Author Topic: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo  (Read 49060 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2014, 06:50:58 PM »
Well done on Johnny Depp :D

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2014, 09:01:41 PM »
Okay, so this version of Create-A-Sim totally gets a pass from me.

The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2014, 01:58:37 AM »
So here's my latest of famous couples:

I wonder how well I did and if you can guess.  Hint:  I love her music.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2014, 09:14:05 AM »
Having so much fun playing around with this. I have quite a few sims in my library now ready to play once I have the actual game. I tried making a simself, but had limited success. Although when I tried someone else, I had better results.. do you know who this is? My daughters both got it when I showed them, but then they know me and who I would try to create so maybe they just guessed it lol

MMMMM Johnny *said in dreamy teenage voice*
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2014, 10:10:26 AM »
Is there a way to change the pupil size on its own?  Every time I try, the iris changes as well, which just looks freaky.  Large/small pupils (in an 'I (don''t) like you' way) could have interesting possibilities for storytelling.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2014, 12:33:21 PM »
Is there a way to change the pupil size on its own?  Every time I try, the iris changes as well, which just looks freaky.  Large/small pupils (in an 'I (don''t) like you' way) could have interesting possibilities for storytelling.
I'm gonna be straight-up honest, the ability to make bona-fide "crazy eyes" is my favourite thing so far.

------------

Offline KimK972

• Nooboo
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2014, 01:25:53 PM »
I haven't been lucky enough to get the demo, but I've been watching videos of it on YouTube. One thing I just love are the filters! Short hairstyles only? Check. Skirts only? Check. Really cool feature.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »
I'm gonna be straight-up honest, the ability to make bona-fide "crazy eyes" is my favourite thing so far.

There are certainly plenty of opportunities for creating, ahem, interesting sims.   Drizz must love it :D.

So far, I have to say I'm not that knocked out.  It's a lot more intuitive than the Sims 3 interface but it doesn't seem to be as flexible:  the Sims 3 CAS in advanced mode allows you to manipulate things that you don't seem to be able to in the Sims 4, at least in the demo version: the area between the nose and top lip, for example.  Those lines between the nostrils and lip - can't remember the correct anatomical term, if I ever knew it - seem to be pretty prominent in 4 whatever you do, whereas you could make them very obvious or shrink them to nothing in 3.  Maybe I just haven't worked out how to do it yet.

The lack of clothing choices is also a little irritating, although I realise that is likely to improve.  For example, the Tshirts for female Sims: why do some colours only come with a picture on the front and others only come as a plain shirt?  Offering both options for all colours would be a tiny overhead in terms of programming and disk space.

Funnily enough, CAS-obsessed daughter (who spends at least 95% of her time creating Sims rather than playing with them) hijacked my computer for a couple of hours this morning and had exactly the same gripes as I did.

Dellena

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2014, 03:53:43 PM »
Have you been using the detail mode on the face?

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2014, 06:14:18 PM »
Have you been using the detail mode on the face?

Yes.  It's quite possible that I've missed something, though, what with kids nicking the computer and interruptions for shopping and other real-life annoyances  ::).

Offline audbooh

• she/her
  • Llama Wrangler
  • lurking in the shadows
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »
I just got mine yesterday, and man, I was excited! I messed around with it and then tried to create my sims from the Sims 3, which have purple eyes, black hair with purple highlights and pink tips (which looks hilarious on a boy). While creating the face and hair, I saw that there was no edit for eye and hair colours! That is probably my only complaint, except for the limited clothing options. Besides that, I think the CAS is brilliant. I really enjoyed creating my simself!

audbooh
unapologetic lover of romance, period pieces, and angsty pretty boys

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2014, 08:11:14 PM »
I just got mine yesterday, and man, I was excited! I messed around with it and then tried to create my sims from the Sims 3, which have purple eyes, black hair with purple highlights and pink tips (which looks hilarious on a boy). While creating the face and hair, I saw that there was no edit for eye and hair colours! That is probably my only complaint, except for the limited clothing options. Besides that, I think the CAS is brilliant. I really enjoyed creating my simself!

audbooh

Don't worry, Sims 2 had the same thing going on, so some modders will probably figure out how to add those colours in within a week.  ;)

------------

Offline audbooh

• she/her
  • Llama Wrangler
  • lurking in the shadows
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2014, 11:16:50 PM »
Don't worry, Sims 2 had the same thing going on, so some modders will probably figure out how to add those colours in within a week.  ;)
The only problem with me is that I can't get mods! It's against my Simmming rules, "...Might mess up my computer...Blah blah blah..." At least I could make them kinda the same! It wasn't really a big deal for me, but I hope that they fix that in the future. After all, it's not the finished product!

audbooh
unapologetic lover of romance, period pieces, and angsty pretty boys

Offline KimK972

• Nooboo
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2014, 06:40:43 AM »
Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but it looks to me like you can have different make-up for everyday, sleep, party, etc? That is something else I love, if it's true!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2014, 07:52:43 AM »
Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but it looks to me like you can have different make-up for everyday, sleep, party, etc? That is something else I love, if it's true!

I noticed that too.  Yes, I was able to put different make-up and hair.  I thought that was pretty neat.  You can do the same in sims3, but it is easier in the demo, as far as I can see.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything