Author Topic: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo  (Read 49072 times)

Naria

Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo
« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2014, 07:28:22 PM »
I can see myself needing mods to expand the sliders... especially for the mouth width. I haven't checked the list of sliders that we have, but I feel like there are less than we had before for the face. I didn't find the concept too hard to grasp, though. To me they are still sliders.

I get really frustrated with the noses and jaws, for sure. I really wish you could move up/down just the tip of the nose but it doesn't seem to be an option. Of course, not a modder, and it seems like messing around with CAS might be hard.

Dellena

« Reply #166 on: August 31, 2014, 02:01:22 AM »
Try this for the tip of the nose.  While on the face, but NOT in detail mode, put your cursor at the top of the nose between the eyes.  You should see the cursor change to the circle one.  The drag.  Sometimes I have to fool with it a bit and the tilting of the tip of the nose is subtle.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #167 on: August 31, 2014, 08:28:51 AM »
Seems I keep learning something new with the demo. I didn't realize until yesterday if you put your mouse over the nostril openings you can change the size of those also making the holes bigger or smaller.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Naria

« Reply #168 on: August 31, 2014, 10:53:42 AM »
Try this for the tip of the nose.  While on the face, but NOT in detail mode, put your cursor at the top of the nose between the eyes.  You should see the cursor change to the circle one.  The drag.  Sometimes I have to fool with it a bit and the tilting of the tip of the nose is subtle.

The one that manipulates the bridge of the nose shape? Yeah, that's what I usually fool around with for a while, it'd just be nice to have the extra control of the tip of the nose. I guess I am used to so many extra sliders  ;)

Dellena

« Reply #169 on: August 31, 2014, 01:23:52 PM »
The one that manipulates the bridge of the nose shape? Yeah, that's what I usually fool around with for a while, it'd just be nice to have the extra control of the tip of the nose. I guess I am used to so many extra sliders  ;)

No, that one would show the cross shaped cursor.  This one is the circle cursor and controls the tilt of the nose.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #170 on: August 31, 2014, 03:35:57 PM »
So, I have been playing around in the demo trying to do a simself. It's hard, very hard, much harder than making a sims you like. I find myself getting frustrated by not being able to use the right shade of hair or eyes. But whatever! I think this sim is way prettier than me, but since asymmetrical facial features aren't possible yet this is the way it has to be. Also, eye lashes - I miss you so much. I think it's very annoying that we aren't able to add eyelashes after the eyeshape has been decided...

I really want the full game to be out soon. I need more choice in clothes. I actually think that the men have a better variety than the women in the demo - or maybe that is because men always had less in the previous games, so we are wowed by the new equality??

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #171 on: August 31, 2014, 03:50:44 PM »
Such a lovely simself Salt!  I think she definitely deserves to be your new avatar  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #172 on: August 31, 2014, 04:06:53 PM »
I agree , she looks amazing . I did my simself but have no idea how to use it as my avatar yet . Maybe it'll only be available when we have the game itself . I agree with grimsoul , almost everytime I go into the demo I end up discovering something new .

I noticed this morning that I had been charged for my Sims4 game . I went and checked and it showed it having left on the 28th by post . I just finished tracking it and it's half way here so with luck I should have it by Tuesday . Fingers crossed .  ;)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #173 on: August 31, 2014, 04:21:16 PM »
I agree , she looks amazing . I did my simself but have no idea how to use it as my avatar yet . Maybe it'll only be available when we have the game itself . I agree with grimsoul , almost everytime I go into the demo I end up discovering something new .

I noticed this morning that I had been charged for my Sims4 game . I went and checked and it showed it having left on the 28th by post . I just finished tracking it and it's half way here so with luck I should have it by Tuesday . Fingers crossed .  ;)

Thank you so much! I'd love to see pictures of other peoples simselfs. I had a super hard time picking traits and the aspiration - none fit me to a tee...

I don't know how to do the avatar thing either, I will probably wait a while to figure it out once the game is here.

Hope you get it on time. I read that the people who had trouble pre-loading the game mostly did so because they didn't know they would be charged earlier than the 2nd and so didn't have enough on their account. My account hasn't been charged yet but I don't get to pre-lode till tomorrow, so maybe I will get that done after work tomorrow.

Such a lovely simself Salt!  I think she definitely deserves to be your new avatar  ;)

Thanks! I think I learnt more about the mechanics of CAS when doing this simself than when just making cool looking sims. When you have to make a sims who looks a particular way, you try to utilize the game in a different way.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: August 31, 2014, 04:24:31 PM »
@Saltpastillen, what a pretty sim. Wow, she looks great!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: August 31, 2014, 04:26:51 PM »
@Saltpastillen, what a pretty sim. Wow, she looks great!

Thanks, she only took me like 3 hours   ::)

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #176 on: August 31, 2014, 11:25:39 PM »
I've had some surprising results flipping the genders from Sims I've gotten off of the exchange.  Do a little nudge here and there with the cursors to fix a few geometry issues and play with the coloration for a whole new riff on a look.  There are also some incredibly talented simmers out there that once you pull the CC off of the download and use the base setting, some really beautiful (and accurate!) famous faces.  I did a tweak job on an Elsa from Frozen that was heavily CC'd, but now still has her very Disney face, but is CC free.  I do like that the original simmer is still credited too, keeps the real credit where it's due.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2014, 12:47:52 AM »
All the sims I made with the demo isn't showing up in the game when I go the to gallery. Weather I check My Gallery or search for sims I shared.
But I can start the demo and check the galley from there and they show up. It's like the two galleries are different. 

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2014, 12:49:32 AM »
What if you copy the files from the tray folder in the CAS demo, and place them in the corresponding folder for The Sims 4? If they are stored in separate folders they won't show up.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2014, 04:24:34 AM »
What if you copy the files from the tray folder in the CAS demo, and place them in the corresponding folder for The Sims 4? If they are stored in separate folders they won't show up.

Yep, That's what I needed to do. :)

anything