Author Topic: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo  (Read 49066 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2014, 06:26:05 PM »
So would we put up something as Origin name#carlsguide?

Also, someone on the official forum was upset because he downloaded someone else's sim from the Gallery, worked it over until it was something entirely new and then discovered when he uploaded it that it still had the first person's name on it as well as his own. Personally, I like this feature (although apparently there are ways around it). Anyway, it's something to be aware of -- if you want full credit, start from scratch.

No, we put #carlsguide in the description, then when you search, you search by hashtag and type carlsguide into the search box.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2014, 06:59:15 PM »
Have been playing around in the CAS Demo since it was released to everyone. Have to say it is kinda fun. I like all the body adjustments that can be done. We can actually build a variety of realistic body types now. Which if I am to be honest means my simself needs more of a gut now while keeping the thin limbs. Lol.

I was taking screen captures of the various trait animations to find one to use for an avi. It seemed each new shot I took I captured him in the middle of a dance move. So that triggered me to string them together a bit for a short video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCaEYi0pXhs

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: August 15, 2014, 01:26:21 PM »
So I tried it again, slightly better results. Maybe it's just me (or maybe it's supposed to be this way), but when trying to adjust the body or face via mouse, it seems like the mouse sensitivity is set to "none at all" - it moves very slow. As a result, I spent more time on body sculpting than I'd wanted (I prefer to get it within range and then micro-adjust, but this was micro-adjust all the way).

Is that normal and I'm just hypersensitive? Or is it my mouse that's on a downward spiral? (It works fine for everything else.)

Also, I am sad that purple eyes aren't an option. I mostly made one of my old characters, but her eyes are a new color.

Dellena

« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2014, 03:11:24 PM »
It might help some of the more technical people to know what mouse you're using and is it on a desktop or laptop computer.  Sounds like your mouse sensitivity is wrong though.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2014, 04:03:04 PM »
I have had no problems with my mouse, but I have mine set to be very sensitive. So maybe check your mouse settings?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: August 15, 2014, 04:14:34 PM »
I don't own a laptop, so it's a desktop. My mouse sensitivity overall is set to "crybaby" mode (yeah yeah, terrible joke), and the demo is the ONLY thing on my computer wherein the sloth wins a foot race with an engine-less car. In the grand scheme of things...it's just a demo. I've decided to not let it annoy me. I'll just delete it from my computer and get Sims 4 whenever I feel like it. It's too bad, I was hoping to make some pretty nice Sims. *shrug*

I appreciate the assistance with whatever little info I had.  :)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2014, 11:06:07 AM »

I was taking screen captures of the various trait animations to find one to use for an avi. It seemed each new shot I took I captured him in the middle of a dance move. So that triggered me to string them together a bit for a short video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCaEYi0pXhs

Your video is fun to watch.
I noticed they move a lot!  In TS3 I was always waiting for them to move so I could get a screen shot that wasn't the same pose as all the other CAS screen shots.  But in the demo, I was trying to recreate the ladies from Orange is the New Black, and every time I tried to "step back" and get a look at them, they started moving this way and that way constantly, and grinning that enormous cheesy grin that makes their mouths look as wide as their faces, even though they really aren't that wide.  I found myself yelling at them "would you please stand still for one minute!"  Just like when my kids were younger and trying on clothes.  ;D

But . . . on the upside . . . the CAS screenshots in stories will be a lot more interesting.   :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2014, 03:18:29 PM »
Thanks Glazey. That is what got me started on action/attribute shots. He wouldn't really stand still. Lol.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2014, 03:29:59 PM »
Nice work on the short video MeestorMark. And the music you picked seemed to match his dance moves really well.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2014, 06:41:15 PM »
MeestorMark your video made me laugh. I've have to admit yelling at my sims to stand still. Nice idea turning into a video  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline kymber13

• Nooboo
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2014, 07:01:14 PM »
I just spent some time dorking around with the CAS Demo and I'm really disappointed. All of the lipstick choices are garish and ugly. You can no longer change the transparency level for any makeup. There's very few hair color choices and styles, and the same with the clothes - there's only one or two outfits or pieces of clothing I liked. Unless you want to make freakish Sims, they will all end up looking pretty much the same. I'm already regretting my pre-order! If they don't release a CASt expansion pack or option, I can't see this game holding my interest, unless there's some great CC out there.  :'(

Dellena

« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2014, 07:09:23 PM »
Please keep in mind that what's available in the demo is not everything in the game.  They've said, repeatedly, that it is a selection of what will come in the actual game.  As for the makeup, I agree.  I expect that to be the first thing I update with CC which is surprising as for me it's usually the hair. 

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2014, 04:31:38 AM »
This being a demo with limited content is the reason I haven't uploaded many sims to the gallery. There are thousands up there already, all wearing the same outfits. I want my uploaded sims to be a bit different, plus some are not the age I would prefer them to be. For example, I have a mother and daughter pair, but obviously, they can't both be young adults. I want to age the mother up and add a few younger siblings before I share them.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2014, 08:48:33 AM »
Now that there are so many people uploading sims with CC, has anyone here downloaded a sim with some in it?  Do you need the mod for it to show up, or will it attach itself to the sim like would happen on the exchange with Sims 3?  That is my biggest concern about the gallery.

Offline sunnydays

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2014, 09:10:55 AM »
Now that there are so many people uploading sims with CC, has anyone here downloaded a sim with some in it?  Do you need the mod for it to show up, or will it attach itself to the sim like would happen on the exchange with Sims 3?  That is my biggest concern about the gallery.

I tested this out the other day, by downloading a male sim wearing a CC T-shirt. The shirt didn't seem to transfer with him - instead, he showed up topless, haha. I can't confirm whether this will always be the case, though, or that it won't have affected my game in some way.

anything