Author Topic: Gardening Guide  (Read 37021 times)

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
Re: Gardening Guide
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 03:11:48 AM »
Has anyone found tomatoes yet?  Several early recipes have them for ingredients, but I have yet to find any in the wild...
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline khynnea

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 04:41:47 AM »

They look like little trash bags!  I've used them for fertilizer, but I'm not sure that's very helpful.  Come to think of it, my plants did start getting bug infestations with the option to spray for bugs after that plant arrived.  The spray takes care of it, but I think maybe I will get rid of the trash plant, or at least move it away from the others...!

Karen

Plants naturally get bugs, with or without fertilizing with trash.

The trash plants by themselves actually are quite clean and tidy, oddly. The only thing that happens is that being near them is absolutely disgusting to the sim, 'very uncomfortable' emotion, and then after tending them, they rush off to empty the trash in the house. Heh. But the bugs in the garden seems to just happen about the time gardening got high enough to spray for bugs.

I've not used them for fertilizer yet, not even for themselves. The 'ground' under the plant seems to be replaced from the trash texture after the plant either matures or evolves, to normal dirt.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 05:12:42 AM »
Is there an organic solution to getting rid of the bugs? In TS2 you could buy a ladybird house. Perhaps the trash plants attract the bugs away from the other plants?

Offline soresina

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 11:18:40 PM »
Likely need to get my Sim angry to kick over a trash can, as the option isn't available.

You don't need to knock over your trash can. I moved some trash left over from repairing my toilet out to the bin or so I thought. I actually left it in the garden and a trash plant grew from it. I did it again deliberately and it took about 5 game minutes to grow. First the pile grows smelly with the green haze, then it changes to a round mound but trashy looking and then it turns it a plant. I should think all types of garbage would work so there is no need to work up your poor sim just so he can kick over the can.

Offline IgnorantBliss

• Llama Wrangler
  • Part-time Hermit
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 12:14:59 AM »
Has anyone found tomatoes yet?  Several early recipes have them for ingredients, but I have yet to find any in the wild...

I'm curious about this, as well. On the other hand, I kind of enjoy the fact that not everything is so easy to find.

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 12:24:30 AM »

I was only able to find one spawn and it was quite the hunt for me.

Oasis Springs - Travel to the mobile home looking house, Slipshod Mesquite. If you flip your view around with the house behind you, there's a mini park all the way to the left that has planters setup in a mini community garden. You'll find one tomato plant in the one closest to the lemon tree.
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 06:13:04 AM »
I found a pomegranate!  Found while fishing in the pond in Magnolia Blossom Park in Willow Creek.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 07:18:08 AM »
I found one of the rare fruits, while i was not doing anything realated for gardening.  Hope it will help you out to finish your list Carl.

Found the rare fruit called UFO (Unidentified Fruit Object), i did a Space mission, in the rocket ship, and a alien asked for my help to smuggle his goods. As a reward for helping him he granted me the fruit.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 07:29:10 AM »
There's also the trash plant that grows from garbage.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Rekalty

• Nooboo
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2014, 08:59:10 AM »
Odd, the Plantain (Banana) Tree isn't listed under Gardening Collections...

Dellena

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2014, 12:08:46 PM »
Have you found a plantain tree to harvest in the wild?

Offline Phule

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2014, 12:09:39 PM »
I got the orchid after doing either the Space Rock collection or the Post Cards.  I finished both on the same day and it came in the mail with a plaque.

Offline Rekalty

• Nooboo
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2014, 12:42:02 PM »
Have you found a plantain tree to harvest in the wild?
Got it from a Seed Package.

Anyhow, values for Perfect produce I've gotten so far:

Rare
Blackberries: 116, 231.

Uncommon
Cherry: 63.
Lily: 18.
Rose: 20.
Tomato: 48.
Strawberry: 7, 22.
Potato: 10, 29, 42.
Pear: 58.
Onion: 58.
Tulip: 11.

Common
Parsley: 9.
Grapes: 95.
Spinach: 5.
Snapdragon: 22.
Sage: 8.
Lemon: 12, 48.
Mushroom: 4.
Basil: 5.
Apple: 37.
Daisy: 4.
Chrysanthemum: 18.
Blue Bells: 19.
Carrot: 22.

Unlisted:
Plantain: 44

I'm unsure why some produce have different values at the same quality level, maybe related to splicing, need further testing.
Edit: After another harvest, other plants changed values again... Seems more like how fast you harvest, and what condition the plants are in.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2014, 05:39:02 PM »
I'm really grateful to you guys for sharing these! I was about to start combining, as I hadn't found any more out in the world. I will try to find some of these soon based on what you've said and add them to the list.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2014, 05:53:48 PM »
Thanks for the gardening guide, Carl.

I do have a small correction for it.

First sentence after heading "Making perfect plants faster", with word to be corrected in bold.
Keep the plants you start with, and gradually evolve them by taking are of them and clicking Evolve each time it comes available.

are should be care