Author Topic: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features  (Read 110185 times)

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features
« Reply #405 on: August 30, 2014, 01:44:09 AM »
I still haven't decided who I'm going to play first in Sims 4. I don't have any legacy or challenge families I'm attached to. I've been making Sims in the Create A Sim demo but I still don't feel the pull of any of them. I guess I'll just have to wait until release day and make up some new Sims. I may recreate Adam Birch from Aurora Skies since I pretty much always marry him but I may just start off with a single Sim and see how it goes too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #406 on: August 30, 2014, 02:40:23 AM »
I will probably play one of my couples that I have created, because I am curious about having families from scratch in the game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #407 on: August 30, 2014, 02:59:19 AM »
In the Sims 4 Player Guide it says there are three pre-saved games that you can play...

"For your convenience we’ve provided 3 unique saved games. Each provides a different look at just a few of the possibilities the game offers and allow you to experience some of the later gameplay you might not encounter in a shorter gameplay session.

Load a Saved Game
By clicking the disc button at the top of the main menu you can quickly jump into one of the fun scenarios below.

Bachelor: Play out the life of the wealthy and influential Rico Bachelor, who happens to know just about everyone in town. You’ll start off at a party in the Rattlesnake Juice Bar, where Rico is having a Suggestive Conversation with Katrina Caliente. Take advantage of Rico’s Flirty emotion, Level 10 Charisma Skill, and Romantic Personality Trait to help him achieve his current Aspiration to initiate 10 Successful Kisses!

Mad Science: Enter a world of Mad Science with the Malakai brothers. Being twins, these two Rocket Scientists are physically identical - but they couldn’t be much further apart in terms of their personalities. With one aspiring to be a Friend of the World, and the other a Public Enemy, explore how Sims with widely different personality traits and differing long term goals can have significantly different life stories.

Power Couple: Ever wonder what it’s like to have it all? Jump into the life of the rich and powerful with Ethan and Allyson Poole. Both at the pinnacle of their careers, they’ve perfected most of their skills, earned rich rewards, and are even working on their next aspiration. See what it’s like to have everything and be good at everything."

These families might be fun to explore first  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Dellena

« Reply #408 on: August 30, 2014, 03:02:04 AM »
I am glad that they are introducing elements to make the game a bit harder.  Sims 3 was fairly easy when it came to careers and school.  Now I just want to play! :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #409 on: August 30, 2014, 03:02:30 AM »
I've found an online link to the Sims4 Player Guide on SimsVip, hope it ok to link to it from here? If not I'm sure one of our wonderful moderators will remove my post  :)

http://simsvip.com/2014/08/29/now-available-the-sims-4-players-guide/

Edit by Carl: changed the link to the post rather than the pdf, so that readers go through SimsVIP's site to get the file.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #410 on: August 30, 2014, 02:08:21 PM »
I got that guide myself, but won't bother sharing it now that SimsVIP has provided it and we're so close to release. I guess they have recognized my efforts on the site, as I am able to start work on The Sims 4 Guide Monday morning - a day before release. I suppose this is to help get first impressions out to help people decide if they want to buy it, but I see my role as to start early and try to get the first guides out asap. I am thinking I will make Gardening first, as it was the most popular skill with Sims 3 Vanilla, and my favorite overall. However, I'm known to jump tracks and chase something else that appeals to me. I am hoping that they will give me some early access to EPs in the future, so that I can have a larger role in helping people decide whether the content is right for them.

I will be buying Premium Content for this one and covering it in a special section, so will appreciate head's up on any PC that significantly changes gameplay by offering new mechanics.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #411 on: August 30, 2014, 02:34:29 PM »
Once more, thank you so much jillz for your write up of the live-stream. I tried to watch this one but I just got to boored with them focusing on stuff I had no interest in (I've never been someone who kills sims to check out their ghosts for example). I really enjoy all of your write ups and like the small tidbits you notice.

How cool that you can get money back when you recycle food and I think those un-lockables are going to make the game more interesting.

I agree that the learning curve will be pretty steep, I personally don't think that will be a bad thing, because sims 3 was pretty easy to get the hang of compared to sims 2 in my opinion. So, if sims 4 is more complex, it's nothing we haven't been asking for as players anyway.

6 more days to go for me, I'm looking forward to seeing more gamer-lead let's-plays once the game is out, but frankly I always get a bit frustrated with let's-plays because the ones running them don't do the things I would do. I don't think any watching of let's-plays is going to be a substitute for playing the game...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #412 on: August 30, 2014, 02:38:30 PM »

I will be buying Premium Content for this one and covering it in a special section, so will appreciate head's up on any PC that significantly changes gameplay by offering new mechanics.

Does anyone know when the new store will be up? And have there been any news about what time frame before there will be releases? I realize they can't very well sell things before the game is out, but I just want to check things out and familiarize myself with the webpage. I'm still having a learning curve with the official forum since it switched over.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #413 on: August 30, 2014, 03:57:55 PM »
I am guessing they are busy developing things for it and that it will be up within a week after release. After all, the game is mostly done and their designers can start work on those types of things. Just my guess. I'm excited, as I never bought one piece of PC for TS3 and want to get to enjoy those additions to gameplay and mention the things that are worth buying. I missed out on a lot, and will help make sure others don't miss some of the really good stuff the store had to offer.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #414 on: August 30, 2014, 04:06:41 PM »
I am guessing they are busy developing things for it and that it will be up within a week after release. After all, the game is mostly done and their designers can start work on those types of things. Just my guess. I'm excited, as I never bought one piece of PC for TS3 and want to get to enjoy those additions to gameplay and mention the things that are worth buying. I missed out on a lot, and will help make sure others don't miss some of the really good stuff the store had to offer.

It will be great to be able to read about PC here I think. I was a latecomer to PC from the store myself, and only got into using it for the last year and a half. I will probably buy quite a lot of PC for sims 4 now that I have gotten into the habbit. I will gladly report my findings :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #415 on: August 30, 2014, 04:16:59 PM »
Glad to know you'll like the section. I put up a thread on the new suggestions board so that people can notify me of PC as it is released, which will help get it in the guide. I can sometimes be too busy to notice Sims news while I"m working on covering the game in hand. Gotta get away from the PC sometimes!  :o

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #416 on: August 30, 2014, 11:43:22 PM »
I don't know how I raised infants & toddlers without the playpen, walker and baby swing PC for the Sims 3 store. I'll likely be buying PC and will let you know how it affects gameplay as well.

As far as today's livestream goes, I was at a BBQ this afternoon and only had 4 hours of sleep the night before. I didn't want to analyze/narrate today on a fuzzy brain. I will post tomorrow!

A funny story: my anniversary is on Tuesday and I brought this up on the way to the BBQ today.
Me: "It's our anniversary on Tuesday"
Husband: "Yep, it is"
Me: "Well, you know The Sims 4 comes out on Tuesday "
Husband: "So you're going to be spending it with SimMatt?"
Me: "We can celebrate on Sunday or Monday!"

He is a good sport and only teased me a little bit before we decided to go see Guardians of the Galaxy on Monday and go for a nice meal afterwards and I get to play Sims on Tuesday when he goes back to work after the long weekend here in the US.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #417 on: August 31, 2014, 01:55:15 AM »

As far as today's livestream goes, I was at a BBQ this afternoon and only had 4 hours of sleep the night before. I didn't want to analyze/narrate today on a fuzzy brain. I will post tomorrow!

No pressure!

Dellena

« Reply #418 on: August 31, 2014, 02:03:42 AM »

Husband: "So you're going to be spending it with SimMatt?"

Tell your husband I think he's awesome!  LOL

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #419 on: August 31, 2014, 06:15:46 AM »
So far I'm seeing some things I like and some things I really don't care for at the moment.  Game play could change those opinions.  Premade rooms might be all well and good for those who haven't been building for years, but I'm not ok with them, and frankly, the colors and patterns chosen are not only boring but for the most part, ugly.  Just my opinion.  I'm so used to recoloring patterns to come up with something I really love that seeing endless browns, tans, rusts is just not my cup of tea.  Right now the game seems to me to be more work than fun.  With Sims3 you could jump right in and play and have fun from the get go.  Here you have to think and plan and hope you got it all right.  Of course, there is always a learning curve with any new game.  Heck, I'm still learning and figuring out things for Sims3 but I'm pretty slow at learning new game skills.  I've downloaded my game and now it's just wait with baited breath till I can give this Caddy a run.  Since I've bought and used pretty much every bit of PC that came down the pike, I'm hoping we'll be able to buy things that will make decorating more fun.  So far what I've seen is just not that great nor all that imaginative.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery