Author Topic: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo  (Read 49083 times)

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2014, 03:02:46 AM »
Here's my version of Rose Tyler from Doctor Who. This was actually one of the first Sims I made in the CAS demo. I'm pretty pleased with how she came out. I've been having a blast making other sims in the demo. I've tagged mine with #carlsguide and #charzof (my Origin username) for easy searching.

Offline DarDev

• Nooboo
« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2014, 07:33:56 AM »
Hi ! My first post here (and a long one !!)
I post it on Mod the sims forum too

I'm french, and my english speaking is not so good, so I made it with gogol translator. I know how is sometime funny to read this kind of translation, so tell me if I can correct some words

Direct body modification is user friendly and funny, but you cant see the whole possibility of the engine...

First of all, there are three levels of assets based details zoom. Each with its own control areas. For each area there may be several settings depending on the direction of movement of the mouse (the cursor shape is an index of possibilities) and the point of view that we have the sim. By default, the manipulations that are listed in the sim face and movements are recorded ud for up-down and lr for left-right.

Global level (you can see the sim in full):
• Head: size (ud) and width (lr)
• Neck: width (lr) and thickness (lr side view)
• Shoulders: width (lr)
• Arm: volume (lr)
• Forearm: size (lr)
• Breast (female): height (ud) and size (lr)
• Chest (male): height (ud), width (lr) and size (lr side view)
• Back: curvature (hb side view)
• Belly: size (lr side view)
• Size: width (lr)
• Hips: width (lr)
• Buttocks: size (lr side or rear view)
• Thighs: size (lr)
• Calves: size (lr)
• Feet: size (lr)

Face level (max zooming with the scroll wheel):
• Face (on forehead): length (ud), width (lr) and profile (lr side view)
• Eyebrows: general height and width (ud and lr on the center of the eyebrows) curvature and spacing (ud and lr on the inner and outer edges of eyebrow), depth of the eyebrow (lr side view)
• Eye: height and spacing (ud and lr), rotation (ud on inside corner), size (lr on outside corner), depth (lr side view)
• Ears: size (ud) and stick-in / out (lr)
• Cheekbones: height (ud), width (lr) and depth (lr side view)
• Nose: height (ud), width (lr), length (lr profile) and curvature / rotation (lr side view on the bridge of the nose)
• Cheeks: height (ud) and size (lr)
• Mouth: width (lr), height (ud) and depth (lr side view)
• Jaw: width (lr), height (ud) and depth / prognathism (lr side view)
• Chin: width (lr), height (ud) and depth (lr side view)
• Neck: width (lr) and thickness (lr side view) - same as previous level
• Shoulders: width (lr) - same as previous level

Detail level (you click mode change left the sim):
• Face (on forehead): width of the lower face (lr), length (ud) and depth of the forehead (lr side view)
• Eyebrows: curvature (ud and lr) and depth of the brow (lr side view) - same as previous level
• Eye: height and spacing (ud and lr in the white of the eye), iris size (lr on the iris), eyelid up (ud and lr), lower eyelid (ud and lr), sitting outside (ud and lr), inside corner (ud and lr) and depth (lr side view on outside corner)
• Ears: length of earlobe (ud) and rotation (lr)
• Cheekbones: height (ud), width (lr) and depth (lr side view) - same as previous level
• Nose: height, width and depth of the nasal bone (ud, lr and lr side view on top of the nose); height, width and depth of the bridge of the nose (ud, lr and lr side view on the middle of the nose); thickness, width and length of the nose (ud, lr and lr side view on the nose); height and width of the nostrils (ud and lr the nostrils)
• Cheeks: Volume (lr) - fine-tuning - and height (ud) - same as previous level
• Mouth: thickness, width and depth of the top lip (ud, lr and lr side view); thickness, width and depth of the lower lip (ud, lr and lr side view); curvature (ud on corner of the mouth); rotation and depth commissure (lr and lr side view on the corner of the mouth)
• Jaw: width (lr), height (ud) - fine-tuning - and depth / prognathism (lr side view) - same as previous level
• Chin: width (lr) - same as previous level - height (ud) and depth (lr side view) - fine tuning

We therefore have:
2 cursors (muscle and weight) of the global level
18 body modifiers at the global level,
35 modifiers face level (I'm not counting those already present above)
44 modifiers detail level,
totaling almost one hundred settings for the body shape of our sim!   :o

In addition:
- The Shift key is used to change one of the two components when you are on an area accepting ud and lr modifiers. If you go from right to left, for example, small movements up and down are not taken into account.
- There are some settings that can only be done by a prior proposed a preset choice, as the detail of the top lip, eyelash length or chin slot. It's annoying because once we found the right shape of the chin and want to add the slot, we have to start all

Hope that will help some user to make perfect sim's body  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LittleMissSims

• Nooboo
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2014, 03:16:36 AM »
Just downloaded the demo and had to make my Simself...
Although the options were limited, I managed to create myself pretty accurately. I was quite impressed with the smoothness of the demo, the general changing of the body shape as well as the way that the clothes were sorted. It was really easy to use!
My only issue was that I found detail mode really difficult and frustrating. When clicking in the same area, I would have bits moving in ways that I didn't want! I pretty much just used premade features like I currently do in Sims 3, which is a shame because I was genuinely excited about this aspect of Create-A-Sim.
Overall, the demo exceeded my expectations in terms of capability and I can't wait to explore it further and improve my skills.

EDIT: Excited, not exciting!

Dellena

« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2014, 06:39:16 AM »
You just need practice. :)  Make what I'll call a 'throw away' sim.  Go in and click and drag everything you can find to learn what happens.

Offline DarDev

• Nooboo
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2014, 07:06:50 AM »
Although the options were limited, I managed to create myself pretty accurately.
[...]
My only issue was that I found detail mode really difficult and frustrating. When clicking in the same area, I would have bits moving in ways that I didn't want!

If you think is limited, perhaps you do'nt found any modifiers. Look the list above : there are about 100 settings for the body and face.

And for "I would have bits moving in ways that I didn't want" look at the end of the post :
- The Shift key is used to change one of the two components when you are on an area accepting ud and lr modifiers. If you go from right to left, for example, small movements up and down are not taken into account.

Hope that can help you to make yourself ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2014, 03:24:32 AM »
Made my first one today.  She came out gorgeous but it took so long to do.  I need lots of practice.  I wasn't all that impressed.  Lots of wonderful options for face, hair, and body but the clothes were definitely lacking in great style.  Sims3 CAS may be slow and clunky but I really enjoy being able to colorize and restyle EA patterns to make things truly unique.  Hope this improves with Sims4.  Did love doing the face though I didn't do much pulling and pushing.  I'd love to know how to access this.  Saved her to my gallery etc. but want to use her as my avatar and not sure how to do this.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Dellena

« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2014, 03:32:13 AM »
I read a post elsewhere and learned about the Snipping Tool.  I have Windows 7 and you just type Snipping Tool in the Search Programs and Files box at the bottom of the pane when you click on the Windows Start button.  It will easily allow you to do a cropped screenshot from the demo.

As for the face, for fine detail, when you're on the head, click on the Detail button on the left.  That will open even more options on fine tuning the face.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2014, 03:57:03 AM »
Here's my version of Rose Tyler from Doctor Who. This was actually one of the first Sims I made in the CAS demo. I'm pretty pleased with how she came out. I've been having a blast making other sims in the demo. I've tagged mine with #carlsguide and #charzof (my Origin username) for easy searching.

That's a very good Rose Tyler!

@DarDev:

Welcome to our Forum and thank you for all the detailed information.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2014, 09:58:15 AM »
When I started the demo this time there was an update to download. Anyone know what this update did?
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Naria

« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2014, 08:23:16 PM »
Heads up to anyone... So I pulled a Sim from the gallery that someone else made, but didn't like her. Instead of pressing Start Over, I just added a new Sim, deleted that one, renamed the household. Went to save it, it said it's by the person who made the other Sim and modified by me, even though that Sim had nothing to do with the one I made.

:-\ Just in case anyone needs that info for sharing a Sim.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2014, 02:09:59 AM »
Ok, I finally caved and decided to download the demo. I'm not much of a sim creator. I decided that we need a good old faithful to start off with - Christopher Steel. So how do I add hashtags? I've never hashtagged anything, ever. Other than a search option in the gallery, what is the purpose of a hashtag?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2014, 04:23:35 AM »
To add a hashtag, just type #blahblahblah into the description and a hashtag is automatically created. I'm not sure what else the hashtag does, but I use hashtags to search more than household names. We have a forum hashtag but I can't remember what it is . Our hashtag guarantees custom content free downloads, in line with forum regulation.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2014, 04:31:11 AM »
Thanks Bubbles - I tried that and when I clicked elsewhere on the screen I could see that it had updated the information.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2014, 04:41:34 AM »
For content that is CC free, use the hashtag #carlsguide (just put that in the description) That way people can search for things made by forum members without having to use different user names.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Dellena

« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2014, 06:16:24 AM »
On a bright note, you can safely download creations with CC showing.  If you don't own the CC they show, the game automatically strips it from the download.  It would be the same as if you shared a room that has items in it that are career rewards.  Anyone else who downloads that room but doesn't have the appropriate career and career level, the room would be stripped of those items.  So 'sneaky' CC should be a thing of the past.