Author Topic: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo  (Read 49056 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo
« on: July 08, 2014, 03:33:36 PM »
As some of you may know, it looks like EA is letting a few people try out the Sims 4 Create-A-Sims Demo early.  You may wish to check your e-mail, or your Origin account to see if you have it. 

An official tweet says this:
The Sims 4 CAS Demo is available now by invitation only for some of our fans. It will be available worldwide later this summer.
(Source:  The Sims Twitter)

Carl himself is one of the lucky few, so don't be surprised to see some forthcoming information from him ;)  (He posted this on the discussion thread)

Additionally, SimGuruHydra posted a bit of info about the Demo over in the official forums:

Hi Simmers!

If you’re playing the early trial experience of The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo, we hope you’re having a lot of fun with it! Have questions about the demo? We hope this FAQ answers them. Any feedback about the demo you would like to share? Please post here.

Q: What is The Sims™ 4 Create A Sim Demo?
A: Create smarter Sims with unique personalities and distinct appearances in The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo. Experience the powerful Create A Sim and directly manipulate your Sims with tactile precision to create the most unique and detailed Sims yet. Share your Sims on the Gallery or Facebook, then download them directly into The Sims 4 when the game launches in September 2014 and bring your Sims to life. The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo will be released worldwide later this summer.

Q: How do I get into The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo?
A: An early version of The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo is available now, by invitation only for some of our fans. This is a trial experience that we are using to test our key functionality in advance of the worldwide release of The Sims 4. As a result we will be doing periodic maintenance on our servers.

Q: How much does The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo cost?
A: The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo will be available at no cost to you.

Q: Does The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo require an Origin account to play?
A: Yes, The Sims 4 Create a Sim Demo is available from Origin and you will use the Origin client to download and install the demo. Once installed, you don’t need to be online to play the demo.

Q: Does The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo feature all of the content from the base game?
A: The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo features a sampling of content from The Sims 4 base game.

Q: Is there a Mac version of The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo?
A: We are currently focused on the PC version of The Sims 4. We have no additional information regarding Mac at this time.

Q: Where can I provide feedback for the early trial experience of The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo?
A: We welcome your feedback! Head over to our forums and let us know what you think. Share your feedback here.

Q: Can I tell my friends about the early trial experience of The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo?
A: Yes! While this early trial experience is by invitation only, we encourage you to share your creations with your friends and family using the Facebook share functionality.

Q: How do I stay up to date with The Sims 4?
A: The latest information for The Sims 4 can be found at our website. You can also keep up to date by following @TheSims on Twitter or by Liking us on Facebook.
TheSims.com
The Sims on Twitter
The Sims Official Facebook

Q: What are the system requirements for The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo?
A: The following system requirements only apply to The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo. The system requirements for The Sims 4 base game will be released at a later date.

MINIMUM: OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 (64 bit versions are preferred)
CPU: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent
Dual Core and SSE 2 required
For computers using built-in graphics chipsets the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent
RAM: At least 2 GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 1.2 GB of free space with at least 0.5 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0
SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
INPUT: Keyboard and mouse

(Source:  SimGuruHydra's Post)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 08:52:59 PM »
Some Simmers got their hands on the CAS Demo and I was one of them. Here's my experience with the new Create-a-Sim Tool for Sims 4. There are plenty of shots of the interface, my own opinions, and a full list of included traits and aspirations that may provide some more insight into gameplay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 09:53:41 PM »
I just read your article, Carl, and it was excellent. I'll definitely be pre-ordering through this site -- just 8 weeks now until Sept. 2!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 10:14:04 PM »
Great work, Carl!  I'll get this up on Facebook right away.

Edit:  Never mind.  I see you put it up already.  :D

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 07:30:59 AM »
Just read the article as well. :)  Looks good.  Am just going to make a few comments.

I saw in a stream of the demo that they were able to click on the feet and change their size.

Regarding Aspirations and traits.  You start with one aspiration and the three traits (aspiration giving you a fourth trait).  However, you can have more aspirations as you play, once you've completed the current one.  Or, you can change it to something else if you change your mind.  From what I've read, most aspirations give a trait as the bonus.  So you have the potential, over time, to continue adding traits through the aspirations.  This makes sense to me and adds a dimension of continued growth to your sims.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 07:35:26 AM »
Those screenshots made me realize what I don't like about Sims 4... I said they look a bit too cartoony in the other thread.

It's the hair! Oh well, I can live with that until modders make better hair. ;) I think I may have to play around with CAS once it's available to everyone.

Dellena

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 07:46:47 AM »
I actually like the hair.  Which is shocking to me as I've NEVER liked the EA hair before and it's the first thing I get for CC.  Not this time.  I'm glad they've stepped away from going even more realistic.  I think that would have required a much higher computer spec and I don't think they wanted to exclude a portion of the current Sims 3 player base due to much higher spec requirements.  I feel it was the right decision on their part.

I know people are missing CASt, but I was impressed with the number of choices available with each piece of clothing (I saw on a stream of the demo).  Where before there was only 3 presets of a piece of clothing, now there's many many more (at least on the few I saw).  And you still can change the colour for even more variety.  I don't think I'm going to miss CASt nearly as much as I feared.  It makes me very hopeful for building objects and the variety of choice.

And the demo is only a portion of what's coming with the actual game.  Am SOOOOO excited.  I think I wore out my Origin refresh button last night.  But alas, no demo for me.  /cry

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 02:10:35 PM »
Oh, I agree... I think it's a step in the right direction to ensure people can play it! It's just the part I don't like, and I can totally live with that as I know people will come out with hair pretty quickly. :)

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 04:17:00 PM »
Apparently they are still giving out demo's, so keep checking your email and Origin account.
I just got mine and I'm downloading it now  ;D

Can't wait to have fun with it.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Dellena

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 04:37:35 PM »
Me too!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 04:55:43 PM »
Apparently they are still giving out demo's, so keep checking your email and Origin account.
I just got mine and I'm downloading it now  ;D

Can't wait to have fun with it.
I'm so jealous! I'm really looking forward to trying the demo out but I haven't got access yet. I can almost guarruntee that, knowing my luck, I will be among the last to gain access. :( I hope you are all enjoying it!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 05:31:28 PM »
I'm glad to read some of you are getting a chance to play around with CAS! Congrats to those who got keys. I'm sure they'll open it up to everyone as a marketing tool eventually.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 06:14:42 PM »
Yay, woke up to find an email with an invitation. Just have to wait now for someone to get out of bed so I can go turn the computer on!
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2014, 06:21:03 PM »
Just got mine, so I can tell you don't have to pre-order to get an invite (haven't gotten around to ordering yet).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 06:29:01 PM »
Just got mine, so I can tell you don't have to pre-order to get an invite (haven't gotten around to ordering yet).

Me too.  A pity it's already past my bedtime  ::).