Author Topic: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo  (Read 49070 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2014, 06:37:23 PM »
I got mine about an hour ago. The first time I brought it up, some of the controls were a bit sticky. I tried to turn my Sim around, and he kept spinning. After I got him to stop, I couldn't do anything, so pressed CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out. My second attempt went much, much better, so if someone has trouble on their first try, I'd suggest shutting down and trying again. I noticed in the option menu that there's a button for laptops, so will try that next.

I made a brother and sister, to play with genetics. They look somewhat alike but not entirely. I love most of the hairstyles for women and the eyeshadow. I kept reaching for the opacity slider on the make-up though, and of course there isn't one. The clothing is great.

One thing I noticed is that you can only make young adults in the demo, but I haven't tried a husband and wife yet, to see if they have children.

I have two problems -- the first is that when I look at people on TV, I want to make their faces. The second is that now I want to play the game!

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2014, 08:43:01 PM »
I still haven't gotten one!  I read that everyone will be able to get the demo later in the summer.  That's probably when I'll get to play with it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 08:48:24 PM »
Check Origin again tomorrow, Pam, mid to late afternoon. I think they're sending the demos out randomly now (since I never post on the official forum, I figure that's how I got one), and apparently every day or every other day.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 08:50:19 PM »
Check Origin again tomorrow, Pam, mid to late afternoon. I think they're sending the demos out randomly now (since I never post on the official forum, I figure that's how I got one), and apparently every day or every other day.

Do you mean to log into my Origin account?  I've only been watching my email.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 08:50:55 PM »
Yay, I got one too.  Can't wait to download and try it out.  I am so excited.  Will report back soon.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Dellena

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 08:52:50 PM »
Pam, I logged into my Origin account and looked at My Games and it was there.

Here's Elsa and Anna from Frozen.  Whatcha think?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 09:17:46 PM »
Pam, I don't think you need to log in to your origin account to receive the invite. I haven't logged into mine for ages. I got my invitation in an email, telling me to log into my origin account to download it.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 09:37:29 PM »
I didn't get an e-mail, but I did find the demo in with my games on Origin. Apparently some people get e-mails with codes and some just get the demo.

Dellena

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 09:40:46 PM »
The e-mail showed up for me a couple hours after I'd already found it on my Origin.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2014, 09:50:40 PM »
Pam, I logged into my Origin account and looked at My Games and it was there.

Here's Elsa and Anna from Frozen.  Whatcha think?

How did you get the picture?  I took one, but it didn't show up in the library.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 10:32:34 PM »
Starting to think everyone will get it eventually, it seems like a trickle so their servers aren't overwhelmed. I am glad more of you are getting to enjoy it. I feel like this one's easy enough I'd never need to make a real guide, but may make a FAQ of sorts.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2014, 11:04:51 PM »
Starting to think everyone will get it eventually, it seems like a trickle so their servers aren't overwhelmed. I am glad more of you are getting to enjoy it. I feel like this one's easy enough I'd never need to make a real guide, but may make a FAQ of sorts.
I figure making it a trickle is probably for the best.  EA sometimes doesn't judge their server needs adequately, and as many Sims fans as there are, it could crash the servers...

*checks e-mail*  And there is my offer of the Demo now.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 01:12:27 AM »
Well I've been having a play. Overall I like it. There are a few restrictions I found. I don't like that we are restricted with the colour choices for hair, or the fact that we can't put different coloured highlights in. There are two hairstyles that have three colours, but the second and third colour is determined by the base colour. Of course things could still change between now and release date. Generally, though, I have been having fun with it. I even uploaded  Twinmum Simself to the gallery.

One thing I noticed is that you can only make young adults in the demo, but I haven't tried a husband and wife yet, to see if they have children.

I made a married couple, but still can't make kids. I'd say the demo is restricted to young adults. Playing with the genetics, I like how you can randomise a twin or just sibling for them.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Dellena

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2014, 03:38:29 AM »
Use your computer's Print Screen button and immediately go to an image editing program - I use Gimp 2.  In that program, use the edit > paste command.  It should paste what you just screen printed.  Then I cropped it to just their picture (since you get your whole screen).  Save it, etc.

Dellena

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2014, 03:48:45 AM »
I'm not sure this has been posted or noted anywhere.  But this is definitely different from The Sims 3.

You can now choose a saved household and return it to Create-A-Sim and add more to it.  I'll edit this when I've completed the husband for my current sim and saved the household again to see what happens.

EDIT:  Yeah, I was able to create the husband, and my choices on Saving are Overwrite, Save New or Cancel.