Author Topic: Gardening Guide  (Read 36973 times)

Offline Haka1978

• Nooboo
Re: Gardening Guide
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2014, 01:49:53 AM »
that work in both way I think

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2014, 12:00:57 PM »
Neutella tested this and all of them work both ways except the basil/sage thing. That is good, as you'd harvest more from bushes and flowers than trees!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MeesterPepper

• Nooboo
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2014, 03:20:02 AM »
Just a quick note, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned by someone else yet - I had a Sim collect all of the plants today except for the orchid, and he received in the mail the next day his gardening collection plaque and a normal-quality orchid. In the guide it lists that you got an orchid after completing the space rock collection; when I completed the space rock collection, I did not get an orchid. Is this possibly a case of mistaken cause & effect?

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2014, 05:37:58 AM »
It's possible that they changed it in the patch. Can anyone else confirm this?

Offline IgnorantBliss

• Llama Wrangler
  • Part-time Hermit
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2014, 08:03:07 AM »
The produce prices definitely seem buggy. Today I noticed the same thing as Carl about the selling of one type of produce affecting the price of another. I had some blackberries worth about 1100 simoleons a piece, but after I sold something else, they dropped to half the price. Carl, when you did the test with the apples, did you sell the previous batch before harvesting the new one? In my test I think I kept the old ones in an inventory.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2014, 10:14:19 AM »
In the guide it lists that you got an orchid after completing the space rock collection; when I completed the space rock collection, I did not get an orchid. Is this possibly a case of mistaken cause & effect?

I tested this after the patch, I did get an orchid after completing the space rock collection, but it wasn't next day.  I had to wait an extra day (so 2 days) for the orchid to arrive after completing the space rock collection.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2014, 01:18:12 PM »
The produce prices definitely seem buggy. Today I noticed the same thing as Carl about the selling of one type of produce affecting the price of another. I had some blackberries worth about 1100 simoleons a piece, but after I sold something else, they dropped to half the price. Carl, when you did the test with the apples, did you sell the previous batch before harvesting the new one? In my test I think I kept the old ones in an inventory.

I kept all the previous harvests and checked them everyday, as I was watching for some kind of ripening mechanic. Nothing of the sort was found, just the bugs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline IgnorantBliss

• Llama Wrangler
  • Part-time Hermit
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2014, 12:18:17 AM »
I kept all the previous harvests and checked them everyday, as I was watching for some kind of ripening mechanic. Nothing of the sort was found, just the bugs.

OK, so the price change in my game was then caused solely by selling some other produce in between the second and third batch. At that point I didn't yet realise the price was affected by other kinds of produce.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2014, 03:44:38 PM »
I think even travel might affect the prices! It's a zany circus, that gardening skill! At least we can make the rare plants now though.. but do expect changes, for that is very buggy and the single most profitable skill in the game - although it's not really intended to be so.

Offline Brotte

• Nooboo
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2014, 07:30:56 AM »
As far as I remember, grafting Lily & Snapdragon produces Orchids.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2014, 08:22:23 AM »
Just tested Lily + Snapdragon, yes it produces Orchid, works both way.  Thanks Brotte, Carl you will want to update this info on your gardening guide.

Offline Crow Ridge Studio

• Nooboo
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2014, 01:28:34 PM »
Hi--I discovered the other night that grafting bluebells to a strawberry, or vice versa creates grapes. I didn't see this on the guide, so I thought you might want to know. Happy Simming all!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2014, 04:07:04 PM »
Thanks! I added that combo to the Guide. I guess you might want to do that to get a better quality variant if you don't have grapes for some reason, although those do come from seed packets.

Offline MegaTank

• Nooboo
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2014, 04:11:22 PM »
Could someone explain to me what the super green thumb reward trait does? It's one of the most expensive rewards there is and the description is infuriatingly vague.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2014, 08:09:51 PM »
I believe the Reward allows you to neglect the plants for a very long time without them dying. Whether it's involved in the option to resurrect a dead plant is something I've yet to confirm, but will when I get to the Rewards page :)

anything