Author Topic: Sims 4 Gameplay Hints and Tips  (Read 61735 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Hints and Tips
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2014, 01:36:03 PM »
In CAS, you can give your sim as many as 5 different outfits in each category. There's a little triangle at the top of the icon (above the soccer ball for athletic, for example) that you click on to get the extra options.
Now, here's the cool thing -- your sim will select something from those 5 options autonomously.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2014, 01:49:55 PM »
Now, here's the cool thing -- your sim will select something from those 5 options autonomously.
That's the best part :)
- Jessica

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2014, 03:08:00 PM »
Is it possible to sticky this post while the guide is under development?  I found a lot of really helpful info in here and I think it would be good to make sure it stays near the top of the board.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2014, 03:16:23 PM »
Done, this post is stickied.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2014, 04:08:00 PM »
Look at your sims pic at the bottom while they are at work. On their picture, on the left of it, are two little icons, the top one is of 2 people and the bottom one is a briefcase. Click on the top people one and it will pull up the radial options for what they do at work.

Thank you! I got it to work.

Interesting how in this version, socializing and skilling at work causes your performance to lower, unlike in Sims 3. Much more realistic. Get back to work, sims!

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2014, 04:08:31 PM »
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet (I didn't read the share your opinion/gameplay thread), but when my sims Tried For Baby there weren't any chimes.  Then when my girl sim needed to pee, I clicked on the toilet and it had an option to "Take Pregnancy Test $15).  I only had them try twice, so I'm not sure if chimes are a thing of the past, or if mine just didn't have it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2014, 04:16:39 PM »
I haven't heard chimes in four kids. Must be a thing of the past.

Offline simchuff

• Origin ID: chuffman86
  • Llama Wrangler
  • You can call me Corey :)
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2014, 04:28:10 PM »
No chimes for my sims either, just the pregnancy test

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2014, 04:28:19 PM »
Just like in Sims 3, Tab enters a UI free camera mode for good screenshots. The awesome part is it now removes thought bubbles. I always hated having the bubbles in my screenshots. So now you can have two types of shots, UI and UI free.  TAB mode does not remove the plumbomb.

Example:

- Jessica

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2014, 04:29:54 PM »
The awesome part is it now removes thought bubbles. I always hated having the bubbles in my screenshots. So now you can have two types of shots, UI and UI free.  TAB mode does not remove the plumbomb.

Super cool - but you would think they removed the plumbob too - weird.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2014, 04:31:16 PM »

Super cool - but you would think they removed the plumbob too - weird.

Yeah that bugs me, maybe they'll fix it.
- Jessica

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2014, 04:36:23 PM »
Edge Scrolling:  If you are having trouble scrolling down with the mouse, but can scroll the other directions, you are probably bringing your mouse down too far.  You have to leave the mouse above the UI's white bar and your mouse will turn to a magnifier if you are in the right spot.

Another way to move the camera about is to hold down the left mouse button anywhere on the ground and drag the screen up/down/sideways.  It reminds me of dragging an image or reading something on a tablet screen.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2014, 11:42:20 PM »
I didn't see this asked or mentioned at all - do kids auto age up? I got the notice it was her birthday bit she's still just chillin' in her bassinet. I'm trying to just let things play out to see how it all functions but not sure if this is a glitch or if I need to tell the baby to age up, despite being told it was her birthday.

Overall liking Sims 4, a lot of things I miss too and things I am still trying to get used to. No newspapers! I always cancelled it anyway, but still! lol!

Kerry

This isn't a hint or tip. I suggest you start a new thread for a question like this.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2014, 02:52:35 AM »
You can rummage through the trash cans out in the world. Doing so seems to just make a pile on the ground you can search for parts to do upgrades with. I've only rummaged a few trash cans in one of the parks and have gotten common parts and plumbing parts so far. But nothing of value like you could in The Sims 3 yet.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

anything