Author Topic: Sims 4 Gameplay Hints and Tips  (Read 61738 times)

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Re: Hints and Tips
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2014, 03:08:04 AM »
Cool :) at least it makes sense - who in their right mind throws away thousands of dollars worth of metal or gems? Or a 10k set of virtual goggles?

Offline Tenderroast

• Nooboo
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2014, 06:01:44 AM »
Shortcut key to change sims = Space bar.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2014, 07:23:58 AM »
For Simmers who adore gardening and cooking, it's best to resist the urge to cook gourmet items with garden produce until said produce has evolved to at least Nice quality.  You can still get a tasty fruit and yogurt parfait or spinach frittata by unchecking the "Use Fresh Ingredients" checkbox.  Cooking with substandard produce causes a nasty "Uncomfortable" moodlet.  Please don't ask how I found out.

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2014, 11:37:17 AM »

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2014, 12:32:49 PM »
I need my sims child to get focused for school. Does anyone know how? I can't get him past a C and after 8 sim days it's getting annoying. I googled it, but no one can tell me. It's probably somthing really easy...

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2014, 12:53:01 PM »
I need my sims child to get focused for school. Does anyone know how? I can't get him past a C and after 8 sim days it's getting annoying. I googled it, but no one can tell me. It's probably somthing really easy...

This isn't a hint or tip. I suggest you look into the emotions thread or start a new thread (under emotions board) for a question like this.

Emotions Thread:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20961.0.html

Emotions Board:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/board,72.0.html

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2014, 01:12:38 PM »

I think this thread would be of use, it lists what items influence certain emotions (though is still a work in progress at the moment).

Studying a book or browsing SimPedia on the web both seem to get a Sim focused.
Hi!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2014, 01:16:21 PM »
Re-garding Baby Chimes: *

They are gone. They removed them in favor of the pregnancy test. So now you have two options: pregnancy test or waiting.

Pregnancy Test: Pay $15. If your sim is preggers, her belly will pop into the first trimester and she'll get the eating for two moodlet/buff.

Wait: If your sim is preggers & you didn't take the test, her belly should pop into the first trimester in a day.

* Feel free to correct me or add anything as I don't actually have the game. These are things I've noticed through live streams, Let's Plays and forums. I hope this helps.  :)

Offline Bakta

• Nooboo
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2014, 02:04:43 PM »
Yeah I've got that but I want to do it with the mouse, like in 3 :)

Select the object (L-click) then use R-Click to rotate it. Each R-cvlick will make it turn 45% not sure if clockwise or counterclockwise.

Tip:
If you go secret agent branch, the Browse Intelligence database interaction won't appear if you're using a tablet. I had to sell it and buy a 'real' computer.

hth

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2014, 02:24:00 PM »
Select the object (L-click) then use R-Click to rotate it. Each R-cvlick will make it turn 45% not sure if clockwise or counterclockwise.

THANK YOU! I kept reading the instructions elsewhere as Right click and DRAG. It's just RIGHT CLICK. I feel stupid. But now it works :)
- Jessica

Offline Scume

• Nooboo
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2014, 03:07:13 PM »
The Rewards that slow decay on a need are all pretty powerful, but Never Weary literally means no decay on energy. It's pretty overpowered.

Kitchens, Computers (for writing), Easels,  and Instruments can all be shoved in one room if you're tight on money and want the Inspiration+ aura to buff them.

Easiest way to farm rewards points that I've found is to stick a shower (for brisk showers), a computer (for work-out research) and your exercise equipment in one area. Also decorate it and throw some crystals on the floor (or any other energizing decor). Get energized and reroll any Whims that aren't work out related or involve a gym.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2014, 03:14:50 PM »
There's other ways to travel besides using the phone.
1) Use the mouse wheel to scroll all the way out until your cursor changes to a magnifying glass and click on it and select travel or travel with..
2) What I think is the easiest way is to click on the road and select travel or travel with..

A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
Drive in theatre
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2014, 03:44:40 PM »
Use the Shift + ] cheat on a flat screen tv and you can have yourself a drive in theatre!  Very cool!  😉

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Drive in theatre
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2014, 06:41:34 PM »
Use the Shift + ] cheat on a flat screen tv and you can have yourself a drive in theatre!  Very cool!  😉

Can you give more detail, please?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Hints and Tips - Game Settings Tip:
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2014, 07:25:04 PM »
Game Settings Tip: By Jessirose

If anyone else has the blurry problem, in the game settings, uncheck "Post Processing Effects". That fixed it for me. I was able to put it on the higher settings and just uncheck that and it looks good now.

-- Reference Link:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20450.msg382947.html#msg382947
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *