Author Topic: Sims reacting very slowly  (Read 6248 times)

Offline Shaani

• Nooboo
Sims reacting very slowly
« on: August 08, 2014, 01:46:24 PM »
My game ran just fine for ages, but recently there's been a strange problem.  It's effecting multiple games in different neighborhoods, and I don't know how to fix it.

It takes my Sims a long time to actually do anything.  The game doesn't completely hang, but it takes them forever to actually respond to orders.  My sim is standing outside her modest, one-story house.  I tell her to go inside and pet her cat.  By the time she stops standing around, pausing mid-step, reaching the cat, posing (because she's artistic), and says she can't find a path to the cat, more than four in-game hours have gone by.  The game is achingly slow to play, even on ultra-speed.

I've already tried clearing the cache.  I don't know where to go from here.

Offline Shaani

• Nooboo
Re: Sims reacting very slowly
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 06:18:40 PM »
A combination of NRass mods fixed the issue!  Game is still slow, but it is back to being bearably slow!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 06:39:08 PM »
Hi Shaani,

How old is your save game (sim weeks/days)? Have you tried a new sim in a new world?

If it's an older saved game you're playing, do a test game. Save a copy of your Sim family. Create a new game. Then play that family for awhile to see if it lags. If it still lags, then we need to dig deeper. But if it works better then it sounds like your game maybe getting to big. Best suggestion I've found is to save back a copy of the family in house and start a new game with them.

After awhile of playing Sims, in-game time and real time wise. Things can go wonky within the game and it's just best to give it a new start.

Something else you may try is going over your family's inventory and their personal inventories to get rid of some of their stuff. Stuffed inventories causes lag as well.

Or Try resetting the whole town, in Edit Town mode - Press Shift-Ctrl-C keys together to bring up cheat console and then type in resetsim *

For individual Sims - resetsim FirstName LastName

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Fashionsimm

• Llama Wrangler
  • Billion Dollar Baby
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 01:03:22 PM »
Oh, I had this exact same problem. If you have Lunar Lakes, go into the launcher and find the tree of prosperity and uninstall it.

Hope I helped :)
Bl♡e Haired Diva
-------------------
Wang Legacy Challenge
Must haves (TS4):Vampires, City Living