Author Topic: The Sims 4 PC Requirements  (Read 32749 times)

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 PC Requirements
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 06:26:01 PM »
It entirely depends on the graphics card in your system, but you will likely be ok. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2014, 06:56:36 PM »
I'm really nervous about my computer. I bought it in 2009 and so far it works great and is compatible and plays sims 2 with no problem and plays sims 3 with a little lag but not unplayable. However, my graphics card went kapoot with Pets, so I bought a new one, hopefully it is compatible with sims 4. It's an AMD Radeon HD 6500 series.

Esther, someone on the official forum posted a list of all the graphics cards that they got from the game. Anyway, your AMD Radeon HD 6500 is supported, and should be okay for medium graphics and medium resolution.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 07:00:36 PM »
looks like I'm still above the recommended system requirements ^^ I upgraded my pc like a month ago, so I'm happy about that.

Although I always think those requirements are a bit unclear. I mean a core i5 isn't very specific. there are a lot of different CPU's in that category. But besides that it's clear to me.

I just wonder how the performance will be when they release expansion packs and such.

Offline limsielou

• Nooboo
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 03:13:21 PM »
Hi, I'm considering getting the Sims 4 but I'm worried about my PC. It runs Sims 3 fine on medium settings (I have nearly all expansions and a lot of stuff packs) so I assumed it would run Sims 4 fine too since it had lower-end machines in mind. I checked on couple of websites that show I either just scrape by on the minimum requirements (or even a little under on the graphics card). I have played the Sims 3 on a PC which just had minimum requirements and it was painful even on low settings and don't want this to happen again. My question is basically this, is anyone playing Sims 4 on a PC/laptop which just meets the minimum requirements and if so, how is it running - do you have problems with lag, graphics, any crashes etc? My specs are: Intel Core 2 duo E6550 2.33ghz, 4GB RAM and my graphics card is AMD Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT.  I'd like to get the new game now and discover it with everyone else but I'm not sure if it would be better to wait until I can upgrade my PC? Any help would be appreciated, thank you:-)

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 10:33:56 PM »
According to Game Debate, your system will run Sims 4 on medium settings with a 1280x1024 resolution.

If you can let me know what screen resolution you want to use, I can get a more accurate prediction for you. :)

Offline limsielou

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2014, 10:43:36 PM »
That's great, thank you! My screen resolution is 1280x1024.