Author Topic: Gardening Guide  (Read 37019 times)

Offline Alourra

• Nooboo
Re: Gardening Guide
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2014, 03:33:21 PM »
I'm having a hard time finding Tulips. I've searched in 4 different neighborhoods, including near the mine behind the Landgraab's as suggested, but I haven't seen anything. Perhaps someone could spare me the motion sickness from zooming around and provide a screenshot to go off of?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2014, 07:46:07 PM »
I have updated the Gardening Guide with a much better Plant List, including base values, growth times, and icons. I am still missing fruit.. I got the smuggler mission and did not get a space plant/u.f.o. and don't yet know where to locate a bird of paradise or how you'd get a bonsai on there..

Edit: Oh yes, here's a picture of Tulips for you.. Click to enlarge. It's behind the landgraab mansion in Oasis Springs near that mine you can open with Handiness.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2014, 07:52:00 PM »
The link is broken, there's an s in .com. The UFO plant, unidentified fruit object, is the same as the "space plant" and you'll randomly get it on space missions. I've still had no luck on the last two plants and probably won't until they fix the grafting bug.

*Edit*

The new plant list looks awesome by the way!
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2014, 07:53:45 PM »
Thanks for clarifying that - I was really worried I'd have to find two space plants. Still no luck with it, though I've had the smuggler mission about 4 times.

I agree on the grafting bug thing. We are going to have to wait out a patch, so I'll move on to other things. Hopefully when I do Astronaut tomorrow I'll luck into one of those plants.

Offline Alourra

• Nooboo
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2014, 11:37:38 PM »
Thank you for the picture, but sadly there's no plant there. I made a new save game with a new neighborhood, just in case my first one was glitched or something, but it looks like it's affecting my entire game.  :(

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2014, 11:51:00 PM »
Have you actually visited the lots on more than one occasion Alourra? I think you have to visit some lots to trigger the spawn and then need to revisit them. Just scrolling and zooming in and out while your sim stands in the spot they started at isn't always enough I don't think.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Nightrowan

• Nooboo
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2014, 11:44:20 AM »
Found an onion plant behind the gym in Willow Creek.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alourra

• Nooboo
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2014, 01:08:32 PM »
Have you actually visited the lots on more than one occasion Alourra? I think you have to visit some lots to trigger the spawn and then need to revisit them. Just scrolling and zooming in and out while your sim stands in the spot they started at isn't always enough I don't think.
I sent my Sim there for a whole day, but I don't recall if I visited multiple times with the same save. I'll try that, thank you.

Offline chellwatt98

• Nooboo
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2014, 02:45:01 PM »
I got the orchid after doing either the Space Rock collection or the Post Cards.  I finished both on the same day and it came in the mail with a plaque.

I would say the space rock collection.

I completed the space rocks and 10 elements at the same time, and received the Orchid in the mail along with several elements. I had completed the 10 elements before on my other housemate only received a plaque. I am still working on my postcards.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2014, 06:32:16 PM »

That's good advice, Twinmum. Especially for when you want to find blackberries, which are slow to grow.

Also I'm 100% sure the Space Rock Collection gives the Orchid, as I got that one too. The Aliens one you'll also get while doing missions gives a plaque.

Can anyone confirm that 'The Green Man' mission, which is a lot like Star Wars - (Luke's encounter with Yoda on Dagobah), comes up if you're not in the Astronaut Career? I completed it, choosing to look in the swamp (found him berries) then took the weapon with me against his advice. Upon defeating my doppleganger, I was given a Cow Berry AND an U.F.O. Plant as a reward! Finally!! But I did over 100 missions I'd say, and didn't have this come up until I was playing an Astronaut.

Now that there are 3 plants on my list that I don't have, and 3 known combinations that don't work, I feel like I am just waiting on a patch to perfect the Gardening Guide.

I still don't know what's causing some harvestables to be higher value. Splicing didn't do anything, yet sometimes I reload a game and find my inventory full of high-value plants. I am wondering if it's not also a bug.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2014, 07:20:12 PM »
Just figured out that Produce can grow to 2.5x its base value (at perfect) and this works for ALL plants and am currently working to update the plant list accordingly.

So, what makes them better? Perhaps more time on the plant, allowing them to ripen? This is theory, but hoping someone can support it. Fertilizer didn't seem to make a difference, but maybe it speeds the rate that a perfect plant will get this multipler.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2014, 10:12:27 PM »
I just grafted a strawberry and grape.  Also did a plantain and an apple, lol.  Not sure yet what will happen, but really enjoying the gardening part of the guide.  Now I know where I can at least get a tomato and an onion.  Haven't had much luck, so thank you so much for doing a great job Carl.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2014, 11:41:58 PM »

Can anyone confirm that 'The Green Man' mission, which is a lot like Star Wars - (Luke's encounter with Yoda on Dagobah), comes up if you're not in the Astronaut Career? I completed it, choosing to look in the swamp (found him berries) then took the weapon with me against his advice. Upon defeating my doppleganger, I was given a Cow Berry AND an U.F.O. Plant as a reward! Finally!! But I did over 100 missions I'd say, and didn't have this come up until I was playing an Astronaut.

I can confirm that this does show up when you're just doing missions and not in the Astronaut career. I've gotten it about five times and haven't touched the career yet.
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2014, 09:26:14 AM »
Glad you're enjoying the Guide, Salty. I know that one will end up being the one I worked hardest on :)

I can confirm that this does show up when you're just doing missions and not in the Astronaut career. I've gotten it about five times and haven't touched the career yet.

Thanks for that. I have to wonder if the odds are boosted or I just got really lucky. It really was a huge sample size for it to start showing up now. S4PE will clear up some of these mysteries for us when I get my hands on a non-Alpha version.

Offline Alourra

• Nooboo
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2014, 08:10:33 PM »
Thank you Twinmum and Carl for the suggestions and help, the tulips eventually did spawn. :D I also found two more growing on either side of the home across from the Landgraab's as well as a cherry tree, daises, sage, carrots, and a lemon tree.

anything