Author Topic: Gardening Guide  (Read 36982 times)

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
Re: Gardening Guide
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2014, 08:13:15 PM »
I was only able to find one spawn and it was quite the hunt for me.

Oasis Springs - Travel to the mobile home looking house, Slipshod Mesquite. If you flip your view around with the house behind you, there's a mini park all the way to the left that has planters setup in a mini community garden. You'll find one tomato plant in the one closest to the lemon tree.

Thanks so much, I was looking all over for one and just coming up empty!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2014, 08:22:40 PM »
Thanks for the gardening guide, Carl.

I do have a small correction for it.

First sentence after heading "Making perfect plants faster", with word to be corrected in bold.
Keep the plants you start with, and gradually evolve them by taking are of them and clicking Evolve each time it comes available.

are should be care

Thanks! Spell checkers pass those kinds of typos and my eyes go right over them sometimes..

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2014, 11:23:43 PM »
There's a guide on SimsVIP about the cow plant that has a bit of info on getting a Dragonfruit through grafting, as instructed by a SimGuru on Twitter.

http://simsvip.com/2014/09/05/guide-how-to-get-a-cow-plant-in-the-sims-4/#more-41824
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2014, 02:01:44 PM »
I noticed that apple and cherry will not allow me to graft. I suspect that might make pomegranate or something else. Additionally, the daisy + strawberry combination will not work. I had noticed at times that certain plants wouldn't let me graft others - these must be rares that are NOT in the world, yet the game is bugged and not allowing the graft to go through. It acts like it's successful in that the Sim does the animation, but the plant doesn't change and you still have the cuttings. There may be a few more combinations like this , but it's obvious I will not be getting a pomegranate through any other means than fishing. I do have a trash plant growing though, thanks guys.

Edit: Ok. Tulip and Chrysanthemum doesn't work either. I am thinking this combination might produce Orchid? Regardless, it's obvious we are not able to make new plants through grafting and have to find them in the wild for now. I will get around to making a table of perfect plants' values very soon and perhaps time how long it takes for the different types to grow (bush, flower, tree)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2014, 04:28:22 PM »
I need someone to tell me what level the Farmer Seed Packet purchases unlock, if you are leveling Gardening already. I am working on revising the list and making a table.

Never mind, just determined these give you more of what is already available in the regular seed packets.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2014, 06:05:23 PM »
Got it from a Seed Package.

Anyhow, values for Perfect produce I've gotten so far:

Rare
Blackberries: 116, 231.

Uncommon
Cherry: 63.

Lily: 18.
Rose: 20.
Tomato: 48.
Strawberry: 7, 22.
Potato: 10, 29, 42.
Pear: 58.
Onion: 58.
Tulip: 11.

Common
Parsley: 9.
Grapes: 95.
Spinach: 5.
Snapdragon: 22.
Sage: 8.
Lemon: 12, 48.
Mushroom: 4.
Basil: 5.
Apple: 37.
Daisy: 4.
Chrysanthemum: 18.
Blue Bells: 19.
Carrot: 22.

Unlisted:
Plantain: 44

I'm unsure why some produce have different values at the same quality level, maybe related to splicing, need further testing.
Edit: After another harvest, other plants changed values again... Seems more like how fast you harvest, and what condition the plants are in.

I want to thank you for providing these. There is definitely something up. I'm going to put the base values, which are static it seems (so far). I will figure it out with some testing of grafting and see if adding a high-value one to a plant will help the price of the lower-value plant. You see, my perfect Sage is only $5 without doing anything to the plant. Grapes I have seen in the hundreds are $33.

I will post the table late tonight or tomorrow. Want pretty icons on it :P I will have to get the missing plants later.

Gang we are only lacking 2 plants to know them all.. I have no idea what they could be. I will get my own U.F.O. tomorrow and try to fish around to see if dragon fruit can be acquired anywhere. I think fishing without bait would be better for that.

Offline Dulcea

• Nooboo
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2014, 06:16:25 PM »
I just wanted to let everyone know that I got a "space fruit" from exploring space using the rocket. I was able to plant it, and it counts as one of the 31 collectable plants. Hope this helps!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline khynnea

• Nooboo
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2014, 07:19:43 PM »
Sage and Basil also won't graft to one another. Don't know if this is a bug or an herb that is missing.

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2014, 07:35:01 PM »
I want to thank you for providing these. There is definitely something up. I'm going to put the base values, which are static it seems (so far). I will figure it out with some testing of grafting and see if adding a high-value one to a plant will help the price of the lower-value plant. You see, my perfect Sage is only $5 without doing anything to the plant. Grapes I have seen in the hundreds are $33.

I will post the table late tonight or tomorrow. Want pretty icons on it :P I will have to get the missing plants later.

Gang we are only lacking 2 plants to know them all.. I have no idea what they could be. I will get my own U.F.O. tomorrow and try to fish around to see if dragon fruit can be acquired anywhere. I think fishing without bait would be better for that.

From what I've been reading around the official forums and a site many people have linked there, which I'll link below. The two we're missing is bonsai and bird of paradise. I've tried letting my bonsai plant get unruly, shaped it into different types, but I can't manage to get anything from it other than what is already is. I'll give it a few more Sim days of just sitting there before messing with it again but I doubt it'll give me anything to plant. I've had no luck with finding a bird of paradise so I'd assume it's one of the ones unlocked from grafting, which as mentioned is currently bugged for finding new plants.

The dragonfruit doesn't seem to want to be fished up but, I'm also having troubles getting my last two fish to complete that collection. So I have a slight hope that it'll pop up during my outings to fish.

http://segmentnext.com/2014/09/05/the-sims-4-collectibles-guide-emotional-auras-and-how-to-find/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-sims-4-collectibles-guide-emotional-auras-and-how-to-find
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Offline Dulcea

• Nooboo
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2014, 07:53:46 PM »
Just and update on my space fruit.

This is what it looks like when first planted.

If you hover over it, it is called Intergalactic growth pod.

This is what it looks like now. I am not sure if it is full grown or not. If not it is very slow growing, as this is 6 sim days from first planting.

This is what it looks like with weeds. Also, it does not need to be watered.

Offline lilitheen

• Nooboo
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2014, 09:47:29 PM »
I received a Cowplant Berry on a rocket space exploration mission. =)

Offline khynnea

• Nooboo
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2014, 12:20:26 AM »
Cowplant berry also available in sylvan glade large body of water (not pond).

Offline Kresh

• Nooboo
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2014, 06:40:35 AM »
From reading the guide it seems like the only way to obtain plants from the wild is to cut and graft them, but it is possible to harvest from the wild too.
I didn't know about the seed packages at first, and I'm only level 2 in gardening so I cant graft yet. Instead, I've created a garden by harvesting from the wild and planting the fruits. 9 species so far, all the ones that grow around my own neighborhood.
It doesn't seem to work with plants in other neighborhoods though, or I just haven't waited long enough yet.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2014, 12:57:11 PM »
Hmm so there's an u.f.o. plant and a space plant? Thanks for sharing pics! I'm hunting this today.

Kresh, you're right. I'll make sure people are aware if you stick around you can harvest them, but with the caveat that it's faster to get perfect variants to just graft them onto an existing plant. When I'm done with updating info on grafting, it might be clear if you can say, get blackberries faster by putting them on a fast-growing tomato plant, or boost value of plants by doing it this way. I'm working on that and the Rocket Science skill today.

Sage and basil not working together is good to know. It's likely it'll give something that is at least uncommon quality, but hard to say. Given plantains aren't on the list, isn't it possible we are missing even more herbs? It's strange there are only 3 of those.

Thank you all for the advice. When I do the page on sylvan glade I'll make sure to note it's possible to fish up a cowplant berry there.

Offline khynnea

• Nooboo
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2014, 01:49:34 PM »
I've noticed the older my game gets, the plants do become harvestable (the ones I stood around and waited ALL night on many a night in a row -- having the no sleep needed reward is a boon in the game to be sure if you don't mind the lack of realism). I can't tell what week I'm in (heh) but the only thing I haven't seen go harvestable by now (we'll say 60ish hours in one game?) is blackberries.

Basically I started hunting things while my gardening was too low to take cuttings, and by the time my gardening leveled up I was able to take cuttings. I had to wait for cherry plants and tulips to mature so that I could, hanging around a few nights in a row to log play time in those lots/neighborhoods, but once I got cuttings I was only going back on dig trips and occasional "are there plants I don't know about" trips.

It was nice that the other plants (pears lemons etc) became harvestable because until my blackberries got up in quality I would havest those if I forgot to bring bait for fishing (no more popping open the fridge and rummaging while on a trip for bait if you run out, having those wild plants is handy).