Author Topic: How do I prevent my gardener sim from looking like a body builder?  (Read 17225 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: How do I prevent my gardener sim from looking like a body builder?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 01:49:42 PM »
Not looking forward to my gardener getting fat.  (Second game with gardener)  Bought a treadmill and weight machine but sounds like this might not do the trick.  Strangely, the extra weight shows up in her rear first.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 03:20:15 PM »
I made a new sim gardener yesterday and in CAS I put the muscle slider right down to zero at the bottom. I pulled the weight slider up about three quarters of the way so that she didn't look grossly skinny. So far no muscle. I've had her collecting like mad and gardening hard out. I've even had her working out on the treadmill at the gym.
So it seems that, for whatever reason, if you don't want a hulk look-a-like gardener you really have to start off with absolutely no muscles.
And so far the only way I've found to get rid of the hulk-like muscle bulk on my other gardener was to either cheat or to get their fitness level up and use 'endurance run' on the treadmill with a 'push the limits' run right afterwards at least two times.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 09:48:13 AM »
I'm having the same 'she-hulk' issue on my painter sim.  She is working on her curator aspiration and she goes out collecting a lot.  I guess all the walking and digging are building muscle tone.  It hasn't bothered me enough to edit her in CAS, but we'll see after she has her baby.  :)  It's interesting how all these random activities that would require exertion in real life are having fitness effects on our sims.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2014, 04:23:58 PM »
My collector Sim, Gracie Getitall, has thighs like tree trunks now.   :-[

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2014, 05:32:43 PM »
I'm having that problem, too, that the muscle gain is excessive. Any exercise seems to build muscle now, where as before it was cardio vs strength. I thought maybe with the new punching bags that if would be treadmill odor cardio/weight loss, weights for muscle, and boxing to maybe change both. My sim had a baby and then kept the baby weight, so started going to the gym. She didn't work out before, so the first visit or two didn't do much. Then when she seemed to be back pretty much to her normal size, she would maintain it by going for a quick jog. Now that quick jog is making her buff. She also does random exercise, like the push ups etc, too, so not sure if that makes a difference.
The funny thing is, the townies weight doesn't seem to change, not like in the last game.

Offline Simsperience

• Nooboo
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 06:23:44 PM »
I finally figured out what was causing her to bulk up so much!  It's the digging!

If you send your sim around the neighborhood to dig up gems and stuff, they will turn into the incredible hulk.  I realized this because after she had two babies, I sent her husband out to do the digging, and suddenly he had ginormous muscles!

So this seems to be a bug associated with digging, and will cause your sim to go from low muscle to 100% guaranteed.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2014, 06:28:15 PM »
If everything gives you muscles now, it also should give you the fitness skill in my opinion. But it does not. It must be a bug. And if it isn't then I think that it's a rediculous amount of muscles you get for almost no exercise. Wish it would be so easy in real life, haha :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 07:02:28 AM »
I finally figured out what was causing her to bulk up so much!  It's the digging!

If you send your sim around the neighborhood to dig up gems and stuff, they will turn into the incredible hulk.  I realized this because after she had two babies, I sent her husband out to do the digging, and suddenly he had ginormous muscles!

So this seems to be a bug associated with digging, and will cause your sim to go from low muscle to 100% guaranteed.

Yes! My sim has been doing a lot of collecting, I'm guessing that's where it came from, not just the jogging.

Offline Brotte

• Nooboo

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 11:02:29 AM »
I think it's a little bit stupid that I have to start using mods already to keep this rediculous muscle building from happening, but it's good that someone made it. I hope that EA will do something about it themselves.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2014, 12:49:40 AM »
I ended up with a solution I had to play with the types of food my sims ate. The important part was to stop them when they are almost full. Sims take a bite or 2 more after being full which doesn't sound like much but each bite fills about a quarter of the bar.

Offline radwyn

• Nooboo
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2014, 11:18:07 AM »
I have found no way to avoid muscle build up when collecting or gardening
Running on the treadmill will cause weight loss without muscle gain
Eating low fat meals like salads seems to avoid weight gain this was hinted at by developers
If all else fails there is a no fat/muscle gain mod on mod the sims

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2014, 04:52:03 PM »
This should now be corrected with the latest patch according to crinricht. 

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/10/patch-1-0-732-20/
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »
This should now be corrected with the latest patch according to crinricht. 

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/10/patch-1-0-732-20/

Yep, It's under Tuning.. (Link to the update thread)
Quote from: justproud2b
- Removed fitness gain for digging rocks.

anything