Author Topic: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo  (Read 49048 times)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2014, 12:25:42 PM »
I don't own a laptop, so it's external mouse all the way. It's sounding like I just had an unlucky first experience, so I'll hope that it goes better tonight. :)

Thanks, everyone, and I hope to report that my little thief will be much better made.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2014, 01:06:27 PM »
Is anyone else having a problem uploading to the gallery? I'm currently getting a message that says Server error: could not process request.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2014, 01:27:05 PM »
I sometimes have difficulty uploading.  The error message I get is that one of the Origin services is currently offline, or something like that.  I imagine the Gallery is getting some HEAVY traffic just now.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2014, 02:07:06 PM »
I sometimes have difficulty uploading.  The error message I get is that one of the Origin services is currently offline, or something like that.  I imagine the Gallery is getting some HEAVY traffic just now.
I fixed it! I just edited and reloaded the game. I did check how many people were online. It said about 14,000. I've seen it slightly busier but it must be very busy for the servers to handle.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2014, 02:14:41 PM »
So, how can I follow my origin friends to see if they have made any cool sims? I just can't figure it out...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2014, 03:14:52 PM »
In the upper right corner of the Gallery, you can choose item name, hashtag, or Origin name. We don't have a #, but you can use our Origin names. I think someone mentioned that we should have a #Carl's&Pam's or something to find Forum people, but I don't know what's required for setting that up.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2014, 03:26:21 PM »
In the upper right corner of the Gallery, you can choose item name, hashtag, or Origin name. We don't have a #, but you can use our Origin names. I think someone mentioned that we should have a #Carl's&Pam's or something to find Forum people, but I don't know what's required for setting that up.
Do you mean setting up the hashtag? I think you just type in #Carl&Pam's and it makes it a searchable hashtag. At least, that's how it worked for me!
Bubbles's Workshop

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2014, 03:38:39 PM »
Do you mean setting up the hashtag? I think you just type in #Carl&Pam's and it makes it a searchable hashtag. At least, that's how it worked for me!

Did you upload something with that hashtag? Because when I searched for that hashtag, nothing came up...

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2014, 04:21:25 PM »
Sorry, I didn't quite explain that right. I tried creating a new hashtag with a different name (#mollyweasley I think) and that worked. It was the only #mollyweasley yesterday morning at least!
Bubbles's Workshop

Dellena

« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2014, 05:36:41 PM »
I'd like for Carl and Pam to weigh in on the hashtag since it would refer to this site, basically.  If they could decide on one, then we could start using it.

So, how can I follow my origin friends to see if they have made any cool sims? I just can't figure it out...

It's a bit complicated.  But here's how you'd follow me.  In the Community on the Gallery, choose Origin ID as the search type and type shetcogle.  This should bring up all of my creations that are uploaded to the gallery.  Click on one of them.  Under the Sim's picture, you should see "By..." in the Informaiton box.  If you click on the person's name there (shetcogle in this instance) you'll go to my Sims 4 Gallery profile page.  In the upper left corner there's a Follow button.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2014, 05:43:57 PM »
Is there a way we can see who follows us? When I look at my profile, it says I am following 17 and have 14 followers. If I click on the following button, it tells me who the 17 that I'm following are, but I can't seem to work out how to see who the 14 followers are (if there is a way)
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2014, 05:45:59 PM »
I don't think there is a way. I've tried multiple times to find a way without any success. It is kind of annoying! I think it would be a nice touch if EA could include that at some point. It would also be nice if we could see who downloaded our creations.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2014, 06:03:46 PM »
How about the hashtag #carlsguide for creations by members here? So when you make a sim (or buildings when the game is released) in the description add #carlsguide  Then when we search, we can search by that hastag to find things by members here. I'll put this up on the Origin friend request board too.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2014, 06:14:52 PM »
How about the hashtag #carlsguide for creations by members here? So when you make a sim (or buildings when the game is released) in the description add #carlsguide  Then when we search, we can search by that hastag to find things by members here. I'll put this up on the Origin friend request board too.

I think that's a great idea - I want to see what you guys are making!

I made a sim and added #carlsguide can someone check if the search function is working?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2014, 06:22:12 PM »
So would we put up something as Origin name#carlsguide?

Also, someone on the official forum was upset because he downloaded someone else's sim from the Gallery, worked it over until it was something entirely new and then discovered when he uploaded it that it still had the first person's name on it as well as his own. Personally, I like this feature (although apparently there are ways around it). Anyway, it's something to be aware of -- if you want full credit, start from scratch.

I just used the hashtag carls guide and found 5 by Twinmum and 1 by saltpastillen. I think we have a new Swap Shop.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

anything