Author Topic: Sims 4 Gameplay Hints and Tips  (Read 61736 times)

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
Re: Drive in theatre
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2014, 07:28:51 PM »
Can you give more detail, please?

Grab the object, then hold down shift and tap the ] key to make it larger and larger.

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
Re: Hints and Tips
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2014, 07:41:23 PM »
There's other ways to travel besides using the phone.
1) Use the mouse wheel to scroll all the way out until your cursor changes to a magnifying glass and click on it and select travel or travel with..
2) What I think is the easiest way is to click on the road and select travel or travel with..

One other way is to hit m on your keyboard and it'll bring up the neighborhood map.
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2014, 08:18:19 PM »
Use the Shift + ] cheat on a flat screen tv and you can have yourself a drive in theatre!  Very cool!  😉

I remember seeing them use that cheat in one of the videos for increasing the size of a bowl of fruit and the elephant shrub. I hadn't thought to use it on a tv to make it bigger. Cool idea, I'll have to try that when I go back in the game. 
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2014, 09:24:10 PM »
If you don't want your sim to gain weight, watch your hunger bar and don't overeat.  I find that having a quick meal (like cereal) works best, if you do cooking and make dishes, don't finish the dish in one sitting.  If you haven't finish your dish and the hunger bar is approaching full, don't finish eating it, cancel the eating action and put it away.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2014, 10:33:35 PM »
And on a totally different subject, don't hoard fish in your inventory; they go foul quickly.  Who knew?

Offline KeonaChick

• Nooboo
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2014, 11:49:42 PM »
If you leave trash on the ground outside, you get a trash fruit bush.  I have no idea what to do with it, but it gives little trash ball fruit.  You can do everything that you can normally do to a plant: fertilize, evolve, tend, etc.  So bizarre.  I don't know if I should keep it.

Dellena

« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2014, 08:15:43 AM »
You can have up to five outfits per clothing category.  At the top of the category icon you'll see an arrow which opens the additional outfits.  As posted earlier, your sim will automatically rotate through the outfits which is nice.  Something I noticed about my child.  She would always swap into the first everyday outfit before going to school.  So I've made her a school uniform for that slot.  Looks really cute!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2014, 08:42:28 PM »
If you have a sim doing a date, and you switch to another sim in the household, the first sim will lose the date, you'll lose all progress and medal points on it.
- Jessica

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2014, 10:46:13 PM »
After a sim repairs a broken item it leaves a pile on the floor you can search for parts and afterwards you normally throw the rest of the pile away.
But if your sim is in a playful mood they can play in the pile which makes them jump up and down it and kick it around some which will make a new pile they can search for parts again. Then you can play in that pile and search again. You can keep doing this and get a nice collection of parts in a short time.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2014, 01:10:56 AM »
After a sim repairs a broken item it leaves a pile on the floor you can search for parts and afterwards you normally throw the rest of the pile away.
But if your sim is in a playful mood they can play in the pile which makes them jump up and down it and kick it around some which will make a new pile they can search for parts again. Then you can play in that pile and search again. You can keep doing this and get a nice collection of parts in a short time.

That is a great tip - thanks :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2014, 01:24:56 AM »
Grab the object, then hold down shift and tap the ] key to make it larger and larger.

Maybe I don't have the right television.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2014, 03:31:11 AM »
If anyone finds the game appearing to lock up immediately after queuing up an action, this has happened to me several times. By hitting alt-tab, and then going back to the game, I find the game menu open for some reason, simply close it and go on with my game. Not sure what the deal is, but if you've been force-closing your game when it locks up, give that a try; it might not actually be locked up at all.

Goat

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2014, 11:51:18 AM »

You can breed frogs when they're in your inventory and get a new specie.
I'm still playing around to see how many different species you can get.

You can only breed one pair of frogs once a Sim day, and only when they're in your Sims inventory.

Screenshots can be saved as memories.
Open up your camera control panel in the upper right corner, click on the small icon saying screenshots. The new window will open up with your active Sims memories, in the lower left corner switch to screenshots.
Pick a screenshot and save it as a memory. Go back to your Sims memory and in the upper left corner there's a drop down box , click and choose what emotion you will save the memory as. In the same window you are now able to choose to reminisce about that memory. When doing so , it will be added to your sims que. When your Sim is done reminiscing about that memory , it will give a mood boost to what ever mood you've saved that memory as.

For instance : Saving a memory as a happy memory gives a +1 happy mood boost for 4 hours.

I hope I remembered everything right, but will double check later.
Still need to try out the other mood memories.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2014, 01:46:59 PM »
If you right click while holding an object, it will rotate clockwise.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2014, 05:07:28 PM »
Don't make the mistake of having the wrong Sim blow out birthday candles, it will age them up even if it isn't anywhere close to their birthday.  I now have an elder that was supposed to be an adult for quite a marrying and having a family.