Author Topic: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo  (Read 49057 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2014, 06:08:23 AM »
Does anyone who has shared a creation on the gallery know how to remove it from there? I've got a couple that I edited and re-uploaded. Now there are two copies on the gallery and I can't figure out how to remove the first one.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Dellena

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2014, 06:55:37 AM »
I'll check.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2014, 06:57:50 AM »
1. Open the Gallery
2. Go to My Library
3. Find the sim you want to remove from the gallery and click on it.
4. In the bottom right corner, the button that would upload it to the gallery will now remove it from the gallery.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2014, 07:01:30 AM »
I got the demo yesterday and I was thrilled!  I spent a lot of time messing around with it.  The sculpting aspect takes some getting used to, but it is nice. 

The clothing feels really limited, especially since I have both a ton of store items and use create a style constantly in the Sims 3.  I think I will miss create a style less once there are more preset choices in it.  It is very nice to be able to easily edit a different outfit and put different hairstyles on a sim with a click, compared to having to click through one or two screens and wait for it reload presets that, at least in my CAS on the Sims 3, takes forever. (My user preset file is over 4 MB, so that gives you an idea of how much I use CASt, and how badly it lags, even with a solid state hard drive.)

I'm also glad I'm not the only one that couldn't figure out how to get screen captures within the program.  I have Fraps on my computer, so I just loaded that up for the ones I took, but I noticed there is a "Screenshots" folder in the demo, so that means there must be a way, right?

You can now choose a saved household and return it to Create-A-Sim and add more to it.  I'll edit this when I've completed the husband for my current sim and saved the household again to see what happens.

I noticed that as well, and I love that feature! No more having to re-create a household to fix something minor, and having unnecessary copies sticking around if you forget to delete the old version!

What I couldn't figure out is if there's a way to save sims individually rather than in a household, so you can add them?  Or do you just have to merge households until you get the sims you need into it?

Dellena

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2014, 07:06:04 AM »
If you want to add an individual sim to a household, have the household loaded into CAS.  Then go find the single sim and click the button to bring it into CAS.  You then get the option to merge it to the current household in CAS or replace that household in CAS for editing.

Edit:  Also, the guru's have said that the demo is just a sampling of what's going to be released with the actual game.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2014, 07:08:44 AM »
1. Open the Gallery
2. Go to My Library
3. Find the sim you want to remove from the gallery and click on it.
4. In the bottom right corner, the button that would upload it to the gallery will now remove it from the gallery.

Thanks Dellena. I had already removed them from my library, so I had to go to the gallery and re-save them. Once I did that I was able to remove them from the gallery.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2014, 07:19:14 AM »
I woke up this morning to find the demo in my Origin library and was so excited! It took me a little to get used to the sculpting of a sim (still don't understand how to effectively change the size of pupils) but found it really easy and simple to create unique sims. I feel like some of the clothing items don't have anything colour palette options whilst others have way too many and hope there is more to choose from come release. The Gallery seems really well executed (other than the search being a bit weird) and it's great to have the ability to upload sims straight from the game. Overall I am really pleased with Create-a-Sim and can't wait to jump into the game with the Sims I have created.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2014, 07:25:20 AM »
... (still don't understand how to effectively change the size of pupils) ...

Click on the head to zoom in then click the "enter detail edit mode" then you can grab the pupils to change them.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2014, 07:29:08 AM »
Click on the head to zoom in then click the "enter detail edit mode" then you can grab the pupils to change them.
Thank you! I feel like I am doing something wrong though, every time I try I enlarge the pupils even when trying to make them smaller.

Has anyone else gotten 'server error: could not process request' when sharing to the gallery?

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2014, 07:34:24 AM »
Thank you! I feel like I am doing something wrong though, every time I try I enlarge the pupils even when trying to make them smaller.

lol, it is actually different for each eye. Drag towards the nose to make the pupil smaller and away from the nose to make them bigger.

I can't seem to get a hold of the spine to change the posture like they do in this video at about the 58 second mark... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtPdobUT-_o

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2014, 07:42:01 AM »
Drag towards the nose to make the pupil smaller and away from the nose to make them bigger.
That makes sense. Thank you, finally got their pupils back to normal after my initial attempts...

Dellena

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2014, 12:13:48 PM »
I can't seem to get a hold of the spine to change the posture like they do in this video at about the 58 second mark... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtPdobUT-_o

Spin them to see their back and grab them between the shoulder blades and move up or down. :)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2014, 04:22:48 PM »
OMG!!  I just checked my email and found an invitation for the SIMS 4 Demo!   I am SO excited!!!  I am hosting a pizza/water wars party at my mom's tonight so I won't be able to try it till late, late tonight.  I can't wait to make Simselfs of myself and family. I will reply with a review tomorrow. :) ;D :D

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2014, 05:37:07 PM »
Spin them to see their back and grab them between the shoulder blades and move up or down. :)

Thanks Dellena. Apparently, I'd already found it, but because I had been making a female sim, I thought it was a breast height adjuster lol. You can access it from the side view too, just look for the arrows pointing up and down.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2014, 06:30:41 PM »
Having so much fun playing around with this. I have quite a few sims in my library now ready to play once I have the actual game. I tried making a simself, but had limited success. Although when I tried someone else, I had better results.. do you know who this is? My daughters both got it when I showed them, but then they know me and who I would try to create so maybe they just guessed it lol