Author Topic: Can Romantic Interest go away like Distant Friends?  (Read 6280 times)

Offline strongsoylatte

• Llama Wrangler
Can Romantic Interest go away like Distant Friends?
« on: August 05, 2014, 11:09:31 AM »
One of my sims has this Romantic Interest from when she was in University. After she went back to her town, they never interacted again. Not even using text. Now she's engaged but the guy from University still shows up as her Romantic Interest in the relationships panel. Plus she has a Naughty reputation and that Romantic Interest is listed as her longest relationship. And when she interacts with her Fiance, the Confess to Cheating option is always there. If I ignore that Romantic Relationship, will it just go away eventually like when Friends become Distant Friends? Or do I have to Invite him over and break up or something? (Is break up even an option for Romantic Interest?)

Danielle Haydis

Re: Can Romantic Interest go away like Distant Friends?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 11:11:59 AM »
Unfortunately, no, it doesn't decay. But there is an option to Ask to Just Be Friends under the Mean interactions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 09:50:33 PM »
You can also purchase the Clean Slate happiness reward.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline strongsoylatte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 11:54:56 PM »
You can also purchase the Clean Slate happiness reward.
Unfortunately, no, it doesn't decay. But there is an option to Ask to Just Be Friends under the Mean interactions.

If I do those, will the Naughty reputation also be removed?

With the Clean Slate, that wouldn't affect the current engagement right?

Offline Kathykins

• Llama Wrangler
    • S & M Builders (TS1)
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:39:41 AM »
The reputation will be removed, I have used Clean Slate a couple of times myself. As for the current relationship I'm not sure, but I think it will be wiped as well. You might have to build the romance up again, which shouldn't take long if they are otherwise on good terms with eachother.
I wake up every day planning to be productive, but a voice in my head says 'hahaha good one' and we laugh and laugh and take a nap.

Offline strongsoylatte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 05:09:18 AM »
The reputation will be removed, I have used Clean Slate a couple of times myself. As for the current relationship I'm not sure, but I think it will be wiped as well. You might have to build the romance up again, which shouldn't take long if they are otherwise on good terms with eachother.

I think the Ask to Just Be Friends would be a safer bet then since this sim is already engaged to someone and I'm just waiting till it's summer again to have the wedding. Thanks!

anything