Author Topic: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo  (Read 49044 times)

Dellena

Re: The Sims 4 Create-a-Sim Demo
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2014, 11:01:12 AM »
Yes, you can set different makeup for every outfit

Offline Nandonalt

• Nooboo
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2014, 12:44:43 AM »
I like it so far. I like how it does not have loading times at all (yet) and how fast it is to navigate.
And - for me - the grab-style body/face customization is great! I think it's better than sliders.
However, I have some negative points for it.

• Makeup and hair should have a color wheel. I think that's pretty basic and would not take away so much performance;
  • Makeup should have an opacity slider;
  • The same makeup should be avaliable on both genders;
  • Too few accessories.

Here are some pics. Some sims are based on real friends. All the sims I made are on my Flickr gallery :D

(also my first post here!)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2014, 10:20:51 PM »
For those who may still want a chance to get in early with the Sims 4 Create-A-Sim Demo, EA is now doing an early access sign-up:

First of all, I want to say thank you to the players who have been helping us test the early trial experience of The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo over the past week. We have received lots of really useful information which is helping us to polish our game, and we have seen how much fun you have been having creating your Sims.

We have also seen how many of you want to join in and help us with the ongoing testing. I am pleased to tell you that we are now inviting anyone who is interested, to sign up for the chance to be invited into the early trial experience.

All you have to do is provide your email (the one linked to your Origin account) in The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo box on the home page. Spots in the early trial experience are limited and not everyone will be invited in. If you are selected to participate, you will receive an email invitation with full instructions at some point in the next two weeks.

Please see our FAQ for more information on The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo.

We look forward to getting your feedback.

- Rachel
(Source:  The Sims™ 4 Create A Sim Demo: Early Access Signup!)

The actual registration may be found on this page:
Sims 4 Create a Sim Demo Registration

Please bear in mind even if you do register, there is no guarantee you will be picked.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2014, 06:57:09 PM »
EA is also still doing random invites -- I just got an early access invite in my inbox, without doing the registration above.

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2014, 12:56:34 AM »
I registered this morning at 10:30am and at 2:00pm they sent me an emailed invitation :)

I really like the way the sims look, but I agree that the eyelashes don't look right and the make-up needs an opacity slider. I'm having fun creating sims!

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2014, 08:06:33 PM »
I didn't get an e-mail, but I checked my Origin account today and there it was! No idea how long it's been there. I played around a bit and even uploaded a Sim to the community gallery, just to see if I could get it to work.  And it did! It's an interesting demo and I really like being able to add a hat to any hairstyle. And the feature to have hair with different outfits is much easier, I think. If I would just remember to do it that way...probably just take a bit of getting used to, like going from Sims2 to Sims3. Haven't pre-ordered the game though, in some ways I can't wait to get it, in others, I remember how disappointed I was with Sims3 in the beginning. Until I figured out how to play my way. I am planning on waiting until I see some reviews from the fans here--but I'm such a hopeless Sims lover---will probably get it as soon as it's out!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2014, 10:50:01 PM »
I discovered that I did get an e-mail, after all, but it didn't show up because my account filters out promotions from commercial sites. So if your e-mail account does the same and you don't check Origin on a regular basis, look in the promotions section of your e-mail.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2014, 03:38:31 AM »
I registered the first day the registration was available but I haven't heard anything yet. I've been checking my emails but I haven't been able to check my origin because I don't have my laptop with me at the moment. Just as a matter of interest, how extreme can you get with the sims? For example, in a few dynasties here (The Licious Life States Dynasty springs to mind) have hideous founder created by setting sliders to maximum. Is it possible to make sims like that in the demo even without all the sliders?
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Dellena

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2014, 04:03:41 AM »
Yes, you can make fairly hideous looking sims.

McHazy

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2014, 06:41:13 AM »
Thanks for the tip guys, I have signed up for early access so here's hoping they let me at it!

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2014, 12:38:11 AM »
Oddly enough, I just checked my Origin account today and see that I've had the demo in My Games since July 10th.  I never received an e-mail though, and it's not in my spam folder, so I don't know how I would know about it.  Time to check it out!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2014, 06:07:29 PM »
I just updated Origin and got a notification that I had the Sims 4 demo. Since I have already received the demo, I wonder if this means that it's been distributed to everyone?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2014, 06:11:39 PM »
It hasn't been distributed to everyone. I still don't have it and I signed up for early access

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2014, 10:03:19 AM »
The demo showed up in my origin account a couple of days ago. I really like the demo, the new way of adjusting the different body parts is sooooo much better (once I got used to it at least). I hope they eventually add a greater range of hair and eye colors, so I'm quite missing that part of the customizing from Sims 2. As for the preset colors for clothes, while somewhat limited I actually like it far better than I thought I would, it saves me so much time! I love that formal and party are two different categories, and the walk styles are hilarious.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2014, 11:31:31 AM »
It hasn't been distributed to everyone. I still don't have it and I signed up for early access

Ditto  :'(
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*