Author Topic: Sims 4 Gameplay Hints and Tips  (Read 61737 times)

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
Re: Hints and Tips
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2014, 09:12:29 PM »
I am sure I read it somewhere or seen it on a video but for the love of me I can't not find it again, even through research. Can someone tell me how to move an object 1/4 grid. I want to move a table closer to the sofa. I taught I could do this. Can it be done?

If you press and hold alt, you can move an object freely.

F5 also works for switching between 1/4 and 1/2 tile placement for objects.
Hi!

Offline ChowFatt

• Nooboo
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2014, 11:37:17 PM »
You can rummage in litter bins? You live - you learn... (should have thought to check this out myself but there is so much new stuff I am getting side tracked all the time...)

You said it...there are lots of little things to find all over this game. So many of them are just buried below the surface but can be easily found with just a little digging. Very cool. And a postcard from Appaloosa Plains? Very nice touch of nostalgia.
PC-Load Letter! What the...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2014, 07:43:42 AM »
If you change aspirations, and you've already reached some of the mini-goals, you get award the happiness points for them (so many points to be earned just by becoming an adult! :D )

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2014, 04:22:46 AM »
The health potions that children make using the Junior Wizard Starter Set can be drunk by any aged sims and they fill up the Hunger needs bar in about 2 sim seconds. Great for getting to work on time, or taking with you when at the gym or hidden lots etc.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2014, 10:10:01 AM »
Your child sim will gain mental skill while doing extra credit homework. Also, dancing to the radio raises motor skill for children.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2014, 12:10:43 PM »
For things like 'Help with homework', work for extra credit also counts as homework if you miss the window. And for helping multiple times you can cancel and do it again immediately.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2014, 08:15:12 PM »
Work on more than one aspiration at a time. I'm always switching aspirations according to what I have my sim doing at the time. If I have him workout I go the Body Building aspiration, When fishing I switch to the Angling Ace, when writing switch to Bestselling Author and so on. That way no matter what I have him doing he's always working and getting credit on an aspiraton.
When I first started I only worked on one until it was finished until I figured you could keep switching it around and it keeps track of what you've done on them and can pick up where you left off when you switched.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2014, 08:35:59 PM »
If you're working on the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration for a child, the requirement to play on a gym while feeling playful cannot be satisfied with the monkey bars but with the pirate ship or spaceship.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Dellena

« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2014, 02:04:32 AM »
I know it's been covered previously on how to setup up to 5 outfits per clothing category.  Also, children and teens will always swap to the #1 everyday outfit before going to school so I set up that slot with their school uniform.  Adults will also do this untill they get high enough in their career to gain a work outfit.  I love the autonmous switching of the outfits.  I've set up multiple workout outfits and love seeing which one they switch to when I have them workout.

Offline billythegreat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2014, 02:40:38 AM »
I found it the hard way, if you want to complete both master chef and mixologist  aspirations, do mixologist first. On master mixologist is required to reach rank 7 culinary career on mixologist branch and on master chef aspiration you can complete it with rank 5 before branching. Or if you do master chef aspiration first quit job after reaching rank 5 and passed the milestone ( or do not promote in the chef branch).

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2014, 06:34:15 AM »
Have no bin? Fear not! You can drag your trash to a nearby community bin from your home lot!

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2014, 07:04:45 AM »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not but if you max out your Charisma skill, you can negotiate a pay rise as you progress through your career... Just click on the phone, and at the top of the list it should say Negotiate a bonus: *career name* see pic for info.

Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2014, 08:07:17 AM »
Another thing I've found is that if your sim is not working and your not interested in working on the friendships for a few days, you can just have your sim (household needs disabled) start reading skill book 1 and leave them be, after a few days (depending on your traits) you will get to level 10 of whatever skill you are currently reading, without having to pay for books 2 and 3.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2014, 02:47:26 PM »
Have no bin? Fear not! You can drag your trash to a nearby community bin from your home lot!

What?! Very handy...

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2014, 04:11:25 PM »
Learn your 60 (Or 6) times tables. I've noticed that when you draw a wall, it doesn't tell you how long you've made the wall. This is a bit irritating. Each wall tile costs 60 simoleons.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.