msg520014#msg520014

With Google Chrome, I go to the post and right-click on the thread title (about the date/time), then choose "Copy link address."
This lets you direct folks directly to your posts, rather than the page. ;-)

Offline SpitVenom4

• Nooboo
« Reply #1123 on: March 07, 2023, 09:09:12 PM »
Sims who pick out their own clothes.
Fashion.jpg

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #1124 on: March 08, 2023, 01:01:36 AM »
LOL! 
You can try out a mod called Fashion Police.  It's on Lover's Lab.  I'm guessing since you had to censor the girl with wings, you're already familiar with that site.
It's made as an MCCC module, so it will also require MCCC.  If you're not familiar with that, get it, it's awesome.
Fashion Police will drastically cut down on the bizarre outfits townies will pick on their own.

anything