Author Topic: The Sims 4 Origin Pre-Load  (Read 6056 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Sims 4 Origin Pre-Load
« on: August 23, 2014, 03:56:38 PM »
One thing you may not be aware of, if you pre-order a game digitally via Origin, you can Pre-Load it a couple days before the 'official' release date.  This isn't an entirely full download,  but you can get a good percentage of the game before the release date. 

Obviously, you still won't be able to play it before the official release date.

SimsVIP has a great article here about it:
http://simsvip.com/2014/06/16/the-sims-4-origin-pre-load-set-for-august-29th/

The official Pre-Load date for the US release is:
Digital pre-load on Origin begins August 29th at 10am Pacific, 12pm Central, and 1pm Eastern.

Also, if you are curious about EA's official Pre-Load information, you can find it here:
Origin Pre-Load FAQ

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: The Sims 4 Origin Pre-Load
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 03:55:14 PM »
Has anyone actually done the pre-load?  My Sims 4 edition in Origin is still "grayed out" but it says the preload is available at 1pm (it's 3:55 ET).  I'm hoping that they mean 1pm PT...lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 04:00:51 PM »
Yes. I'm preloading now. Origin updated when I first opened it, and the game appeared as any other. It happened to charge my credit card for the game yesterday, so maybe that cleared me to do so?

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 04:08:50 PM »
Thanks, but I figured out my problem...helps to check your email and find out that the credit card used to purchase the game is now expired...lol.  Now I just have to wait for them to process my order after giving them the new information.

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 04:35:49 PM »
Pre ordered from Origin. Was also available to download today at 1 PM. It required 8.55 GB of space. It took 2 hours to Download but is now done. Of course, it is gray out and you cannot play the game. I am wondering if it downloaded the whole game or just a part of it. If it is a partial download, will  the rest be downloaded on Sept 2?

Just read links posted by Bri (SimsVIP and Origin FAQ). I found it a bit vague and confusing. If I understood right, today was only a percentage of the whole base game. On Sept 2nd there will be more downloading, decrypting, and installing??. I am sure that when i get there it would be easy. And it did answer my question.
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 04:56:20 PM »
I think most, if not all of it downloaded, but we just can't install it until Tuesday.  I secretly hoped EA did it wrong and it would install today too. :)   It's torturing me to know it's there, but not touchable.

Dellena

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 06:11:42 PM »
The game requires 9 GB of space.  So you probably got most of it.  This is a common method of pre-release downloading.  World of Warcraft has been doing it for a long time now so that on release day, people only have to download a tiny bit.  They also phase the pre-downloads so not everyone is trying to get it at the same time.  Seems fairly efficient.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 06:48:53 PM »
I got 100% downloaded, but it quit while installing, and went to being grayed out again. Looking forward to Tuesday!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 06:49:52 PM »
Downloaded :)
- Jessica

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 07:08:43 AM »
SimsVip is reporting that some people are having problems with the pre-load. Here's the article: http://simsvip.com/2014/08/30/the-sims-4-order-cancellations-by-origin/
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline JuneBrown

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 07:35:20 AM »
Okay, I just want to make sure that Carl, et. al., got their commission.  I clicked through the Sims 3 Games link to origin, and it only went to the Sims 3 Store, but I bought Sims 4 through that specific link from a banner at the top of the origin page.  Did Carl get his commission regardless of what I bought on Origin?  I know it says "any game", but I'll gladly donate to the site if he didn't get his commission.  :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 10:36:05 PM »
I have gone back and forth whether to buy the digital or not and when I read the problems some people were having, I decided not to.  Then I thought, well, be my luck, I will get out of work too late to go by target.  So I bit the bullet, held my breath and started the preload from origin and now it is preloading, yay.  Guess I know what I will be doing early Tuesday morning, lol.  I don't think I will play at midnight, but I know I will be up bright and early Tuesday, lol.

Edit:  Well, that is just mean.  Desktop icon for sims4 is there, lol.  Now the waiting and waiting.  Think I will take a nap, so I can play at midnight. ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 01:53:50 PM »
Yay, Sweden (and I think the UK) can now pre-download their game. I had been a bit nervous since some people reported problems with the download, but it went of without a hitch for me.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 06:10:06 PM »
I wonder how many people will be playing at midnight.  It will be fun to see families with children in the libary.  I ordered a physical disk that should arrive tomorrow.  I probably won't be able to play it until late in the evening.  I am so excited. :)

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2014, 08:53:54 PM »
I wonder how many people will be playing at midnight.  It will be fun to see families with children in the libary.  I ordered a physical disk that should arrive tomorrow.  I probably won't be able to play it until late in the evening.  I am so excited. :)
I will definitely be playing at midnight.  ;D