Author Topic: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo  (Read 49059 times)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2014, 06:51:38 AM »
Something I've been wondering , if I use #carlsguide for all my creations , are they also available for everyone in the gallery or just our forum ?
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2014, 07:17:55 AM »
They're available to everyone but since everything in the gallery gets buried very quickly, really only people who use our hashtag will be able to find the creations easily.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2014, 07:20:26 AM »
Everyone.  Hashtags are just a means of adding a search term to your descriptions.  For instance, if they were to do a challenge here regarding creations, they might ask you to use a hashtag like #CG4Challenge1 - that would denote Carl's Guide for Sims 4, Challenge #1.  It would make it easy, though, for the challenge creator(s) to find the appropriate entries.  But again, it's just a search term.  Another example - I've added #dellena to many of my recent creations.  Because people know me as Dellena here on the forums and then they don't necessarily need to know my origin ID.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2014, 08:33:23 AM »
Thanks ! That's what I thought but wasn't sure . That's a great idea Dellena , I might just use that as well from now on .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2014, 11:20:58 AM »
Has anyone else have problems accessing the community in the Gallery ? I haven't been able to for several days now . None of the # are working . I get the message " No Results Found " . I can only access my own library . I would like to be able to see what others have created .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
Has anyone else have problems accessing the community in the Gallery ? I haven't been able to for several days now . None of the # are working . I get the message " No Results Found " . I can only access my own library . I would like to be able to see what others have created .

Do you have the "all" button activated? I had the same problem in the beginning when I had "Maxis" activated. You change that in the upper left corner.

Dellena

« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2014, 11:35:40 AM »
The last update seems to have set the default category on the upper left to Maxis.  Switch it to All.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2014, 11:57:59 AM »
Something I have been missing in the demo and hope we get in the real game is traits randomization. I have come to realize I use it A LOT in the sims 3 just from having a hard time to choose the traits when making sims in the demo.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2014, 12:07:09 PM »
I'll go and have a look at what is selected . I haven't touched it so maybe with the update that it got switched .

Edit - That's exactly what had happened . It was on Maxis and not on All . Somehow it got switched , maybe with the new update . Thanks so much for your help !  ;D
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2014, 12:37:38 AM »
Something I have been missing in the demo and hope we get in the real game is traits randomization. I have come to realize I use it A LOT in the sims 3 just from having a hard time to choose the traits when making sims in the demo.

I can't remember where, but I know that one of the simgurus said that the are not randomizing the traits as they want you to think about what kind of sim you make because of how important the traits are in the emotional game play.  ::)

There's a little bit about this here:
http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/traits-depth-look/#more-1123
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2014, 02:39:09 AM »
Aw, that's a shame. But I can understand if they did it with a reason. I think I will use random.org until a traits calculator as been created then...

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2014, 04:37:24 AM »
I played around with the Sims demo finally, to get some hand on feel for the game.  I didn't find it quite as easy as it's advertised to be, but after a while I was able to make a few sims that I felt passed muster and shared a cute trio of ladies on the Carlsguide hashtag so if you ever need a determined musical prodigy, an outgoing bartender or love-em and leave em type with high quality tastes, look up the Starfalls!  My origin name is the same, MissTrips.
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Dellena

« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2014, 05:29:00 AM »
The new CAS definitely has a learning curve.  Keep working with it and play with everything you can find to manipulate.  I think that's the easiest way to learn it.  Also, I generally will use the preset chins, jaws, cheeks, etc. to get the general look right, and then I start fine tuning with the push/pull.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2014, 05:52:57 AM »
The new CAS definitely has a learning curve.  Keep working with it and play with everything you can find to manipulate.  I think that's the easiest way to learn it.  Also, I generally will use the preset chins, jaws, cheeks, etc. to get the general look right, and then I start fine tuning with the push/pull.

I agree it has a learning curve, and the presets are really good this time around. There are plenty of presets that aren't hideous and still give a lot of variety.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2014, 07:20:13 PM »
I can see myself needing mods to expand the sliders... especially for the mouth width. I haven't checked the list of sliders that we have, but I feel like there are less than we had before for the face. I didn't find the concept too hard to grasp, though. To me they are still sliders.

anything