Author Topic: What do the plum bobs do?  (Read 4287 times)

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
What do the plum bobs do?
« on: September 02, 2014, 06:38:09 PM »
Can anyone who has the game and has some/all of the bonus plum bobs share what they actually do? It seemed like they were going to give off auras, but which type?

Offline kymber13

• Nooboo
Re: What do the plum bobs do?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 07:06:52 PM »
Can anyone who has the game and has some/all of the bonus plum bobs share what they actually do? It seemed like they were going to give off auras, but which type?

As far as I can tell, they are just colored lights. I placed one in my Sim's home, and it glows, but doesn't seem to have any special properties.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 07:14:03 PM »
some of them increase moods, i have one that increases some kind of mood...  Im at work right now so Im not sure which ones I have.  But some of them do alter moods.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 08:09:48 PM »
I have all of them. Some of them will give your Sim a specific mood if they are in the same room as the light. However, you need to click on the object and "Enable Aura" in order for it to work. You can also "Disable Aura" if you just want it to be Decorative. This goes for any object with an Emotion modifier to it.

Offline ZoeLou

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 08:11:07 PM »
Okay cool! That sounds about right what I thought. Can't wait to figure out which emotions they all do!

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 04:09:12 PM »
They are described in build mode.
Base game:  environment 5
Seasons & Generations: environment 4
Late Night:  romantic decor 4
Pets & Island Paradise:  playful decor 4
World Adventures &Showtime: confident decor 4
University & Into the Future: focusing decor 4
Ambitions & Supernatural:  inspiring decor

Having one in the room was enough to bump my sims into an inspired, focused or flirty mood.  The moodlet they give is only +1, so if your sim is strongly into another mood they aren't enough to overcome it.  However, if you are fine or happy they are enough to get you into the mood you choose. 
As well as enabling and disabling mood auras, you can change the colour and intensity of the light emitted (the lamp itself remains it's original colour, but is effected by the light passing through it).

I've put an inspiring lamp in the bedroom, and unless my creative sim wakes up with low needs, she wakes up inspired. 

Jess

Offline Echo

• Llama Wrangler
  • Derp lerpa dwee
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 04:15:34 PM »
They are described in build mode.
Base game:  environment 5
Seasons & Generations: environment 4
Late Night:  romantic decor 4
Pets & Island Paradise:  playful decor 4
World Adventures &Showtime: confident decor 4
University & Into the Future: focusing decor 4
Ambitions & Supernatural:  inspiring decor

Get a house with enough individual rooms to put one of each into and you'd be well on the way to an easy BasketCase achievement.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 08:44:41 PM »
Having one in the room was enough to bump my sims into an inspired, focused or flirty mood.  The moodlet they give is only +1, so if your sim is strongly into another mood they aren't enough to overcome it.  However, if you are fine or happy they are enough to get you into the mood you choose.  As well as enabling and disabling mood auras, you can change the colour and intensity of the light emitted (the lamp itself remains it's original colour, but is effected by the light passing through it).

I've put an inspiring lamp in the bedroom, and unless my creative sim wakes up with low needs, she wakes up inspired. 

Jess

I put them near skilling objects that will give you a longer Moodlet or in areas where I will be doing an action that is related to that Emotion. For instance, I had the +Inspiration ones in my Artist's studio and I just put the +Focus one near my computer for my Tech Guru. You can put +Playful near the television or +Flirty on your bedside tables.

Offline krutt77

• Nooboo
  • You can call me Julla
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 12:38:47 AM »
Ok, maybe this is a silly question. But I've just started playing and was wondering, how do I get theses bonus plumbobs? I'm so lost in this game, it's so different from the others.

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 12:40:07 AM »
Check out Carl's Guide, it's on the main page, to get there click the link in the upper left hand corner. He has a link to claim your rewards, and they will be added to your origin account automatically and downloaded to the game.

Offline krutt77

• Nooboo
  • You can call me Julla
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 01:01:14 AM »
Thank you Simchuff, I managed to get some of them. For some reason, not all of my serial numbers work. I just get the invalid message, even if I bought the cd's and am using the serials that came with them.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 01:06:05 AM »
Contact Origin through live help.

They were able to add Sims 2 to my account when I had similar issues.

Offline krutt77

• Nooboo
  • You can call me Julla
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 01:16:17 AM »
Contact Origin through live help.

They were able to add Sims 2 to my account when I had similar issues.

Thank you very much, I'll do that.  :)