Author Topic: How do I prevent my gardener sim from looking like a body builder?  (Read 17224 times)

Offline Simsperience

• Nooboo
How do I prevent my gardener sim from looking like a body builder?
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:47:52 PM »
My gardening sim has somehow become completely ripped, muscle wise!!  I don't send her out excercising or anything really, but I want to know how to tone down her muscles.  Mostly because she is green colored and looks like the female hulk right now!

Gardening is like the only thing she's done, so I think that is what is causing it.  Both her arms and legs are super muscly!!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: How do I prevent my gardener sim from looking like a body builder?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 11:18:55 AM »
There is a Insta-Lean beverage you can buy with 750 aspiration points, maybe that will help her slim down.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MinGraphics

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 12:06:23 PM »
My sim is gaining weight and he is a gardener too, he is not ripped just getting chunky.  I wonder if this is a bug.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »
Are you having him eat only when he's fairly hungry?

Offline MinGraphics

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 12:10:21 PM »
I only have them eat when the bar is yellow or red, should I just wait until its red?

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 12:13:12 PM »
Not sure but I have seen a few posts here and there that suggests to me there might be a bug.  Send him to the gym, maybe?

Offline Simsperience

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 01:29:51 PM »
Is anyone else still seeing this as a problem?

My sim is still ultra ripped.

I tweeted to a Sim Guru and she said to make my sim eat more snacks because they will make you put on weight...but that just makes her fat instead of ripped.  I can't figure out how to get her back to thin and not overly muscled like a body builder. :(

This is kind of bumming me out because she looks like the incredible hulk...and there isn't anything I can seem to do to fix it.  I will give the lean potion a shot.  I'm just worried this won't do anything about the muscle mass.  I want to take more screenshots to record my sim family story, but everytime I do all I can think is that she looks like she could bench press a small car.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 01:40:59 PM »
You could take back into CAS and edit her with the cheat.

Offline Simsperience

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 01:56:31 PM »
Yeah, I thought of that, and as a one shot deal I don't really mind doing it.  But I don't really want to have to rely on cheats, especially over something so silly, plus a lot of challenges don't allow you to use cheats :(

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 04:10:37 PM »
Did your sim dance a lot?! Because dancing now counts as a strength exercise apparently.

Source: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/777441/ew-body-changes

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 08:57:43 PM »
What are her traits? Does she have the Athletic one? What do you feed her at mealtimes?

I kind of had the opposite problem with my Sim. I made her a little chubby and she gained weight so fast. Eventually, I bought her the Insta Lean potion and it made her super skinny and I dont think she can gain weight anymore.

Offline Simsperience

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 09:49:46 AM »
I actually don't have a radio in the house, so she doesn't dance at all.  She does walk around a bit to collect gardening stuff, and she does a LOT of gardening, but that is really it.

Her traits are Loves the Outdoors, Self-Assured, Loner, and her aspiration is Freelance Botanist.  I tweeted one of the gurus about this problem and she said to make them eat a lot of snacks, so that's what I've been feeding her, but that hasn't made the muscle mass go away, it's just made her muscly AND fat...

Before that I was having her cook a variety of foods and eat it.  I finally gave in and used the cheat to readjust her muscles in CAS.  The muscle slider was as high as it could go.  So far she hasn't reverted back yet, but I'm keeping my eye on her to see what happens.

Offline Echo

• Llama Wrangler
  • Derp lerpa dwee
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 10:55:07 AM »
Personally I think she looks pretty attractive in that picture, not really all that muscle-bound at all.  I made the mistake of basing my first sim off of myself, so he's got a potbelly he hasn't managed to trim down yet.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2014, 09:10:57 PM »
Same here echo, and, I made him a foodie. So he seems to gain that paunch pretty fast. At first I thought it was just my imagination. Lol. "Did I really make him that fat?"

But I have started reversing the process by working him out as well as stopping his eating before it hits the end of the need bar, so there is a little bit left. Makes him need to eat more often. But the steps have got him trimming down again. Might just be the exercise though.

I did just get him the "hardly hungry" reward. We will see if this can keep him slim because it will limit the times he overeats? I am hoping.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 03:47:59 AM »
My female sim gardener also majorly bulked up. Yuk! After reading these posts I just used cheats, took her back into CAS and the muscle slider was right up at the top. So I slid it right down and made her a bit skinnier. So far she hasn't bulked back up so maybe it is a glitch. She doesn't over-eat so it wasn't food that made her all bulky. Her traits are Loves the Outdoors, Self-Assured, Geek, and her aspiration is Freelance Botanist.
I also tried making her jog all the time (before I took her back to CAS) and that really didn't do anything, if anything that seemed to make her even bigger.
I'm going to start and new game file tomorrow to see if it will happen again.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything